Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bisping would slaughter Machida, give it to him for his retirement fight since apparently he refuses to fight Vitor.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Woodley is stealth one of the best guys on the Fox desk.

Like he's really good and doesn't get much credit for it

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Technically all around I think Valentina is easily one of the best fighters in all of WMMA. Great everywhere

chokeartist

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Just saw the fights and I'm furious at Yamasaki. Valentina has a mounted crucifix and is rearranging that poor girls face and Yamasaki doesn't stop the fight. Valentina takes her back and chokes her and Yamasaki misses several taps. WTF!

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
Schaub saying some dumb shit.

"Is that the best panel possible, or are you just trying to check off the boxes? We get it, UFC Tonight Fox, you're not racist, we get get it, you have an all black panel, we get it, whoa, we get it, man. I'm going to ask you again, are those the best brains and speakers for the art"

Yves with the callout. Brendan with the backpedal.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
More like... Braindead Slob.

New Aliens is comin' out, guys.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
the idea of Brendan Schaub-Media Personality has never made sense to me as dude doesn't seem particularly funny or entertaining. He's just a meathead.

chokeartist

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
TJ accepted the Cody fight then declined and came up with excuses.

Nate supposedly is gonna save the card if they find him the right opponent.

Oct 27, 2017
the idea of Brendan Schaub-Media Personality has never made sense to me as dude doesn't seem particularly funny or entertaining. He's just a meathead.

i still laugh at the top question from his ama maybe once or twice a month

MZtIxHL.png

Chumley

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Schaub saying some dumb shit.

"Is that the best panel possible, or are you just trying to check off the boxes? We get it, UFC Tonight Fox, you're not racist, we get get it, you have an all black panel, we get it, whoa, we get it, man. I'm going to ask you again, are those the best brains and speakers for the art"

Yves with the callout. Brendan with the backpedal.

Fucking absolute dumbfuck. Rogan's cronies are all so fucking stupid it's unreal.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
I love how the Fighter and the Kid subreddit is just people non-stop shitting on Brendan Brandon.

Mahkor

Alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Cody should shut the fuck up, he got ko, TJ is looking for the next challenge not to get dragged into the alpha male bullshit again.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Cody should just save 222 and fight Edgar if hes good to go. The size gap won't be that bad and would be a formidable main event.

On another note, UFC really going all in with their champion vs champion matches, while fun, just shows how little star power and contenders are in those divisions.

TJ vs DJ
Cyborg vs Nunes
Cormier vs Stipe

Woodley wanting to fight Diaz

145, 155 and 185 are the only divisions with clear cut contenders right now out of 12 weight classes.

Soilbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
USA
QUINTET - Sakuraba's New Grappling Promotion

Quintet_poster.jpg

Promotion:

QUINTET 1 – Grappling Team Survival Match – April 11, 2018

Venue: Ryogoku Kokugikan Sumo Hall

17:30 (open); 18:30 (start)

Produced by rabarland Inc. in association with HALEO

Format: 5-member grappling team, "winner stays on" survival matches

Rules:

• Each team has 5 members
  • Total team weight must not exceed 430kg
  • The matches are Openweight
  • The winner is decided only by submission. No judge decisions
  • Each match is 10 minutes long
  • A competitor weight difference of 20kg or over means 5-minute matches
  • Fighters must wear rashguards
  • If a winner is not decided after all 5 members have fought, an extension match between each team's first choice will follow. This will continue until there is a winner.
  • No heel hooks or closed guard
  • Will air through AbemaTV

Quintet_Teams-1024x536.jpg

Chumley

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If Cody wants to fight so badly just go up 10 lbs and fight Edgar. TJ is not going to fuck up his DJ fight for him.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with Garbrandt getting a rematch. He would've retained that belt if the first round bell came 5 seconds later.
However, I ain't mad about the DJ/TJ match. I want to see it and this is the UFC now, all about these superfights.
Dillashaw had to go through a lot to get another title shot after losing a close fight to Cruz. It's only fair that Cody has to wait.
Cody has tried to cultivate this personality as a savvy businessman since he won the title but since the loss he's just looked like a desperate crybaby.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine with Garbrandt getting a rematch. He would've retained that belt if the first round bell came 5 seconds later.
However, I ain't mad about the DJ/TJ match. I want to see it and this is the UFC now, all about these superfights.
Dillashaw had to go through a lot to get another title shot after losing a close fight to Cruz. It's only fair that Cody has to wait.
Cody has tried to cultivate this personality as a savvy businessman since he won the title but since the loss he's just looked like a desperate crybaby.
Dude's also dominant as fuck. I don't think he'd be risking much by picking up a paycheck against a lesser fighter or two before TJ becomes available.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who should Cody beat to 'deserve' the rematch?

Rivera or Moraes.

Or if the UFC allow it, Frankie Edgar.

Former BW champ beating a FW contender that used be LW champ in the interim, especially if it's an exciting fight, goes a hell of a long way, especially considering how the UFC would love to have Cody back as champ. He's young, good looking, and knocks people out in exciting fashion with slick hands. He's basically a smaller, controllable version of Conor.

Last edited:

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's ridiculous. Other side of the coin I saw Khabibs manager tweet that the Pro Fight League starts in June and the fighters will be paid 'millions'....

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Wow would that even cover a round trip flight and hotel for a night?

Imagine he missed weight and his opponent took 20% of that purse LOL

Oct 27, 2017
why are people salty about cody wanting a rematch? he dominated cruz. he's a ko artist (9 out of his 11 wins). the rivalry between him and tj was great. i thought the fight was really close. he caught tj in the first (if memory serves me right). i mean, if theyre not doing tj vs dj, its the next best fight imo.

Chumley

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
why are people salty about cody wanting a rematch? he dominated cruz. he's a ko artist (9 out of his 11 wins). the rivalry between him and tj was great. i thought the fight was really close. he caught tj in the first (if memory serves me right). i mean, if theyre not doing tj vs dj, its the next best fight imo.

People have repeated it over and over - because he got knocked out. On his first defense of the belt. If TJ had to crawl his way back up after a split decision, Cody should have to do at least the same after being finished.

Oct 27, 2017
People have repeated it over and over - because he got knocked out. On his first defense of the belt. If TJ had to crawl his way back up after a split decision, Cody should have to do at least the same after being finished.

thats not correct at all. they wanted to complete the cruz vs faber trilogy. it wasnt about "making tj crawl his way back up". it was entirely about selling PPVs on the back of a rivalry that has spanned the better part of a decade.

then when it came time for cruz's next fight, they had the choice of going back to tj, who had had 1 fight in between then, a decision to raphael assuncao. or... faber's protege, cody, who had 3 fights in between then, all of which were first round KOs.

your narrative about TJ having to crawl his way back is based on nothing. he had 2 fights before he got his title shot. and only because they wanted cruz to fight faber and then faber jr. it wasnt about punishing TJ. it was about making fights that people wanted to see.

Chumley

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
thats not correct at all. they wanted to complete the cruz vs faber trilogy. it wasnt about "making tj crawl his way back up". it was entirely about selling PPVs on the back of a rivalry that has spanned the better part of a decade.

then when it came time for cruz's next fight, they had the choice of going back to tj, who had had 1 fight in between then, a decision to raphael assuncao. or... faber's protege, cody, who had 3 fights in between then, all of which were first round KOs.

your narrative about TJ having to crawl his way back is based on nothing. he had 2 fights before he got his title shot. and only because they wanted cruz to fight faber and then faber jr. it wasnt about punishing TJ. it was about making fights that people wanted to see.

It's not a narrative. It's what actually happened. Dana White's intentions and motives are irrelevant.