• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J.T

Nov 22, 2017
Belly is unreal, lol Mets 3 outs at the plate so far
actually 2 at the plate by 1 on a tag at 3rd, runner didn't score in time. lol. Still 3 runs

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017

CyOLnsL.gif

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Yasiel Puig currently sporting a .658 OPS and 68 OPS+ in a contract year. That trade not looking too great for Cincy, and the Dodgers seemingly made out like bandits bailing on him.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Yasiel Puig currently sporting a .658 OPS and 68 OPS+ in a contract year. That trade not looking too great for Cincy, and the Dodgers seemingly made out like bandits bailing on him.

The trade was a success when they got rid of Homer Bailey.

Also my word Dietrich. With how up in arms the everyone in Pittsburgh was yesterday this is some sweet poetic justice.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Archie Bradley blows 2 games in a row. Wow, that takes talent.
I'm curious.
how does someone who entered a game after the starter was credited with giving up more runs than your team ever scores blow a game?

the d-backs only scored 2 runs and your starter gave up 4. it doesn't matter if bradley gave up 0, 2 or 200 runs he had nothing to do with losing the game o.O

or are you trying to use blows in a usage of performed poorly 2 games in a row? but that doesn't make sense in the context of the rest of your statement, and in general most baseball fans know blows mean that they gave up the runs that cost the team the loss.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I'm curious.
how does someone who entered a game after the starter was credited with giving up more runs than your team ever scores blow a game?

the d-backs only scored 2 runs and your starter gave up 4. it doesn't matter if bradley gave up 0, 2 or 200 runs he had nothing to do with losing the game o.O

or are you trying to use blows in a usage of performed poorly 2 games in a row? but that doesn't make sense in the context of the rest of your statement, and in general most baseball fans know blows mean that they gave up the runs that cost the team the loss.

Bradley gave up another double basically, same as the first game. Granted, it was 2-4 before but Bradley (and Kelly) giving up runs like nothing is infuriating.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

It's always been interesting to compare the Rays' live attendance woes versus their TV ratings, which have historically been good and served as the basis of many people's arguments as to why they need to build a new stadium in Tampa proper rather than St. Pete. But I can't help but feel that even if they ever moved from St. Pete to Tampa, I'm not entirely sure that it would make a significant difference in the long-term.

Last edited:

tormented

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The Rays' reputation and history hasn't been good enough to make an impact in Transplant City. I mean, think about it, the Rays were widely mocked and lambasted (even by their own fickle fanbase) for the Longoria trade, even though next season showed it was clearly the right move. Most fans of teams who aren't in the AL East probably only know the Rays as the cheap team with a low fanbase that loses all the time. I mean, come on, the place fills up whenever the Yankees/Red Sox come to town. No reason that can't be Rays fans all the time if the past 20 years haven't been underwhelming as hell, despite Tropicana Field's suckage.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
KEVIN GAUSMAN YOU SUCK

Seriously how many more games does he have to give away before they do something about this. This is like 5 out of 10 starts he's given up more than 4 runs.

and now he's given up 7 runs. why do you think baltimore was so eager to trade this guy for a sack of balls? He's terrible.

Last edited:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Tim anderson is hit in the head on the second pitch of his first at bat and KC is surprised the UMP instantly ejected the pitcher given it was anderson's first at bat this series and the last time anderson was in the line up they threw at him leading to a fight.

I don't think it was intentional, but still... mistake or not I can't fault the ump for booting the pitcher right away for that one.

14 runs. And counting. Glorious.

I'm far more worried about the red sox compared to the indians for a chance at the second wild card so uh... go indians for now :P

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
It's not just Tampa. You look around baseball and all the ballparks have lots of empty seats it's deppressing.
for the white sox
parking $20
tickets on the 1st floor not out in the outfield
$55 per ticket against the indians tomorrow

not going alone means it's $130 at a min to go to a game. If I didn't have access to a tmobile account for streaming I would rather just spend that money on an entire seasons worth of games.

going to the game is fun and all, but it's quite expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.