• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It obviously goes without saying that this is better than nothing, but I can't muster any excitement considering this is many months overdue and I've got MHW waiting when my exams are done soon.

Hopefully it still does well regardless and Capcom gets their act together as a result.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Kind of weird to see people shitting on Capcom for this. They've been doing some damn awesome stuff as of late and yeah, they still have their bullshit moments, but I can get behind this whether it's late or not

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
With all the comments about how it will be hard to go back from world to geb ultimate i can only think... those of us who are waiting for world on pc will get the best of everything

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Switch port so I assume it'll be pretty big especially for people who just want more MH in general. MHW is kinda in a lull atm so those people can have more stuff to chase.

I'm actually thinking it'll do better because World was a thing. That was a phenomena Switch-only owners just straight up didn't get to take part in. That entry also heavily increased the series' worth to the west at large.

Now that you put it that way yeah, I guess it could do even better than past entries in the west. We'll see!

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Digital-only, i feel it.
Dc2CBvxU8AAVfk6.png

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is the Nintendo eShop logo at the end of the trailer? Is this going to be digital only?

This will probably be digital-only in EU. NA, could go either way.

Edit - based on the above post, looks like physical for NA. My guess is if NoE isn't aiding with distribution, EU won't get a physical version.

Edit #2 - Nope, physical for everyone! NA and EU

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised they didn't bring over MHW, considering how successful it was. I wonder why they decided to port a 3DS game.

Cuboid 64

Oct 28, 2017
I'm absolutely ready to pay $60 and get this even if I realize five minutes in that I can't go back.

I miss my boy Brachydios. I miss slime.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Don't think I can go back after world but I hope this means a new Monster Hunter on Switch isn't dead.

If World was my first MH game, will this feel like a downgrade?
It won't be as refined in the mechanics department (especially for gunners), but it's bursting at the seems with content and has some of the most challenging content in the entire series. It also has some stuff that I'm honestly shocked that didn't make it into MHW, like playable Felynes and armor transmogrification.

MufausaThe3rd

Dec 1, 2017
The fact that I have a laptop capable of playing MHW now and I still dont wanna invest on a Switch. I might just pass on this.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Kind of weird to see people shitting on Capcom for this. They've been doing some damn awesome stuff as of late and yeah, they still have their bullshit moments, but I can get behind this whether it's late or not
I don't think they're owed praise for a doing a year late port for a 3DS game that already had a localization when all the other platforms have been playing a superior version of the game for months.

H2intensity

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
O yess!! Been tempting with the Japanese version because its discounted on japanese eshop. So glad i believe those rumor about it will come to the west.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Every time a Monster Hunter game releases I say I'm gonna try it out, but I have both Monster Hunter 3U and MH4 for the Wii U and 3DS respectively just chilling in their shrinkwrap.

TeraDax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Québec
Soooo happy! I did play World (Could not wait for Pc release...) but it was a letdown for me sadly!

Classic Monster Hunter all the way!

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they didn't bring over MHW, considering how successful it was. I wonder why they decided to port a 3DS game.
The game was originally a rushed port in Japan before World came out. Then they straight up ignored any western release in order to focus and hype up World. This was after they wrote off a western release of the originally 3DS version of XX. The west just got Monster Hunter X as Generations.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017

They are working on porting MHW to PC. This game is just a localization of XX. Any iteration of MHW was never coming to the Switch before next year due to them putting all their efforts in porting over to the PC.