• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 21, 2020

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
will you be interviewed by Monopon herself?

EDIT: a lot of those positions are in Kyoto, so those are probably for EPD games

OP
OP
Momo

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
^^^Yes. The Kyoto studio is responsible for assisting Nintendo EPD and Monolith Soft's Tokyo studio games. Since the studio's formation in 2011, they have not developed a game of their own. They mainly produce art asset for Nintendo and MS's in-house studios.

It's interesting that they are highlighting a major expansion via their tweet. I don't think it means they will start to develop their own games yet. None of the positions they are looking for indicate that kind of growth.

Dec 21, 2020
Not for their own game, but future Zeldas, Mario, Splatoon, etc would either get a really nice CG trailer for advertising or help in cinematic portions of a game story or whatnot. I foresee Zelda going heavier into cinematic side for story purposes.

Metroid Prime assistance maybe?

or if they do make new games themselves (if) it would be Mario+Luigi series

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My one hope right now:

I want a Switch Pro hardware revision, and I want Monolith Soft to release Xenoblade Chronicles X remastered on it, with new extra content and so on.

Would be BANGER.

Until then - I wait.

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
With all the expansion Monolith is doing, it's kinda impressive how important they have become to Nintendo.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
Mega props to Momo as usual for finding this.

Carrying on the Mitsuda Chronicles from last month, he's now working with the Bratislava Symphony Orchestra from Slovakia on "a video game".
www.facebook.com

Bratislava Symphony Orchestra

Today choir onlyrecording for Japan, music for a video game.

image0.png

This clears up the speculation from last time, his big project is indeed a game.
BSC is also of note as they worked on XB2 as well, even around the same time frame (April 30th-May 1st).

There was a some doubt last time (especially on Reddit lol), but imo this is gonna be XB3 (or X2 I guess).
Full steam ahead on the hype train.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Momo

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
Minor correction to Onix555's post above, they are doing remote recording sessions due to COVID. Mitsuda is still in Japan.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Thanks both for keeping us in the loop - this is an exciting time. There's so many possibilities. Chuffed if it is indeed a Xeno game as I dug the XC2 soundtrack.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
So odds on Xenoblade 3 at the end of this year or early next year are getting even better?

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Everyone please set your expectations properly, we all know the most likely titles to come out of this are Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Sayans 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2-II

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
OP
OP
Momo

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
With the similarity to Xenoblade 2's music production timeline, they seem to be aiming for a December release again (assuming this is a Monolith Soft project LOL)

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
When XB2 launched I was working a pretty shitty retail job. So i'd get in at 11pm, put on my space heater, and then play till 4 in the morning. "Good" times

This time will be different.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
When XB2 launched I was working a pretty shitty retail job. So i'd get in at 11pm, put on my space heater, and then play till 4 in the morning. "Good" times

This time will be different.

You can afford central heating now, eh? :P

If this is the game we think it is, as in a blade game of some variety, it potentially puts an end to talk of an X port this Christmas?

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Every time I see this thread pop up on the front page, I just get excited lol. But yeah, I think Mitsuda is working on the next major Monolith Soft game. We could easily be wrong though.

Although I do wonder, will it be the same soundtrack team as XC2 such as Mitsuda and ACE+? Or will they have Yoko Shimomura involved similar to XC1?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just ready for something different from Monolith Soft. don't care what it is as long as it's not "Xenoblade 3 in story/concept"

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna need this in preperation
tenor.gif

That said I would also like a new IP (or return of an oldie) as well as XB3. Variety is nice
I mean, I'll buy it. but after Xenoblade 2, I'm gonna be hesitant a bit

I'd be perfectly happy with a Xenoblade 3 - the series is quite malleable, it can be anything the team want.
Yeah I'd expect it would be quite different from 1, X, and 2, even if its called Xenoblade 3.
that's what I thought about Xenoblade 2.

then the last part happened

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I'd expect it would be quite different from 1, X, and 2, even if its called Xenoblade 3.
I fear not.. the fact 1,2 & X has different main composer (mitsuda only did the ED song for 1 and 3 potentially has the same composer as 2)

I'm leaning continuation of 1+2 story line.. plus I doubt it's not Xeno related as mitsuda won't be back without takahashi convincing him again

the man is mostly retired and even hesitated on making 2.. doubt he would take a job for a different work

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I believe there was an interview with Takahashi where he said all the Xenoblade games are connected - but that XC and XC2 are like the opposite sides of the same coin, which is why they appear more closely linked.

"Each entry in the Xenoblade Chronicles series has depicted a single episode within the flow of a larger time and space...​

"...Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are like two sides of the same coin which might be why it feels like the connection between them seems to be particularly standing out."​

I reckon a Xenoblade 3 might call back to those games in some capacity - but it may not. And I think if it does, the connection won't be anywhere near as explicit as with XC and XC2.

An X2 might call back to those games too.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
m might shyamalan dot jpg would be the next xenoblade having a different modifier altogether.

Xenoblade
Xenoblade X
Xenoblade 2
Xenoblade ... §, €, #, µ, @, *

or ...

Xenoblade Σ

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If your problem is the shared multiverse in general, that's probably not going away.

Though 2 is probably going to be somewhat of a special case. I don't expect the parallels to go that deep again any time soon.

It should be a direction sequel in the sense that...

The Conduit/Zohar is present in the new game but it's entirely unconnected otherwise

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
Mega props to Momo as usual for finding this.

Carrying on the Mitsuda Chronicles from last month, he's now working with the Bratislava Symphony Orchestra from Slovakia on "a video game".
www.facebook.com

Bratislava Symphony Orchestra

Today choir onlyrecording for Japan, music for a video game.

image0.png

This clears up the speculation from last time, his big project is indeed a game.
BSC is also of note as they worked on XB2 as well, even around the same time frame (April 30th-May 1st).

There was a some doubt last time (especially on Reddit lol), but imo this is gonna be XB3 (or X2 I guess).
Full steam ahead on the hype train.
aww yeah, didn't think mitsuda would be back but glad I'm wrong

With the similarity to Xenoblade 2's music production timeline, they seem to be aiming for a December release again (assuming this is a Monolith Soft project LOL)
That would be pretty nuts, less than 2.5 years of dev time.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
Isnt this upcoming game already on production late 2018? Considering this and XBC DE was presented at the same time May 2018
XCDE and the new game started development August 2018, December 2021 release would be too early imo. If we're going by XC2's dev cycle (started July 2014) it would be closer to March 2022. And of course we have coronavirus too

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
XCDE and the new game started development August 2018, December 2021 release would be too early imo. If we're going by XC2's dev cycle (started July 2014) it would be closer to March 2022. And of course we have coronavirus too
Maybe more inhouse people helped rather using mostly outsourced? Plus "if" this would be a continuation of 1+2 then it is less time consuming to do

Also maybe it's releasing Winter 2021 japan which is until end of March

OP
OP
Momo

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
aww yeah, didn't think mitsuda would be back but glad I'm wrong

That would be pretty nuts, less than 2.5 years of dev time.

It will be 3 years at minimum by the time it releases. Xenoblade 2 had barely 2 years of actual development, so there's actually a sizable gap. It's safe to say that it won't get anywhere close to Xenoblade X's lengthy development cycle though haha.