Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Is a great hack and slash with a more strategic flavor due to the overwhelming hordes coming, have to carefully engage them in order to survive. There are boss fights, upgrades, minions that help, two attacks (one charges forward and send enemies flying the other is a basic attack)... and the levels are basically kill everything in sight and on to the next level. The combat is somewhat satisfying. There a hub with shops that connects the levels and a little story going on. Very polished.

You can also look into Wonder Blade or Quadropus Rampage for quality hacking and slashing
Nice! I think I'm going to get that and I'll check out the others you mentioned. Thanks!

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Think I'm skipping Donut County if it has so many cutscenes and whatnot breaking the pace.

I'm still thinking of getting Civ VI for like a flight.

I just don't know. Ever since the big purge where old-bit games that didn't get updated got nuked from the App Store, has scared me from buying games ever since. And I used to be a huge mobile player.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
I just don't know. Ever since the big purge where old-bit games that didn't get updated got nuked from the App Store, has scared me from buying games ever since. And I used to be a huge mobile player.

That pissed me off too but i think i recovered very well from that. And 64bits is here to stay for a long time and there shouldnt be a new screen size coming to make current games incompatible for at least the very far future

Nice! I think I'm going to get that and I'll check out the others you mentioned. Thanks!

I hope you enjoy it. Also Wonder Blade is deeper, with more story, move moves, is like God of War in 2D. Really really good.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo's latest collaboration, Dragalia Lost, is available for pre-order on iOS:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dragalia-lost/id1352230941?mt=8

Oh and the comments on the Switch port of Into the Breach with Subset Games saying they have "no plans for a touch interface" make me doubt a bit more than I'd like that the game will eventually make it's way to iOS. Feels like they're gonna port the game to PS4/X1 first and iOS won't get it for a while if at all.

I can't fathom how one looks at the gameplay of Into the Breach and doesn't think about touch controls.

Last edited:

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
The whole game is only around 2 hours long... The cutscenes are like 20-30 seconds long and completely inoffensive.

It's a chill game about the atmosphere and experience of the whole package.

Yep, was a bit puzzled by the previous comments on the cutscenes as well since for me this is part of the experience and adds to the charm of the game. Finished it yesterday and it was a really nice little experiment and that final level was absolutely great!

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Oh and the comments on the Switch port of Into the Breach with Subset Games saying they have "no plans for a touch interface" make me doubt a bit more than I'd like that the game will eventually make it's way to iOS. Feels like they're gonna port the game to PS4/X1 first and iOS won't get it for a while if at all.

I can't fathom how one looks at the gameplay of Into the Breach and doesn't think about touch controls.

Sigh.
I played it a bit and it screams iPad (and maybe even iPhone).
This sucks but I hope they must say so for exclusivity pourposes. (I want to believe).

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still extremely surprised that The Elder Scrolls: Blade's AppStore page hasn't been updated and that it still shows that the game is coming out this saturday. I fully expect that this won't be the case as a soft-launch/beta version was teased and the game had a "fall" release during E3. Quite curious to see what happens if Bethesda forgot/didn't notice (which is highly unlikely).

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
curious to see if we get any game announcements at apple's Sept event. Last year was Sky (still not out) and year before that was Mario Run.

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
oohhh, would love to see some Mario Kart doesn't seem like it would release soon though if Dragalia Lost is only coming out next month.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hey Mobile Gaming Era, what are some good games to play for 5 minutes at a time?

No particular genre. Thanks!

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Warhammer Quest was just updated and FINALLY they added both the Bretonnia Knight and the Witch Hunter!!!!

SteveWD40

Oct 29, 2017
Warhammer Quest was just updated and FINALLY they added both the Bretonnia Knight and the Witch Hunter!!!!

How is the new one? I loved the first but the weird IAP strategy put me off a little. I liked you could keep playing it for more loot after you had "finished" it. Does the second one have the same endgame after the campaign?

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
How is the new one? I loved the first but the weird IAP strategy put me off a little. I liked you could keep playing it for more loot after you had "finished" it. Does the second one have the same endgame after the campaign?

You can play as you wish after completing the three campaigns (2 are DLCs), it's similar to the first one in that regard.

It's also on sale for 1dollar if I'm not mistaken.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Im not feeling Valleys Between at all...

Is basically Hungry Shark but with Dragons. Flying around, eating birds, fish, cows, humans and other stuff. It seems like an open world and you need bigger dragons to eat bigger preys and unlock new areas.... and that dragon unlocks are... by playing or with gems... already unlocked the second one and a bunch of skins. Seems fair so far. Im having fun with it.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
is there a way to have a wishlist on iOS? (I have an iPad Pro). Cant find nowhere to save games I want to buy so that I can wait till there is a discount on them.

edit. bought Valleys Between and am trying to get Donut County but it is declining my payment method.... that I just used to buy the other game. wtf. I am also interested in Evergarden but the price is a bit too much for me (I dont play often on mobile).

Last edited:

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
What are currently the idle clicker games to get? Egg Inc. losing steam for me.
Premium clickers like Universal Paperclips and Spaceplan are pretty good. Otherwise I've some good things about Almost a Hero.

Im not feeling Valleys Between at all...

Is basically Hungry Shark but with Dragons. Flying around, eating birds, fish, cows, humans and other stuff. It seems like an open world and you need bigger dragons to eat bigger preys and unlock new areas.... and that dragon unlocks are... by playing or with gems... already unlocked the second one and a bunch of skins. Seems fair so far. Im having fun with it.
Thanks, probably will check out then in that case.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Thanks, probably will check out then in that case.

Is enjoyable, dont know for how long thou...

Yea. I've put a little time into it, and it's just... weird? Like, the mechanics are unique, but they feel pretty disjointed.

Maybe that'll change as I play more of it. We'll see.

I dont know what to think either. All i do is creating land, then trees and lakes. But the distribution is wrong... i make 5 trees and a forest appears, that part of the land becomes useless, after a while doing basically the same what i mostly get is some islands apart from each other in the middle of a lake and nothing to do but to constantly repeat it. The fox direction is too ramdom. The swipe down thing is akward. Not having fun with it. Maybe with more space (tiles?) it could be more fun.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
So the image perfecly fits and doesnt touch the notch? I was thinking about that... KillerCow said that the notch was here to stay, if so he was right, and it seems bezels are gone forever and so is the home button...

Bezels and the home button are things of the past. The notch will stay for at least a couple of generations.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
I need a new game to replace an old one that isnt fun anymore, burned it.

Any suggestions? Pocket City? Super Cat
Tales? Any other game?

Bezels and the home button are things of the past. The notch will stay for at least a couple of generations.

Good thing i have an 8 and wont need upgrades for at least 2 more years. I will watch the evolution from its side for now, it s interesting to see the direction their taking without needing an upgrade

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Canada
The bezel-less iPad Pro with a bigger screen is quite exciting but if the rumors are true, and there's no headphone jack, then I'm out.

To be honest I haven't used a jack-in headset for years. Even if you're an audiophile, like me, there are some great Bluetooth sets on the market. I need over the ear ones too, which are harder to find—I have very small ear nubs and can't use standard Bluetooth ear pieces lol

Don't write it off just yet. Device will be amazing, I'm sure.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
To be honest I haven't used a jack-in headset for years. Even if you're an audiophile, like me, there are some great Bluetooth sets on the market. I need over the ear ones too, which are harder to find—I have very small ear nubs and can't use standard Bluetooth ear pieces lol

Don't write it off just yet. Device will be amazing, I'm sure.

I've tried many bluetooth headsets, simply not for me for various reasons. So if there's no jack, I sadly won't be buying it. The rest of the device will be very impressive, I'm certain of that. Apple's Silicon team is gonna do wonders on their second generation of internal GPU and the next CPU.