• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
Bought Trüberbrook yesterday. It's pretty decent, but the endless unskippable dialogues ruin it for me.

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to start making the 2021 thread pretty soon and I need some suggestions for the 2020 notable games list.

I'm thinking of having half regular games and half Apple Arcade games like the 2019 list so suggestions can be from either category.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe both KOTOR 2 and XCOM 2 got dropped on iOS within like a month of each other.

I've been waiting for this KOTOR 2 port for literally a decade now.

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017

Interesting:
Back when Kingdom: New Lands released, I loved everything about it except the permadeath. I lamented that there was no way for me to just experiment and get comfortable with the game without having to start from scratch every time I died. Well, Raw Fury answered my prayers with Kingdom Two Crowns. If you want the challenge of completing the game without any deaths, you can do so and you'll be rewarded with an achievement. But if you just want to chill and play through the game without worrying about being perfect, you can continue playing even after your crown is stolen. The game will even get easier if you die, as the Greed monsters reset but you keep all the gold in your bank and any upgrades you earned.

That's one of the reasons why I stopped playing the first game. I couldn't even make it past the first level. I was constantly riding left and right, fixing everything broken by the enemies, and dying anyway, losing all progress.
Still, I think I'd rather wait for a sale than spend another 11€ on a game I might not like.

edit: Against my better judgement, I bought it.

So far, it's pretty much the same as the first game. I buy one thing, or two if I'm lucky, and then I wait. Minutes later, the merchant (?) brings me money. I buy one or two things, and then I wait again. Every once in a while, monsters attack. My archers are typically on the wrong side of the town, and there doesn't seem to be a way to send them to the left. I spend most of my time browsing Era or playing other games, while occasionally massaging my hand, which is cramping from having to hold my finger on the screen all the time.

Seriously, am I missing something?

edit 2: Oh look, the stupid-ass horse stamina is still a thing. Well, I finally finished the first level. I did not notice any differences to the first game. It was boring as fuck, and I don't even care to see the second level. Requesting a refund.

Last edited:

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see The Pathless on a bunch of Top 10 lists for the year. Framerate dips at times on my iPhone but runs great on my Apple TV. That was a great get for Apple Arcade (of course, got more notice as a PS5 launch title). Very original with an incredible traversal system.

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't played any strategy games in about 15 years, but out of the blue, I'm in the mood for them. Any recommendations for iOS?
Back then as a kid, I loved building big cities in Age of Empires or bases in Command & Conquer, upgrading/evolving pretty much everything, and then creating a huge army to annihilate the enemies. So that's what I'm looking for. Something in real-time, with many buildings and units, and plenty of upgrades for them. Preferably something casual which I could play while watching TV or something.

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played any strategy games in about 15 years, but out of the blue, I'm in the mood for them. Any recommendations for iOS?
Back then as a kid, I loved building big cities in Age of Empires or bases in Command & Conquer, upgrading/evolving pretty much everything, and then creating a huge army to annihilate the enemies. So that's what I'm looking for. Something in real-time, with many buildings and units, and plenty of upgrades for them. Preferably something casual which I could play while watching TV or something.
Civ 6 is the obvious one but here are some that are not as well known:

-Theotown
-Tropico
-Hexonia
-Yellow & Yangtze
-DicTater

December Recap
OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
December Recap

The Legend of Bum-Bo
Bumbo.webp

Android

Bloodstained: RotN
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Zombie Rollerz: Pinball Heroes (Apple Arcade)
100x100bb.jpg

iOS

SteamWorld Quest
100x100bb.jpg

iOS

Alba: A Wildlife Adventure (Apple Arcade)
100x100bb.jpg

iOS

Orwell's Animal Farm
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Jetscout: Mystery of Valunians
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Star Wars: KOTOR II