• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I'm of two minds: I ain't from the city so why do I need to / do I deserve to "connect"? But I also really want some unique looks and like purple.

Speaking of, nice having Resetera repping the Mets =P (sorry Rockies fans)

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
MARTE MAN.

Why are the hats so good but the jerseys are overboard?
Who knows. Ya sell a lot more hats than jerseys so maybe Nike puts more effort in.
Compared to most Connect jerseys, it looks pretty understated to me.

Unless we're looking at different leaks.
There has only been one jersey leak as far as I know, but I only trust Uni-Watch when it comes to that sort of stuff.
I likely mean the ones that go overboard on looks, the CCs have been split from aced to whatthefuck
It has been a cluster if you ask me. Almost uniformly (hur) goofy.

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
Astros swept and fall to 6-14. Wow.

So remember that when you're complaining about the M's. It can always get worse (Ironically, the Astros have a one of the best offenses int he AL, but historically bad hitting with RISP or situational hitting this year). And they never, ever, ever win in extras (I think the last time they won was that epic game in the 2022 playoffs against your M's).

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
So remember that when you're complaining about the M's. It can always get worse (Ironically, the Astros have a one of the best offenses int he AL, but historically bad hitting with RISP or situational hitting this year). And they never, ever, ever win in extras (I think the last time they won was that epic game in the 2022 playoffs against your M's).

That's really not worse with team histories taken into consideration. I figured the Astros would regress with the team getting older and the pitching staff beat up, but not like this.

They've already used 21 pitchers this season. They used 22 all of 2023. Injuries are decimating them.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Yea.....but did you hear those Judge numbers?
Lol yeah.

But also Stanton.

I should just watch these games when they're done. When I watch from the start, they lose.

When I catch the game later on, usually the Jays are winning but I rarely see them score. Instead it's the opposing team scoring instead, just not enough to win.

Right now it looks like lol.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017

Do think that their offense is slightly inflated by some of the obscene blowouts they've been playing in, but I guess Altuve is still Mr. Reliable. They've certainly thrown away at least 3-4 very winnable games including today.

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
That's really not worse with team histories taken into consideration. I figured the Astros would regress with the team getting older and the pitching staff beat up, but not like this.

Some of it is regression, but Altuve is having one of his best starts to a season and he's one of the oldest on the team. Right now they seem snakebit and don't know how to get out of their funk. It's hard to watch they consistently give up leads late in games when that was supposed to be a strength. Pressly has an ERA over 9 and Hader has an ERA over 8. Hader is in his prime, so what's going on with that? It's very strange. Owner started meddling and gave too much power to Bagwell (signing Montero and Abreu--at least in Abreu's case no one thought he'd become one of hte worst players in baseball and at the time we were excited for the signing). Crane is the one who signed Hader for a ridiculous contract and then their GM let some of the best leverage relievers walk out the door.

They've already used 21 pitchers this season. They used 22 all of 2023. Injuries are decimating them.

That's part of it, especially the starting rotation (who else has 5 starters on the IL), but I think most of it poor performance and the manager looks in over his head (really bad in game management and bullpen usage decisions).

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Torey Lovullo at times
89opq1ycr4b31.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
swanson/mayza were absolute shit. terrible game to blow even if they took the series.

All the other relievers must not have been available, and I get that you need to use Swanson if he's on the team, but I did watch some of his Buffalo rehab appearances and he looked really shaky, so maybe they should have kept him down a few more days since Pearson was looking solid

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
All the other relievers must not have been available, and I get that you need to use Swanson if he's on the team, but I did watch some of his Buffalo rehab appearances and he looked really shaky, so maybe they should have kept him down a few more days since Pearson was looking solid

View: https://twitter.com/KeeganMatheson/status/1780725180559478803

yep, they were it and no one else was available. probably shouldn't have sent pearson down

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
With those two hard losses, I will take a 5-4 west coast trip for the Cubs. They normally don't do well on the west coast trips, so coming out above .500 is always a good thing.

Tailon, and I believe Wisdom, are being activated today. I hope they don't send Wesneski back down. It would be like a slap in the face after his performance yesterday. Their BP has been lousy and if he continues like yesterday he would be like a shot in the arm.

Last edited:

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
With those two hard losses, I will take a 5-4 west coast trip for the Cubs. They always play poorly on the west coast, so coming out above .500 is always a good thing.

Tailon, and I believe Wisdom, are being activated today. I hope they don't send Wesneski back down. It would be like a slap in the face after his performance last night. Their BP has been lousy and if he continues like he pitched yesterday, he would be like a shot in the arm.

It was a great road trip all things considered. I like their moxie after a hard loss.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Meanwhile, at Newsday...
www.newsday.com

Meet the Mets fan bringing wild fashion and good luck to Citi Field

"People love something unique and fun and Max is both of them," said Commack-based t-shirt maker Dan Abrams

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Andy Marino got his choosin' shoes on tonight, baby.
I am particularly enjoying the people who are pretending to agree with him and telling him to resign from SNY since they're the ones focusing on Mr. Wiener (yes, that is his actual name) during the broadcasts. Mets fans have had it out for Andy for a loooong time. Not really sure why, he's never bothered me.