• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
MoneyDJ is a Chinese finance website. The factory they're talking about is Hongzhun Industry

www.moneydj.com

擁iPhone、遊戲機、散熱動能,鴻準下半年營運增-MoneyDJ理財網

金屬機殼大廠鴻準(2354)下半年迎接多重動能,隨著iPhone新機開始拉貨、遊戲機旺季,以及筆電出貨回溫,鴻準6月三大業務(機殼、遊戲機組裝、散熱模組)都較5月提升,下半年營運有望逐季增溫,今年營收、獲利都可望回到成長軌...

Hongzhun is the main supplier of iPhone casings. It is expected that the high-end iPhone models that will introduce titanium alloy frames this year will also be mainly supplied by Hongzhun, which is expected to drive the increase in ASP. Sales growth, Hongzhun has started shipping new iPhones since June.

In addition, although the overall momentum of game consoles this year is mediocre, in the second half of the year, with the advent of the traditional peak season, the purchase of game consoles is expected to increase compared with the first half of the year, and Nintendo plans to launch the Switch in Q1 next year. Based on this estimate, Hongzhun's game console assembly business can expand It is hoped that we will start to see the momentum of pulling goods in December this year.

Hongzhun is one of the few component factories in the industry that has large-scale production capacity of chassis and heat dissipation modules. The heat dissipation modules are used in a variety of applications, including handheld devices, notebooks, servers, Netcom, game consoles, etc. It also cooperates with servers and Netcom customers to deploy AI Related products, including international server brands, server OEMs, and Netcom majors are all its customers.

Update

New info

Team Q1 for Switch 2 for the Win

www.moneydj.com

原相新款遊戲機+AI感測器,下半年優上半年-MoneyDJ理財網

CMOS影像感測器廠原相(3227)受惠於市場看好,AI市場需求熱,加上第2季業績明顯回升,營運谷底回溫,第3季也進入旺季,除了安防、滑鼠訂單動能強,帶動營運向上,下半年將比上半年好。 不過,值得注意的是,供應鏈指出,日系...

MoneyDJ published a new article that adds more fuel to the fire, saying that a Japanese company is expected to launch a new console next year according to the supply chain

Talk about AI and camera sensors too, but I don't fully understand it

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't a confirmation but I also wouldn't be surprised. The Switch was sold out for months after it launched, then by the fall saw crazy sales again. It was like having two holiday seasons.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
I mean, I think even a person with the most surface-level knowledge of Nintendo could probably guess that at this point.

It's like saying I estimate Apple to release an iPhone 15 in the Q4 of this year after a presentation in September.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
Q1 next calendar year or Q1 next financial year?

FY makes more sense to me but I can't speak for the intent of the author.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Demand will be crazy for a Holiday 24 release so I can see them start production earlier than usual

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
Switch released on March 3 back in 2017.

Q1 launch seemed to worked out fine for them, so...

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Big if true.

Production that early ain't a bad thing.

Makes you wonder what they might have for the launch slate, especially if it's Holiday 2024.

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
Well, it can't launch before April 1st 2024, so they could mean Q1 of Nintendo's next financial year.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Q1FY maybe.

They've already explicitly told the people that give them money that it's not happening before then.

Baobab

Feb 4, 2021
If the production lines start in December, the lauch of the product is usually 4 to 5 months away.
That would be the first quarter of the next fiscal year i guess.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the Switch 2 is already out and everyone's been too busy speculating to notice.

dose

Oct 29, 2017
If this is true and it's going to be similar to the Switch, Nintendo's first reveal was in the October before.

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this makes sense, but I don't anticipate a reveal until after the holiday season.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Not going to happen, as others said they explicitly told investors that they wouldn't release it then, and Nintendo has never released a console without a year's notice.
What I can see happening is it being mass produced around that time, but Nintendo will want a large stock so they don't run into problems like Sony and Microsoft have had.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Wait for it to be a Switch Pro, more like a mid gen refresh rather than a new console. Or like a New 3DS situation.

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still expecting an early 2024 announcement with a mid to end year launch.

i can't really see a March release this time cause Nintendo is still trying to move consoles in the holiday this time around vs 2016/17 they'd pretty much openly given up on the Wii U.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Not believing that. New generation systems launch either at the end of the fiscal year or calendar year.
If it's not coming this fiscal year it will be November 2024 or March 2025 (the former imo).

vitacola

May 23, 2018
l.sn.de
From a tactical point of view I would say, it would be stupid to announce the new console prior to Christmas if it's really launching Q1.

Is there a rumor who will provide the APU for the thing?
If it's really that close to launch there should be some concrete hints for this.

rubidium

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Nintendo tell investors no Switch 2 during FY2023? If Switch 2 comes out after April 2024 this forecast and Nintendo's comment don't contradict to each other.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I've never gotten a console at launch, but if this is a straight upgrade I will probably make an exception.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
You all forgot that Nintendo Corporation haven't announced a new colour yet for next year?

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
Please ship a dev kit to Ubisoft so we can get news earlier.
hahhahahaha
imagine this again :D

nx-controller-1.jpg

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
It's Nintendo. Don't do this to yourself =P

Specs will be awful, and if it's anything like the Switch it will still be a fantastic little device with some great games.
Except the Switch specs werent awful when it launched, always with the hyperbole.
A portable/Hybrid not being as powerful as stationary consoles that costs more doesnt make the specs awful.

But im sure you were playing BotW, MK8D, SMO and XB 2 level games on your portables prior to Switch.

Rating specs without the context of price, size and use case is ridiculous anyways.

Market Dude

Alt account
Banned
Jun 24, 2023
September 2024 is my bet for a launch. In the past, We've really only seen three months as hardware launches. September, November, and March. The last consoles to launch in September was the N64/PS1. They did this to space out the launch and holiday rushes. Have a 1-2 punch sales wise. I believe they moved away from that and into Nov. due to supply being an issue and being unable to meet holiday demand. The next switch has been in development for what "seems" to be an extra year so they could take a play out of an old playbook. Their software seems to dry (even counting rumored games) up around Summer. So an early sept. launch looks highly likely.

NES - Late Sept.
SNES - Early Sept.
N64 - Late Sept.
NGC - Mid Nov
Wii - Mid Nov
Wii-U - Mid Nov
Switch - March
PS1 - Early Sept
PS2 - Early March
PS3 - Early Nov
PS4 - Mid Nov
PS5 - Mid Nov.

Darkhorse candidate - May 2024.

Last edited:

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo's Q1, I could see (and expect).
But they stated they're not launching this FY, so calendar FY, Iunno.

Apr 22, 2022
But Switch was announced October 2016 and released March 2017.

Switch was unveiled in October, but it had been known for months that the NX would be released in March 2017.

That being said, it doesn't make sense to make comparisons with the past. It's the first time that Nintendo has a single console on the market. Previously, if they announced the next generation a year in advance, it would only harm the sales of one of the two hardware they were selling. I find it logical that now they are shortening the time between announcement and release.

Furthermore, the NX was announced in advance as a damage control measure when they began developing games for mobile, to prevent rumors of them abandoning the hardware market.

Kahhhhyle

Jun 8, 2021
I'd be shocked if it were any sooner then September next year lol. Q1 seems like a pipe dream
Is there a rumor who will provide the APU for the thing?
If it's really that close to launch there should be some concrete hints for this.
The rumors and leaks point pretty conclusively at Nvidia again.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not going to happen, as others said they explicitly told investors that they wouldn't release it then, and Nintendo has never released a console without a year's notice.
What I can see happening is it being mass produced around that time, but Nintendo will want a large stock so they don't run into problems like Sony and Microsoft have had.

We have got to get away from old ways of thinking. Times change, product announcement to launch has been getting shorter and shorter. Hell, technically the 3DS was announced within a year from release.