• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not too surprising considering the sales of Wonderboy, but neat to see considering the user base size. I'll definitely be picking up the physical version this summer.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
9096.jpg

Sorry, just the comment mixed with your pic makes me laugh

eseqko

Oct 27, 2017
Perfect for Twitter.

EDIT: ok, something substantial... That Wonderboy version was on my top 5 list of 2017, if this version is half as good as that, I'm picking it up day one.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I loved the Wonder Boy remake, it was beautiful and the gameplay still felt fresh and modern, so I'll definitely be there for this.

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Seems like a title that aligns with the Switch base more. 10x is still a large margin tho.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully the sales are good on both platforms (is this not on Xbox?). I think I'm going to go digital with this one though.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
If I had a Switch, I'd probably choose it over other platforms for this title and most other 2D games in particular. Just fits so well with the portable nature of the machine.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It just makes sense for titles like this. The performance is obviously gonna be the same, and you're simultaneously getting a portable+home version on the Switch.

The portability alone is a big upgrade, but the fact that you don't even lose the potential home version?

It's essentially just a better deal altogether.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Completely OT... who IS that?

Its shatters my heart every time some says that. And they say it a lot.
T_T
Its the guy from house of cards, westworld,black mirror but mostly he's from Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia .
He comes from the illustrious and pure bloodline of the McPoyles, a clan that once ruled the greater parts of america, one that eventually mostly ended due to inbreeding and std's.
If youre curious about the eye, ...why are you? it looks perfectly natural. Unless you wanna gift him an eye?
On an unrelated note, it was popped out by a bird at a marriage ceremony where everyone turned into zombies because someone mixed illegal experimental drugs in the lukewarm milk that everyone obviously drinks at marriages, the marriage was of his brother who was about to break family tradition by marrying a cat woman and spread the mcpoyle bloodline all over the world.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
T_T
Its the guy from house of cards, westworld,black mirror but mostly he's from Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia .
He comes from the illustrious and pure bloodline of the McPoyles, a clan that once ruled the greater parts of america, one that eventually mostly ended due to inbreeding and std's.
If youre curious about the eye, ...why are you? it looks perfectly natural. Unless you wanna gift him an eye?
On an unrelated note, it was popped out by a bird at a marriage ceremony where everyone turned into zombies because someone mixed illegal experimental drugs in the lukewarm milk that everyone obviously drinks at marriages, the marriage was of his brother who was about to break family tradition by marrying a cat woman and spread the mcpoyle bloodline all over the world.

...What?

on topic, I am super hyped for this game.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm convinced almost everything sells better on Switch at this point.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
T_T

I know him better for his forgettable roles in movies nobody has seen like Loser and Stay Alive.

huH1678

Oct 30, 2017
Cool? I never even heard about this game til now, didn't even know there was a PS4 release.

Amaterasu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Basically anything that isn't going for super realistic graphics is going to be played on my Switch.

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'd love to have more physical games, but when they cost $800 pesos ($40 dollars) instead of $400 digitally ($20) it's literally impossible to want to buy the cartridge version, no matter how much toys they put inside :(

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
This seems like the natural conclusion after the previous Monster Boy game was out within the first month of launch. I find it a bit funny that it's a totally different company who's reaping the rewards of that, though.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Matching the install-bases, that could potentially be true.

People just really appreciate the home+portable aspect. It's good value generally.

You're right, they totally do. Personally, my Switch rarely comes out of the dock. But numerous times I've heard friends say if given the choice they'd want to play "so and so" on the Switch.

FireFistAce

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Given what the game is competiting against on the PS4 on top of the F2P games and PS+, I cannot say I'm surprised that people aren't jumping on the game on the PS4. People assume that a great install base automatically means better sales - it doesn't when the library is massive.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
T_T

I love this post.

RossoneR

Oct 28, 2017
Given what the game is competiting against on the PS4 on top of the F2P games and PS+, I cannot say I'm surprised that people aren't jumping on the game on the PS4. People assume that a great install base automatically means better sales - it doesn't when the library is massive.

Maybe off topic but few days ago i had some cash in wallet and wanted some indie or cheaper game to buy on psn. Spent 30 minutes browsing and watching reviews.....and havent bought anything, too much choice. Saved cash for some bigger titles in the next few months lol. (already have huge backlog)

Oct 28, 2017
Bought it on Xbox, played for about 30mins, thought it was bad and stopped playing.

Remembered I could get a refund on Xbox, so I got that refund.

Oct 29, 2017
This is honestly not that impressive. Switch is mostly bought by gaming dads who have lost track of what is happening in the world and long back to the warm feelings of their youth when the world made sense. Once all 20 million gaming dads bought this game, sales will definitely fall off a cliff.