abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Are Guardians broadcasts usually so full of dead air? They're routinely going 15-20 seconds without talking, sometimes not commenting at all on pitches being taken or swung and missed at.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Umps in NY can't even count to 4 correctly.

The scoreboard errors this season have been wild.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
We did NOT deserve to win that game with that minor league lineup and Whit Merrifield leading off, but -- wow. Sanchez fucking battled, Stott was a hero, we snuck Jose Ruiz in for an inning, notable 2B Kody Clemens continues to impress, Onion Ring's stuff is filthy, and Bro-vacado is lights out.

Hope Bohm's hand is OK. Not worth trading any player's health for a random game in May, even against a division rival.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Dodgers City Connects spotted in Japan
los-angeles-dodgers-city-connect-jersey-leak-.jpg

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I'm telling you, Aaron Nola is as cracked as he is jacked. I saw him at a Wawa the other day buying Monster and adult diapers. I asked him what the diapers were for and he said "they contain my full power so I don't completely shit on these kids" then he buckled a customers legs with a curveball and sprinted out the door.

also -- dammit Cubs, you're useless.

Fnor

Nov 7, 2023
Are Guardians broadcasts usually so full of dead air? They're routinely going 15-20 seconds without talking, sometimes not commenting at all on pitches being taken or swung and missed at.
On MLBTV? I think those are bits where the studio crew is talking on the local broadcast. Sometimes they'll laugh or comment on something out of nowhere and is is very confusing.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Yeah I can't really blame the front staff here. I think our core is just cooked
I can't even do a little light ribbing here. It would be gauche.

As much as I want to "lolmets" each season, it's only fun when there's a rivalry. I hope you pull it together (and then we beat you).

My best friend lives in Queens, and Queens deserves better.

Except Jeff McNeil. He can still cry in Utley's Corner.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I can't even do a little light ribbing here. It would be gauche.

As much as I want to "lolmets" each season, it's only fun when there's a rivalry. I hope you pull it together (and then we beat you).

My best friend lives in Queens, and Queens deserves better.

Except Jeff McNeil. He can still cry in Utley's Corner.
I am happy the Phils are performing as they are though. I have family friends I really like who are big Philly fans and I do want to see them go all the way (and humiliate the Braves yet again in the playoffs as they have before twice in a row). I just want the Mets to be exciting again. The rebuild is going to take time and they are making the right moves, but it's not enough to fix their weaknesses.