• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Frozenprince ESPN has the Mets at 4th in their power rankings but here's what they had to say:

"The Mets continued their hot start, becoming the 22nd team in the World Series era (since 1903) to start 11-1 or better. Will that start yield postseason success? Of the 21 teams to start 11-1 or better through 12 games before this season, only eight made the postseason, and only three of those won the World Series: the 1955 Dodgers, 1966 Orioles and 1984 Tigers. Of the teams to start that hot in the past 30 seasons, none has even won a playoff series."

LOL no comment on the multitude of reasons why they're doing well or how they're really not firing on all cylinders yet...only "hey, it's actually a bad thing to start the season well"

I don't even understand the point of Power Rankings if you're going to ignore what's happening now and choose to prop up your off-season anointed ones regardless. Within their first power ranking, they said that the Pirates hadn't beaten anyone of worth. Fair enough. We proceed to take two out of three from the Cubs, so they drop us in the power rankings?

Goose Se7en

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't understand why Cespedes isn't in today's starting lineup when he has a lifetime 316. BA and 3 homeruns off of Hellickson. If he was ever going to get it going it would be against this guy.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even understand the point of Power Rankings if you're going to ignore what's happening now and choose to prop up your off-season anointed ones regardless. Within their first power ranking, they said that the Pirates hadn't beaten anyone of worth. Fair enough. We proceed to take two out of three from the Cubs, so they drop us in the power rankings?

Completely agree. I mean, if they're going to do it like this, do it monthly or wait until a month into the season to start

Goose Se7en

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Broken bat home run Bryce Harper. Fuck that guy is impressive, Bonds-esque.

Quick, check for cork on the bat ump. He may also be Sosa-esque. Hehe

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Apparently it has happened plenty of times, but I've never seen a bat break apart like that and still go out.

As a Mets fan I don't like him, but I respect him.

Goose Se7en

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing to say, you just tip your cap to the baseball player. This series is important even in April. No Rendon, no Murphy, Straw or Scherzer. The Mets need to bury the Nats now.

BigAT

Oct 30, 2017
giphy.gif

Goose Se7en

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really wanted no part of Frazier this offseason but he's been great for us so far

Yup he's proven me wrong completely. He takes pitches, hasn't been striking out as much like in years past, works the count and walks, great presence in the clubhouse.

Could you believe I wanted Alderson to sign Moustakas? Fell in love with those 38 dingers last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.