• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I've never used anything other than Sword and Shield, Hammer, or Bow, but man, after trying out the light bowgun in the Rise demo, I'm thinking I may main that for a least a bit of this campaign. I had a blast (pun absolutely intended) with it.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I've never used anything other than Sword and Shield, Hammer, or Bow, but man, after trying out the light bowgun in the Rise demo, I'm thinking I may main that for a least a bit of this campaign. I had a blast (pun absolutely intended) with it.
I used nothing but Glaive in World. After giving LBG a try in the first Rise demo it convinced me to try it in World as well and now it's my new main lol

CloverNotes

Oct 25, 2017
This is it. Not a single clue what Magnabueno is even supposed to mean but anyone can get this lol.
So. There is a word in Spanish called magno which means great and malo which means bad. I think the original intent for the Magnamalo's name is to means great bad or great evil.

Instead, we have replaced the malo with bueno which means good. Magnabueno equals great good. At least that's what I assume the joke is.

ReDelicious

Oct 27, 2017
So. There is a word in Spanish called magno which means great and malo which means bad. I think the original intent for the Magnamalo's name is to means great bad or great evil.

Instead, we have replaced the malo with bueno which means good. Magnabueno equals great good. At least that's what I assume the joke is.

Thanks for explaining. I knew what bueno meant in Spanish but not magno.

Still don't get why we're calling him the great good though so I still think the Bishaten one is way better.

Oct 26, 2017
Me: Disappointed with monster count
Also Me with just three quests:
AxNjHly.jpg

kagete

Oct 27, 2017
Monster Hunter Rise |OT| Tower Defense X Village Simulator

Monster Hunter Rise |OT| I can't believe my Shrine Maidens out DPS me!

Monster Hunter Rise |OT| Rampage at the Rashomon

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Monster Hunter Rise |OT| You CAN Pet the Dog

Look, it's gonna have to include SOME kind of callout to 'Can You Pet the Dog' twitter; Capcom even admitted to how influential it was.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Latino Here voting to Magnabueno as the OT title. Magnamalo to Magnapeor is my second option.

I feel like I'm the only person happy with the monster count. The game is introducing a lot of new stuff and also they had to deal with Covid and since we can now get new monsters through DLC a "low" launch roster is not an issue.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
I feel like I'm the only person happy with the monster count. The game is introducing a lot of new stuff and also they had to deal with Covid and since we can now get new monsters through DLC a "low" launch roster is not an issue.
As a newbie from World who didn't play Iceborne, this roster is more than fine by me. I haven't fought most of these monsters before and even the World monsters I have fought will likely get some changes. Plus how much new stuff has been added to the weapons and general gameplay means that I'm pretty happy with what we have. And like you said, more will be coming via updates (perhaps even beyond the two we know about)

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Latino Here voting to Magnabueno as the OT title. Magnamalo to Magnapeor is my second option.

The crazy part is it's not even low by Monster Hunter standards.

Naw I'm quite satisfied only because we have a variety of different monsters in this roster. The new monsters that have been introduced have different skeletons as well.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think we should have a spoiler thread to discuss leaks at this point. Info on the endgame gameplay loop is starting to come out.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I was going to suggest Monster Hunter Rise |OT| Where Dogs and Sticks can both Drift

...but the Bishaten title is admittedly better. Magnabueno isn't bad but feels a bit more arbitrary.

Timelord19

One Winged Slayer
Aug 21, 2018
Mallorca, Spain
Regarding new leaks
I read in 4chan that someone has datamined the new areas of the DLC, and it has the areas of Ukanlos, Akantor and Jhen Mohran, so maybe the monster list is incomplete(?)

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding new leaks
I read in 4chan that someone has datamined the new areas of the DLC, and it has the areas of Ukanlos, Akantor and Jhen Mohran, so maybe the monster list is incomplete(?)
Those three were leaked earlier IIRC. Seems like they'll be for a future title update(s) and the stuff datamined earlier is just from the first two.

Jun 17, 2018
I took the plunge and preordered today. I cannot beat the second monster in the demo for the life of me! It's my first MH game though and I really enjoyed the beginner fight so I'm sure I'll get there! Looking forward to playing the full game.

Oct 27, 2017
I took the plunge and preordered today. I cannot beat the second monster in the demo for the life of me! It's my first MH game though and I really enjoyed the beginner fight so I'm sure I'll get there! Looking forward to playing the full game.
If it makes you feel any better ,the armour you have in the demo is weaker than the armour youll probably have by the time you fight Mitsune

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding new leaks
I think I posted it here when demo 1 dropped, but yeah, there are very likely references to these monsters in the game executable as well. Guess it remains to be seen what happens, after all Oroshi-Kirin was in MHW data as well and it never materialised 🤷‍♂️

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

I have been playing MH for a while and while I am not great at it comparatively to pros or even vets in this thread I am still decent. Trying Mizutsune the first few times in the demo I got crushed.

The game has a lot of controls to learn (an overwhelming amount in fact) and monster behaviour to understand. I would boot up the demo and fight Arzuros then Izuchi in the beginner hunt. Then do Izuchi, Rathian and then work your way up to Mizutsune in the intermediate hunt. The jump from Izuchi to Mizutsune in a normal MH game is like going from a 3 star monster threat to a 5 star one. So it is a big jump.

In the real game you will have better armour and weapons more than likely and more HP too.

Jun 17, 2018
If it makes you feel any better ,the armour you have in the demo is weaker than the armour youll probably have by the time you fight Mitsune
I have been playing MH for a while and while I am not great at it comparatively to pros or even vets in this thread I am still decent. Trying Mizutsune the first few times in the demo I got crushed.

The game has a lot of controls to learn (an overwhelming amount in fact) and monster behaviour to understand. I would boot up the demo and fight Arzuros then Izuchi in the beginner hunt. Then do Izuchi, Rathian and then work your way up to Mizutsune in the intermediate hunt. The jump from Izuchi to Mizutsune in a normal MH game is like going from a 3 star monster threat to a 5 star one. So it is a big jump.

In the real game you will have better armour and weapons more than likely and more HP too.

I figured this would be the case and that my armour and weapons would be better for these fights. Thanks for letting me know though, I did have my concerns that the game was going to be really difficult.

On another note, what is the multiplayer like? I'd be tempted to grab a month subscription for this.

Deleted member 5189

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I posted it here when demo 1 dropped, but yeah, there are very likely references to these monsters in the game executable as well. Guess it remains to be seen what happens, after all Oroshi-Kirin was in MHW data as well and it never materialised 🤷‍♂️

If Jhen Mohran finds it's way into the game, i will never again complain about the monster selection. He and or Gore Magala are amoung the most requested monsters from me. Especially Jhen Mohran would be a cool adition, because of the uniqu fight scenario.

I wonder if they would put an Apex Jhen Mohran into the rampage mode..? (^_^) Or maybe his map will be even part of the rampage quests and be more open.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
I have not touched the longsword in iceborne, in which from what I understand they introduced that sheath attack. It looks op as fuck. You don't even have to spirit combo anymore
Rise mechanics makes a lot of weapons bypass their 'building up gauge' phase almost completely. Charge Blade's Counter Peak Peformance silkbind when triggered inmeadiatly charges all phials, Switch Axe also has a silkbind that makes it so you can go straight into sword mode.

I think that was done to keep up with Long Sword, since it's so easy to reach red spirit guage now. Probably also to make the pace of the combat faster.