• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
A new issue of Famitsu came out today featuring an interview with Tetsuya Takahashi

Information provided by Ryokutya states that:

>Production Group 1 is doing both DE and a New Game
>Future Connected is 10-12 hours up to 20 if you complete everything
>It could have been longer if done as paid DLC but would have required resources that would have taken away from the new game

ryokutya2089.com

Switch【ゼノブレイドDE】『つながる未来』のボリューム感は10~12時間 | ゲームよりどりサブカルみどりパーク

ファミ通最新号より 高橋哲哉インタビュー 第一プロダクションはDE、新タイトル、両方に関わるスタッフの三つに分けて編成していた。 キャラクターグラフィックはオリジナル版の心残りだったが強化している。 リマスターゆえ楽曲すべてをオーケストラで再収録はできない。アレンジやクオリティーアップをしている。 データ圧縮を2より緩和し音質は向上。 「つながる未来」 最初からプレイできる。 自分がプレイして10~12時間のボリューム感。脇の遊びも含めると20時間前後。 有料DLCならもっとボリュームアップできるがリソースを割きすぎると新タイトルに影響がでる。...

In addition, omegatier user a11244 bought a copy of Famitsu generously and provided additional information:

>DE planning started right after the launch of XC2 (2017)
>Also at the same time they planning for a new game.
>Presented the games together to Nintendo (May 2018)
>So Production Group 1 were seemingly doing 3 games at the same time with Torna development (1.Torna 2.DE 3.New game)
>DE and New Game full production started after Torna had gone gold (August 2018)

Monolith Soft Development Pipeline & Speculation Thread

Probably no point in buying Camelot, just snatch up the folks and let the company die. unless the owners are tied to whatever debt they have True, all Camelot is relegated to nowadays is Mario Sports and the Golden Sun intellectual property is laying in dormancy.

As well as this, Production Group 2 is also assisting heavily with BOTW2.
It will be exciting to see what comes out of PG1 in the next few years.

Additional Details may be added as they appear

Last edited:

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I love how Monolith is growing. I'm looking forward to their new games and other projects.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess they will start work on a new Xenoblade once DE is done.

Looking forward to their new game.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Most likely XC3. Hopefully before the end of Switch's life.

Also, fans should be grateful to XC2 for making the series popular.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
It should be noted that the timeline for the rumoured new IP and the game mentioned do not line up: the new IP had recruitment ads since August 2017. Therefore, either the new IP does not exist or the new IP is being worked on by a different production team than production team #1, i.e. production team #2. Potentially, they could be working on XBCDE, the new game mentioned in the OP (probably XBC3 or something similar), and a new IP. All of which seem on track for a 2021-2022 release window. Big things could be coming from Monolith Soft.

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder if new Xenoblade or something else.

Xenoblade does fine but you have to wonder if they could do better based on BotW.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Please be a Xenoblade 3 :D

But tbh i'll play anything that Monolith Soft release, they are proven quality to me. Man i'm gonna look like a fanboy especially with my avatar/name

Oct 26, 2017
It should be noted that the timeline for the rumoured new IP and the game mentioned do not line up: the new IP had recruitment ads since August 2017. Therefore, either the new IP does not exist or the new IP is being worked on by a different production team than production team #1, i.e. production team #2. Potentially, they could be working on XBCDE, the new game mentioned in the OP (probably XBC3 or something similar), and a new IP. All of which seem on track for a 2021-2022 release window. Big things could be coming from Monolith Soft.

The new IP being worked on by the team responsible for EPD games (the games that sell ridiculously well) seems very unlikely. Why would Nintendo allow any of the staff to be working on that instead of BotW2?

Oct 27, 2017
You don't need to have started planning a game to know you want to recruit for a new one though, so I don't think recruitment and the start of pre-production necessarily need to line up. They knew their workload would be increasing, especially considering this was around the time they had to provide significant support for BOTW while contracting a ton for XB2, and that's what drove recruitment efforts

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Why doesn't it line up? It says they started planning (i.e. preproduction I'd guess) on the new game in December 2017. Hiring for that could definitely have started a few months prior.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
monolith-soft-2.jpg

it's this game right

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The mass hirings at Monolith Soft went up on August 2017. That's when they put the concept art/recruiting image of the Zelda looking person with the red dragon and said they were working on something not of their brand image.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Should be noted that XBDE was planned more specifically after the sales of XB2

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Why doesn't it line up? It says they started planning (i.e. preproduction I'd guess) on the new game in December 2017. Hiring for that could definitely have started a few months prior.
Fair enough, I hadn't interpreted it as pre-production. It still leaves the question of the new IP: if they (production group 1) are working on the new IP, then who is doing the next Xenoblade game?

Would it be possible that the Xenoblade recruitment is purely for XBCDE, and that production group 1 is in fact working on that new IP?

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
cool.

I assume a 2021 announcement, and release in 2022. March 2022 would be great. but who knows

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Whatever they do, I hope they learn from the mistakes of Xenoblade 2 (character designs, questionable characters & tropes, gacha mechanics, etc.). That's not to say that XB2 isn't an overall good game, but it was a flawed gem.

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough, I hadn't interpreted it as pre-production. It still leaves the question of the new IP: if they (production group 1) are working on the new IP, then who is doing the next Xenoblade game?

Would it be possible that the Xenoblade recruitment is purely for XBCDE, and that production group 1 is in fact working on that new IP?

In October 2018, Takahashi specifically stated that PG1 was hiring for a new RPG project in the vein of previous Xenoblade games.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
In October 2018, Takahashi specifically stated that PG1 was hiring for a new RPG project in the vein of previous Xenoblade games.
Yeah, I thought I remembered reading something like that. Thanks for reminding me! In that case, it seems more likely that either the new IP doesn't exist, or that it is being worked on by a different production group than #1 inside of Monolith Soft.

Oct 26, 2017
Just like, here's the main question.

Why would Nintendo allow Production Group 2 to work on a new IP with any serious staff instead of directing that staff to accelerate development of BotW2?

It just doesn't make sense to me.

OP
OP
Onix555

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
Yeah, I thought I remembered reading something like that. Thanks for reminding me! In that case, it seems more likely that either the new IP doesn't exist, or that it is being worked on by a different production group than #1 inside of Monolith Soft.
Monolith West, its time

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

They're working on Xenoblade. It's the Xenoblade team. They put the hire out in October 2018. They're not doing a new IP. The new IP would've started a year prior to Xenoblade 3 starting.

OP
OP
Onix555

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK

Why would Nintendo allow Production Group 2 to work on a new IP with any serious staff instead of directing that staff to accelerate development of BotW2?

Well there might be multiple teams in PG2, and in that circumstance you wouldnt draw devs away from BOTW2, you'd hire more to fill the new roles

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Well, you can't endlessly accelerate production of BOTW 2 by just continuously adding on staff I would think. Could be they are at a sweet spot with BOTW 2, and wanted to have Monolith Soft work on an ambitious idea for a new game as well, leading to a situation where the second production group got to do both BOTW 2 and a new game of their own.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

They could have multiple teams in PG2 is what we're saying. Part of it helps Nintendo (60+ like they had for BotW 1). The remainder working on a new game. Zell said BotW 2 was coming in 2020. That would've made sense in a normal development cycle.

It's not like Nintendo is going to rush development. They'll get the bodies they need and take their time.

Oct 26, 2017
Well, you can't endlessly accelerate production of BOTW 2 by just continuously adding on staff I would think. Could be they are at a sweet spot with BOTW 2, and wanted to have Monolith Soft work on an ambitious idea for a new game as well, leading to a situation where the second production group got to do both BOTW 2 and a new game of their own.

This seems very optimistic about the potential success of this new IP considering that Group 2 also works on other EPD games that are significantly more successful than Monolith Soft's main games. So if they aren't working on BotW2 or Pikmin 4, there's a lot of other EPD games they could also assist on. IDK.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017

I would tens to agree with this. Production 2 is the only possibility for there to be a non-Xenoblade game coming, but the likelyhood that they would be able to do that while being involved with BotW2 is low. Maybe a small planning group to figure out what that team does after BotW2, but not full production on something.

My only other thought would be if it were some kind of Zelda spinoff. Nintendo obviously wants lots of Zelda in the pipeline, and that Monolith team is one of the few that have significant experience with the IP.

I think we need more info on what Production 2 actually is though. For all we know it's essentially some kind of support team that supports Monolith and EPD equally, and not a team that is currently set up to work on their own game. Additionally we don't really know where the Kyoto office falls in these teams, perhaps they are entirely separate.