The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Chiesa is apparently done at lightweight after this fight
mjlol.png

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Volkov just weighed-in as a back-up for the main event. I know it's probably just a precaution, but I've learned to expect the worst in this sport.

Also Chiesa missed weight, and is apparently done at lightweight after this fight. Not sure he'll do any better at a higher weight, but whatever

Lol chisea is fucked at WW

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chiesa has never missed weight before.

I don't think he'll actually go up to 170.

He'll probably reconsider and stay at 155.

Ideally we wouldn't have this nonsense if there was a 165 division for fighters too big for 155 and too small to be at their most competitive at 170.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Chiesa has never missed weight before.

I don't think he'll actually go up to 170.

He'll probably reconsider and stay at 155.

Ideally we wouldn't have this nonsense if there was a 165 division for fighters too big for 155 and too small to be at their most competitive at 170.

He's also 30 years old now, so it could be a thing that is going to become more and more difficult (and dangerous) going forward.

Chumley

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Everyone naturally gets heavier as they hit late 20's early 30's. Holloway will have to move up too.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
How did the UFC become a venue for that goofy face-off between Liddel and Ortiz? I thought Dana said he wanted nothing to do with it.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's also 30 years old now, so it could be a thing that is going to become more and more difficult (and dangerous) going forward.

Age is definitely a significant factor, but it is very uncommon for weight cutting limitations to present this suddenly and fighters to just as suddenly make huge career altering decisions.

Granted, Chiesa is a big dude for 155, but I think conventional wisdom would suggest he can still make adjustments and make the weight.

It's certainly not healthy though, so perhaps 170 is the right call, but I don't think he'll make the move after failing to make weight only once, not after he has a think about how successful he can be as a relatively scrawny grappler in a division filled with much stronger guys, many of whom in the Top 15 with wrestling pedigrees that nullify his grappling and thereby put a hard cap on his career options at that weight.

Who knows, I just think it's not likely he'll make the move just yet, if ever at all.

Hopefully the only move he'll make will be to the much needed 165 division, whenever that might come in play.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017

Wonder what Anik has to say considering he was shitting on Bisping [and the rest of the panel] when they were arguing with Colby...

Chumley

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah Bisping knew Max was fucked during that interview. Veteran.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Someone should tell this idiot from Boston maybe don't spend the last round of a close fight running around like a clown when you are trying to earn a UFC contract.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
He looks like an Ortega, Thug Rose, and Nate Diaz fusion.

That lack of killer instinct when his career is on the line is dumb af though.

Hyped for Adesanya. He put up a snoozer last fight but he has a ton of skill and want to see him at his full potential. Seen some of his kickboxing fights and he's a beast.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Dominant performance from Adesanya. Probably should have been stopped after that ugly cut. Tavares had nothing. Want to see this guy against a top Fiver in the division now.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I have zero idea how this fight is going to go. I could see DC grinding out a decision, and I could see Stipe by first round KO.

Chumley

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have zero idea how this fight is going to go. I could see DC grinding out a decision, and I could see Stipe by first round KO.

Same. I'm worried about Stipe starching him immediately.

Also, Whittaker v Gastelum is official for I'm guessing around the end of the year since they're coaching the last TUF season.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
DC is the ambassador the sport needs and could do great things. Also Jones DC III @ heavyweight sounds juicy. 205 gonna be on life support though.

Chumley

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Even if DC loses I don't think he's going back to 205.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
"Do yourself a favor and go watch these guys fight in earlier shows because I swear they actually did something." is one of the funnier things I've heard on UFC commentary

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Saddest thing about this is Stipe isn't getting near that belt again for a while.

Brock v DC and then DC/Brock v Jones, and then who knows? Blaydes or Volkov gets a shot or something...

Fucking elated for Cormier but absolutely gutted for Stipe...

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Saddest thing about this is Stipe isn't getting near that belt again for a while.

Brock v DC and then DC/Brock v Jones, and then who knows? Blaydes or Volkov gets a shot or something...

Fucking elated for Cormier but absolutely gutted for Stipe...

He's 35 too. That could be the last time he's in the title picture.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
My girl has been an avid Bones fan since he destroyed Bader. She's full of immense salt tonight. Cormier is an amazing fighter and to this at 39 at 40 pounds above your weight is insane. Brock is gonna get bodied.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dan Hooker looked like a stud. Can't wait to see his next fight.

Millender has a lot of work to do yet, but he has the frame and skill to be a contender one day.

Glad to see Chiesa get subbed. Dude was acting pretty cocky for someone who couldn't even make weight.

Lewis/Ngannou the most boring fight ever? It's been a long time since I saw it, but Arlovski/Sylvia 3 was always at the top of that list for me, and that was five goddamn rounds.

Lastly, super happy for DC. Dude's a classy motherfucker, and hopefully this has helped get the whole Jones thing off his back.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
I hope so but if the end of Jones' suspension comes up at the right time
lol

Jones, Kawa said, has remained hopeful about the future of his career and Georges St-Pierre's comeback after four years away to beat Michael Bisping for the middleweight title last year was an inspiration for him.

"When he saw GSP do what he did, it actually lit a fire under him," Kawa said. "He said, 'Man, you know what, if he can do that after four years, why can't I? Why can't I go out there and do that?' Or whatever it might be. So, Jon, never once did he say, 'I'm gonna quit, I don't want to do this anymore.'"

Dude's currently expecting, and deserves, the full 4 year penalty