• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I can't read the article. Any fun bits?

And just catching what that dweeb said. FFS, hope he never covers Jets history.
It's a pretty short article so there isn't much. It mostly recaps the story so far.

This was probably the best bit:
Laura Albanese said:
Wiener is a lifelong Mets fan whose parents have a 20-pack of season tickets. He has six ostentatiously colored fur coats, buys his clothes at thrift stores, and has been dressing like this since about sophomore year of college, he said. His goal is to radiate positivity, and hopefully experience a championship in his lifetime. His style icons are David Bowie, Rick James and Elton John. The last time he was shown on the scoreboard, Alonso hit another home run.

His favorite coat is the mint green one, but he has a burgundy, purple and yellow one that he wants to wear when it gets colder again.

So basically a dude ("comedian") who has been dressing like this for ages, likes the Mets, and was on "citivision" before Alonso hit a homer... twice. Went a bit viral on Twitter, got a t-shirt from AthleteLogos out of it, and the rest is history.

Oct 27, 2017
It's a pretty short article so there isn't much. It mostly recaps the story so far.

This was probably the best bit:

So basically a dude ("comedian") who has been dressing like this for ages, likes the Mets, and was on "citivision" before Alonso hit a homer... twice. Went a bit viral on Twitter, got a t-shirt from AthleteLogos out of it, and the rest is history.
Very cool, thanks lol.

No game tonight... =/

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey

The funny thing about this tweet is that Max Wiener, the "Rally Pimp" himself, doesn't really view his character as a pimp and the large jackets he wears are women's clothes. Not to mention Martino himself was defensive of Wilpon when he ran into misconduct allegations against a female employee. Anyway, dumb post from Martino which isn't an uncommon occurrence.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Very cool, thanks lol.

No game tonight... =/
NP!

Yeah, stinks, but it is their first day off in two weeks. I hope it doesn't cool them off, interested to see how Yamamoto looks.
The funny thing about this tweet is that Max Wiener, the "Rally Pimp" himself, doesn't really view his character as a pimp and the large jackets he wears are women's clothes. Not to mention Martino himself was defensive of Wilpon when he ran into misconduct allegations against a female employee. Anyway, dumb post from Martino which isn't an uncommon occurrence.
He is getting torn to shreds in the replies and in subsequent tweets.

TangoTango

Oct 30, 2017
Went to my first Mariners game of the season yesterday and had the MitchWich sandwich… it was so disappointing. At least they won, but I got my hopes up too much.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I didn't really get a pimp vibe. Just a good vibes version of Jim Morrison as I described him pages back.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Went to my first Mariners game of the season yesterday and had the MitchWich sandwich… it was so disappointing. At least they won, but I got my hopes up too much.
Oh wow that totally reminded me...

Twitter darling, the "rainbow cookie egg roll," completely exceeded the hype. Loved it!
3JyKgLZ.png

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
the CC were a cool idea, but I have no idea why they almost never even attempt to retain some part of the team's original design/color identity. Most of them end up looking like generic nondescript jerseys you'd find at the flea market. Nothing about that jersey says "Mets" in anyway.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's really really bad
Yeah. But they almost all are.
I'm OK with the Yankees never getting one of these.
They do opt out of anything "fun" but in this case they probably made the right choice. Oakland too, but that's just because Fisher don't care and probably didn't want to outlay the money (despite the potential returns). Maybe they'll do it when they're situated in Vegas. Doubtful anyone will remember or care about City Connect in 2028.
the CC were a cool idea, but I have no idea why they almost never even attempt to retain some part of the team's original design/color identity. Most of them end up looking like generic nondescript jerseys you'd find at the flea market. Nothing about that jersey says "Mets" in anyway.
Two-year "design by committee" process = a bland, generic charcoal smudge. At least we're getting Mercury Mets jerseys this year too!

Oct 27, 2017
I wish it played with that purple line stuff more. It's an interesting concept that is muddied by so much black and grey. I like the color combo on the logos and hoodies and such but I'm left wondering what could have been with black pinstripes with a purple line going through the stripes on the actual uniforms.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Freeland on the 15 day DL from that stupid play at the plate where he was pinch runner. What a genius move Bud Black you fuckin moron

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
It's looks like they made their own Yankees jerseys with sharpie'd pinstripes. I half expect those lines to be crooked as well. Making a teams jerseys look like a diy version of their cross town rivals is a CRAZY choice by Nike

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Complete Failure screams Mets to me.

Sep 18, 2023
Great first start back for Taillon today. Stuff looked great and he was super efficient. He's still building up so I'm sure he'll get more length as the season goes on. Glad all it took was Keegan Thompson and Colten Brewer to finish it off.

Unfortunate that Happ had to leave the game—really can't have the other starting corner outfielder go down right now. I hope he's just sore and can maybe sit for all of the doubleheader tomorrow, then be able to play Sunday.

Agreeing with a handful of you: I wish there was more purple in the Mets CCs. Not much more but something—maybe purple accents in the diamond pinstripes. They even show the pinstripes as having purple in an animation on the official site, they should have had some of those diamonds be purple.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
www.ajc.com

It gives them wings: How Red Bull fuels Braves relievers

“You can’t have greenies anymore like they could back in the day.”

Each night in the bullpen, the Braves relievers who are available that night will stay physically and mentally ready for anything. As the game progresses, they go through their routines to stay ready for any situation.

There is one important part of this process that most of them cannot go without. You likely do not see it with your own eyes, but it is fuel for the moment.

Here's a hint: It gives them wings.

"You can't have greenies anymore like they could back in the day," Tyler Matzek said. "So we're stuck with caffeine, and Red Bull is a good way to get it, so we just drink some Red Bulls."

Red Bull, an energy drink, is, well, not the healthiest option. It is loaded with caffeine and sugar. On its website, though, Red Bull claims one can of its drink has as much caffeine as one cup of coffee.

The relievers want extra juice and energy in an efficient way. So on nights they pitch, most of the Braves' relievers will snag a Red Bull from a fridge, whether it be in the clubhouse or out in the bullpen.

"You can only drink so much coffee without feeling full or stuff like that," Jesse Chavez said. "But it depends. If we're up, we have a Red Bull. If we're down, we don't have anything. You know what I mean? So we just try to pick and choose because you can only have so many Red Bulls before you get an ulcer."

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Me and EnronERA are super excited to watch our Braves beat up the Texas Rangers this weekend

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
There goes Turnbull's no-hitter.

Who's the best FA pitching acquisition and why is it Spencer Turnbull?

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
the Padres City Connect uniforms are cool, but the pine tar on teal or whatever color that is on the helmets looks so bad