Status
Not open for further replies.

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
Strike zone is really big tonight. That was just really bad all around.

Descalso got robbed right after as well.
I just feel if Joc was seen that Greinke was aiming to that corner and the ump is giving that spot to the pitcher why not protect? He never took the bat off his shoulder. (4 of his 5 pitches were basicslly in the same spot)

Wow Greinke with more hits than the entire Dodgers team.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
Live from Chase Field:

giphy.gif

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The NL is totally open now lol

Dbacks have the best chance but idk how well they'll bounce back from the injuries to their pitchers

Otherwise they'd be the best overall team in the NL

the cubs are still projected to win like 6-7 more games than arizona, and the nationals should put it together eventually. arizona is a good team though, and i'd say they're the favorites for the division now

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
TJS isn't a big deal for position players. Torres had tjs last summer and was ready by spring training. He'll be fine going forward, but that's a big blow for the Doyers this year.

Do we know if it's on his throwing arm?
Throwing arm. He had a couple of bad throws this past week. Gave him a rest for a couple of games.

RampagingSoul

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man we gotta give Josh Hader some more attention

I saw his stat line for today's game and did a double take. Ridiculous numbers today and he's been spectacular for the Brewers from what I've seen. Definitely needed that with Knebel down, but their bullpen has picked up and been great without him.

The complete opposite of the Royals 2018 bullpen which is Herrera, who was bounced back really nicely so far this year, and, then, a bunch of nothing.

J.T

Nov 22, 2017
Damn, AJ Pollack hits his 3 home run of the night for the Dbacks. Dodgers lose this game 8 games back, 4 under 500 and Seager out for the year. Yep, it's gonna be a long damn season.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Padresing confirmed. Hand looked completely awful there. He couldn't find the strike zone through what, 40 pitches?

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Braves fans were actually MAD that they traded away TOP PROSPECT Jose Peraza? lol.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Charlie Morton was dealing last night. Wide ass strike zone but that dude has resurrected his career in Houston.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Braves fans were actually MAD that they traded away TOP PROSPECT Jose Peraza? lol.
I always knew he was going to be a light hitting utility infielder.

... Although I was ok with trading away Alex Wood at the time. I really thought Hector Olivera would be something. Boy was I wrong on that one. Got to see him play Outfield for that opening series in DC, probably the worst Outfielder I have seen play MLB. Matt Kemp had no range but he knew what he was doing. Hector looked like a deer in headlights out there.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
I always knew he was going to be a light hitting utility infielder.

... Although I was ok with trading away Alex Wood at the time. I really thought Hector Olivera would be something. Boy was I wrong on that one. Got to see him play Outfield for that opening series in DC, probably the worst Outfielder I have seen play MLB. Matt Kemp had no range but he knew what he was doing. Hector looked like a deer in headlights out there.

Olivera might have been good, who knows, if he could keep his hands off women.

He was never an OFer, and that experiment was massively stupid.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
That was the Kimbrel trade though.

AFAIK, we now have no assets from the Wood trade with us or turned into anything. Well, I guess in one roundabout way it got us McCarthy, who has been decent.
Ah yeah you are right. The pick from this trade was used for Joey Wentz. Less hopeful on him.

Cochese

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Ah yeah you are right. The pick from this trade was used for Joey Wentz. Less hopeful on him.

Him, too. He's way off though.

Soroka is going to be here soon. How are they gonna get both him and Gohara in the rotation?

Good problem to have. Figure one of the vets will be trade bait at the deadline or released depending on how it goes. Better question might be what they do about Teheran. Dude is due 11 large next year and he's frustratingly inconsistent.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Him, too. He's way off though.

Good problem to have. Figure one of the vets will be trade bait at the deadline or released depending on how it goes. Better question might be what they do about Teheran. Dude is due 11 large next year and he's frustratingly inconsistent.

11 large is still not bad for someone like Teheran. He's only really frustrating if you are still looking at him as a #1. If you consider him to be a #3 starter it's a lot less maddening, because that's about what he is.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Mike Soroka Promotion Alert!

Braves now have the 3 youngest players in MLB on their team.

Cochese

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
11 large is still not bad for someone like Teheran. He's only really frustrating if you are still looking at him as a #1. If you consider him to be a #3 starter it's a lot less maddening, because that's about what he is.

It feels like we have a full rotation of #3 guys at times. Nuke looking good, Folty has emotional issues.

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I thought that was a little weird too. It's not like he touches 99 once in a while, guy hovers in the high 90's all game. He's consistently increased velo every year.

He stopped throwing 2 seamers and sinkers and started to extend more on his 4 seamer. He already threw sinkers and 2 seamers at 93-94, so it isn't unfathomable to get another 4-5 mph on a straight 4 seamer with those changes.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like we have a full rotation of #3 guys at times. Nuke looking good, Folty has emotional issues.

Having a bunch of #3 starters isn't a bad thing. There's probably 10 or so MLB teams that dont even have 1 or 2 #3 types in their rotations. Or you could be the Rangers, who have a rotation full of #5 starters or worse.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
He stopped throwing 2 seamers and sinkers and started to extend more on his 4 seamer. He already threw sinkers and 2 seamers at 93-94, so it isn't unfathomable to get another 4-5 mph on a straight 4 seamer with those changes.
He's certainly an anomaly though. Sonny Gray's sinker hovers around 93, as does his 4 seamer and I think Sonny has better stuff than Morton (but Morton has been the better pitcher lately). But anyway, good for him. It rejuvenated his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.