• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 4, 2018
FdrxlpgVUAAzI2_
FdsB9RdWYAADJVW

CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE II BETA LARGEST IN CALL OF DUTY HISTORY

The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II beta concluded yesterday, and it was one for the record books. Call of Duty players made the Modern Warfare II Open Beta the biggest Beta in Call of Duty history -- the most players, most hours played, and most matches played across PlayStation® 4 and 5, Xbox One and Series X|S, and PC platforms combined. Thank you, Call of Duty community!

Speaking of mobile…

The Call of Duty community has already made Warzone Mobile the fastest Activision, Blizzard and King mobile game to top 15 million pre-registrations on Google Play**. As Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile continues to surpass pre-registration milestones, players, who pre-register before launch can now look forward to unlocking not only the Emblem: Dark Familiar and Vinyl: Foe's Flame as well as the X12 Prince of Hell Blueprint and M4 - Archfiend Weapon Blueprints when the game launches next year. One more unrevealed reward awaits at 25 million pre-registrations (as shown above).
**Warzone Mobile fastest Call of Duty mobile game to 15 million pre-registrations on Google Play based on Google Play data and Activision internal estimates; excludes China.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
My biggest issue was no enemy name plates and general lack of visibility, otherwise the new changes grew on me. I think they're trying to give it better game modes than they did in MW19. Loved Knockout/Prisoner Rescue.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
CoD Mobile was surprisingly good (if not overwhelming with the amount of MTX and promotions they keep shoving in your face), so I'm interested to see how Warzone Mobile turns out. Is it a different developer or is it TiMi again?

OP
OP
FarSight XR-20
Jan 4, 2018
CoD Mobile was surprisingly good (if not overwhelming with the amount of MTX and promotions they keep shoving in your face), so I'm interested to see how Warzone Mobile turns out. Is it a different developer or is it TiMi again?

It's done in-house this time

Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile is developed by (in alphabetical order) Activision Shanghai, Beenox, Digital Legends and Solid State Studios.

Cali32

Oct 11, 2020
I don't usually do betas and when I do is rarely for COD games. That being said, I put 6h into the open beta this past weekend. 😂

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
dead game /s

Didn't know Warzone for mobile was an in-house thing. Curious to see how it turns out.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Honesty it was alright! Third-Person mode was the clear standout

Passing at launch I think, I got my fill last weekend. Gonna wait for WZ2 + the game pass drop for MW2 to get my CoD fix

Jun 6, 2018
My biggest issue was no enemy name plates and general lack of visibility, otherwise the new changes grew on me. I think they're trying to give it better game modes than they did in MW19. Loved Knockout/Prisoner Rescue.

Visibility started to feel better towards the end of the beta once my brain started to recognise players a lot more, it also helped to have an idea where people would be hiding

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I really enjoyed the third person game modes. Reminded me a lot of Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter.

Oct 25, 2017
No enemy nameplates + team dots and names through walls is an atrocious decision on their part.
More of an issue than anything else personally
Fdbto6nXEAI4GuD

Happened at the absolute minimum once a match