Votes: 6 0.6%
  • The dancing drunk girl

Votes: 46 4.8%

• Total voters

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you look at the drunk guys body language it looked like he began to puff his chest out and kinda lunge at him to psyche out the fighter right before he got punched. Does it excuse assault? Of course not. The fighter is still at fault. He's dealing with drunk people he should know better. But considering he "lunged" at Schilling it's fair to assume some shit talking was happening when he bumped into the patron.

Life threatening is the funniest excuse ever coming from a trained fighter twice the size of a guy who was DRUNK.
Oh yeah, i don't buy the "My life was in danger" defense at all. And yeah, since Schilling is literally a killing machine, he shouldn't use his strengh to knock the fuck out an intoxicated person. He's at fault here, because he's a weapon. He should just have pushed the dude, even if he tried to lunge at him.

But in general, like in everyday's life, i have no real issue with seeing someone getting knocked the hell out because he talked shit to someone he didn't knew, alcohol or not.

Last edited:

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Somebodies getting sued into oblivion

Even in florida I don't think that "self defense" is gonna fly

I'm sorry anyone saying "dude flexed on him" is just dumb as fuck . Nothing to add just want to point out how extremely stupid you are

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Honestly even for regular joes I wish more people would realise that even one punch can end in death 😞 he owns the bar he could have easily backed off and then had him thrown out. People are too happy too throw blows for any little thing.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm on the fence on this one. If you are going to be in someone's face and move as if you are about to hit them then don't be surprised when you get hit. On the other hand, Schilling is a trained fighter and could have shown some restraint. And yet, as a trained fighter, its probably instinct to react when someone motions as if they are about to hit you.
He is a trained fighter, he owns the bar, he needs to have FAR more restraint that what he displayed here.

Honestly even for regular joes I wish more people would realise that even one punch can end in death 😞 he owns the bar he could have easily backed off and then had him thrown out.
Precisely. You run an establishment that is consistently getting people drunk, you need to have a great deal of restraint and understand how to handle poor behavior. Knocking anyone out that bumps into you and flexes on you isn't it.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
WTF, he was actually pretty gentle when he moved or pushed the guy aside to get through, from the looks of it anyways. And then he goes completely ham when the dude gets offended and maybe talks shit to him?

Ablacious

Dec 23, 2018
Uh. That's assault.
That reminds me of a dumb friend of friend who would get drunk and start fights in bars weekly. Because of my hometown's machismo layer, no one would ever press charges.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
This is only self-defense if you're a piece of shit cop.

Edit: Saw the context up above. Even with all that I don't think this much was justified in terms of "fearing for his life".

Last edited:

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
If the knocked out dude was saying racist shit...give schilling a significant fine and community service. He's still at fault but not gonna lose any sleep over racists getting knocked out if that's what happened.

However, claiming self defense on the basis of this video is lol. Would need way way more in the opposite direction lmao. Also weighs strongly against credibility but eh I'm not a judge.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You know if he just said "I thought he was about to throw a punch" I would have probably believed him. The dude does kinda lunge at him. But, calm down with the "feared for my life" bullshit. That tells me you just wanted to hit the drunk ass and took your opportunity.

Gouty

Oct 25, 2017
Should have gone with the "you can take fighter out of the ring but you can't take the ring out of the fighter" excuse. Dude posted up on me, ring instincts took over, my bad etc.

He'd of course still be wrong but at least he wouldn't be out there selling concentrated clown logic about fighting evil and fearing for his life.

Oct 25, 2017
Even if the guy was being an idiot. If you're a professional MMA fighter you can end someone's life punching them in the head.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
If the knocked out dude was saying racist shit...give schilling a significant fine and community service. He's still at fault but not gonna lose any sleep over racists getting knocked out if that's what happened.

However, claiming self defense on the basis of this video is lol. Would need way way more in the opposite direction lmao.
Yah, Joe Schilling is a model citizen who kicked a homeless guy, I'm sure he is trustworthy and his version of events is completely true. He was only coming to the defense of his employee, but for some reason didn't kick the guy out as soon as he was being racist in the first place.

Knocks the guy out, doesn't check on him to see if he didn't kill him, walks away with a strut.

PureYeti

Nov 15, 2018
Are there any non-POS MMA guys?

There are tons of fighters such as Francis Ngannou, Stipe Miocic, Brandon Moreno, George St Pierre, Stephen Thompson, Sage Northcutt, Demetrious Johnson, Uriah Hall etc. Not all fighters have the Alpha Male mentality. They respect the martial arts and competition

Last edited:

16bits

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
The trained fighter was looking for an excuse.

should be catching jail time, very dangerous individual.

also no remorse or care after the guy could have been seriously hurt or killed.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Felonious assault. Should get one year in prison, minimum.

All this one month in jail stuff? Come on. He could have killed the guy.

Sharingan9092

Nov 19, 2020
I don't get people who say "the drunk guy flexed at him so the fighter is justified" I don't see any punches being thrown there. Americans really don't value other people's lives that much, a small "flex" and they think they have the green light to end someone's life and claim self defense. How about trying to de-escalate a situation before considering using deadly force?

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
I think trained fighters are held to a little bit different standard in these types of cases. I remember a boxer getting the book thrown at him for something most people could plead down to a lesser charge. I don't think he'll have bar for much longer to say the least.

Thordinson

Banned
Aug 1, 2018
How is 99% of regular people gonna threaten an MMA fighter ?

They aren't but they try to.

If you train martial arts, a lot of people like to try and act tough with you. It comes with the territory. It's easy to brush off though. Schilling didn't need to do this.

I don't get people who say "the drunk guy flexed at him so the fighter is justified" I don't see any punches being thrown there. Americans really don't value other people's lives that much, a small "flex" and they think they have the green light to end someone's life and claim self defense. How about trying to de-escalate a situation before considering using deadly force?

Generally, flexing on someone putting them in apprehension is, likely, assault.

Schilling should not have reacted this way.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Three things

1) obviously being his establishment he cannot say he was thrown off guard by the dude

2) who was clearly drunk

3) this meathead antagonized him by bumping into him and got the response he wanted so he can throw hands

This guy should have been tossed out on his ass not given blows to the face. This should not be a person that owns a business where you'll be dealing with unruly customers if this is how he reacts.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
So I've bartended for Schilling and a bunch of Bellator fighters during post-event things a few times. I'll keep this to one night in particular.
Most of them were chill. Fighter who won, fighter who lost, and most everyone around them. Chill, respectful, just trying to unwind and have a good time. One fighter was kind of a douche but non-aggressively. Just seemed to dislike the attention and want to be left alone. Fine.
Schilling, on the other hand, was easily the most miserable person in the room. The vibes coming off of him were as negative as could be. Mean mugging, flexing, and definitely seemed to be hoping someone, anyone, would "challenge" him in any way. Our security have pretty much never mentioned needing to keep an eye on someone who wasn't super drunk, but they sure did that night. His crew calmed him down a few times and luckily nothing went down.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Thats not right. He didn't need to hit the guy like that. You own a bar man, drunk folk come with the territory.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Schilling walks away like he's a tough guy, but he may as well have just punched a child. What a total asshole.

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
His defense has me scratching my head.

Guy being racist... as the night went on...

Why wouldn't you boot the guy at the time if he was being racist? Using that as an excuse while also admitting you did nothing about it at the time isn't a great defense.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Oh give me a fucking break that dude was zero threat to Schilling. Dude just snapped and knocked him out he never felt one ounce of concern for the himself there.

Singher

Apr 10, 2018
Its top to bottom fashy douch bags. Martial arts generally seems to attract that type.

I really hate generalizations like this. You are gonna attract douchebags at any high level sport.

Go to a Brazilian jiu jitsu gym and you'll see that it attracts a huge variety of people. It's one of the most humbling experiences I have had the pleasure of experiencing because you literally start out getting beat up by 99 percent of the gym for a good 6-12 months straight before you can maybe do something half decent.

As someone that has done martial arts since I was 7 years old it's fundamentally changed me for the better and made me become far more emphatic.