• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
All of this guiding lands grinding is leaving me broke, I had almost two million zenny when I started iceborne and now in down to just 100k.
I wish they'd give a least some trade in items for doing guiding lands stuff.
Bring your palico around with plunderblade. I've only gotten more money since iceborne started because of it. I was at 999,999z when it started and now I'm at 16,000,000z, and I make a shit load of different weapons.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I'm constantly at around 100 - 200k or so, even with use of the Plunderblade and setting all three Argosy slots to trade-in.

I could sell all my Kulve Taroth materials and make 12,5 million zenni, but for some reason I can't get myself to do it.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Grinding lands needs a patch. Rewards dont justify the time invested right now. Is it me or do GL monters have way more HP?

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My problem is why? Why do I care about arugment and custom mods that will end looking like a Val or nerg mod. Give is a reason to care about this stuff. Give us super temp monster or something.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
My problem is why? Why do I care about arugment and custom mods that will end looking like a Val or nerg mod. Give is a reason to care about this stuff. Give us super temp monster or something.

Same reason as before?

More build optimization? More power or more ease of hunting?

Again MH is one of those games where you are "done" when you say you are done. Its all up to you

For me personally its when I have defeated every possible monster encounter. Then I just play for fun casually after that to chip away at the endgame or help friends/randoms

What is the end of an MH game for you?

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
GL endgame is better than it's ever been in MHW tbh. It has flaws of course, but it's better than spamming the same tempered Elders over and over in hopes of that 1% chance or lower of getting a weapon augment and even less of a chance of getting the one you want.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Wait what costs money in guiding lands? I haven't levelled anything above 6 yet and haven't noticed any cash sinks.
Nothing costs money but you're not making any either so if you're constantly making weapons you'll never use like me you'll run out of money quick. On top of that augmentations costs SO much money.

Bring your palico around with plunderblade. I've only gotten more money since iceborne started because of it. I was at 999,999z when it started and now I'm at 16,000,000z, and I make a shit load of different weapons.
Yeah that's one way to do it.
At least my main set is augmented and upgraded now so I'm not gonna be spending as much from now on.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone help me "discover" Gold Rath later today? I'm on ps4 and I'm at rank 70 but my wildspire lv is low, I messed up and leveled up the wrong area.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Wait what costs money in guiding lands? I haven't levelled anything above 6 yet and haven't noticed any cash sinks.
This is what I'm wondering.

I had a bunch of zenny going into Iceborne and I haven't seen an appreciable drop in it because of GL. Are you just augmenting every armor and weapon you can to max?

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is what I'm wondering.

I had a bunch of zenny going into Iceborne and I haven't seen an appreciable drop in it because of GL. Are you just augmenting every armor and weapon you can to max?

Yeah I'm pretty sure I've been cash flow positive since Iceborne released, and that's with upgrading and augmenting like ten different weapons and a couple full sets of armor.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I wasn't quite sold on Zinogre's hammer before, but hey, it was the only one with decent thunder attack. Then I hunted Gold Rathian by night and saw the charge effect.

GQDHlle.gif

chefskiss.png

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
These caps on GL leveling are killing me. Why not let me level up straight from lvl 6 to 7. Why do I have to raise my MR even more. I still haven't leveled one zone to 7 because the caps suuuuck.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
These caps on GL leveling are killing me. Why not let me level up straight from lvl 6 to 7. Why do I have to raise my MR even more. I still haven't leveled one zone to 7 because the caps suuuuck.
The experience still builds so if you do it enough, once the cap lifts it'll automatically level. Similar to hunter and master rank when you hit the caps.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
The experience still builds so if you do it enough, once the cap lifts it'll automatically level. Similar to hunter and master rank when you hit the caps.
That's good to know.

My friends haven't been playing at all lately due to schedule issues (or in the case of one of them, he's not clicking with Iceborne as much as the base game) so I've been slowly playing by myself so that I don't get too far without them. But it's been too long, I want to see the gold and silver raths.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
So for Long Shelling Gunlance, attack up skills don't matter at all right? It's literally only Artillery that boosts damage?

So other than Focus and Capacity Boost, there is nothing else really that would help your damage dealing capabilities?

If so, I have a set where I can fit in the following all maxed:

Earplugs
Artillery (lvl 5)
Evade Window
Health Boost
Focus
Evade Extender
Slinger Capacity

Anything else I should prioritize over any of these?

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017
after 320 hours, I finally earned an Attack Jewel as a quest reward....amazing how 1 jewel can completely change the setup of your gear.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Finally farmed Goldian enough to craft the entire armor set. This might be my new allround hammer set:

hammerdefaultbuilduxk17.png

Note that the Speed Sharpening 1 on the chest piece is erroneous; it's actually Speed Eating 1, which puts me on Speed Eating 3 in total.

Just feels like a good mix of defense (Divine Blessing, Health Boost, Fortify), offense (Resentment, Partbreaker, Airborne and Affinity Sliding), support (Speed Eating, Constitution, Free Meal) and a weapon that combines great raw with plenty of white sharpness. I didn't include mantles, but I tend to combine Temporal with any of the element proof mantles. The latter usually has both my Tenderizer jewels slotted.

Plus it's easy to make it look good; see the gif I posted above.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally farmed Goldian enough to craft the entire armor set. This might be my new allround hammer set:

hammerdefaultbuilduxk17.png

Note that the Speed Sharpening 1 on the chest piece is erroneous; it's actually Speed Eating 1, which puts me on Speed Eating 3 in total.

Just feels like a good mix of defense (Divine Blessing, Health Boost, Fortify), offense (Resentment, Partbreaker, Airborne and Affinity Sliding), support (Speed Eating, Constitution, Free Meal) and a weapon that combines great raw with plenty of white sharpness. I didn't include mantles, but I tend to combine Temporal with any of the element proof mantles. The latter usually has both my Tenderizer jewels slotted.

Plus it's easy to make it look good; see the gif I posted above.

oh I wonder what the female armor looks like. I have a similar one for my character but I haven't added any decos to it. I think it looks awful. Oops I forgot to change the Tigrex braces.

lUjbQhV.png

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
So for Long Shelling Gunlance, attack up skills don't matter at all right? It's literally only Artillery that boosts damage?

So other than Focus and Capacity Boost, there is nothing else really that would help your damage dealing capabilities?

If so, I have a set where I can fit in the following all maxed:

Earplugs
Artillery (lvl 5)
Evade Window
Health Boost
Focus
Evade Extender
Slinger Capacity

Anything else I should prioritize over any of these?

Sounds like a great set and you have what you need. I long shell gunlance myself and utilize Guard instead of evasive skills. If possible , Guard is an incredibly powerful skill and you'll be ridiculously invincible against many attacks. The Charm is capable of being ranked up to level 5 which is Guards max, but one of the materials you need to hit level 5 with it is a commendation from over 100 master rank quests.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
oh I wonder what the female armor looks like. I have a similar one for my character but I haven't added any decos to it. I think it looks awful. Oops I forgot to change the Tigrex braces.

lUjbQhV.png
Without layered armor it looks kinda crappy, but the Silver Knight legs + arms (plus the Thermae waist, bless it for liberating me from grotesque waist pieces) combine nicely with the Savage Jho pieces.

deviljhosilverknightj9kmz.jpg

The Savage Jho hat is actually suboptimal in this build since it trades slots for Handicraft 2 that I don't need, but it just looks too good.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a great set and you have what you need. I long shell gunlance myself and utilize Guard instead of evasive skills. If possible , Guard is an incredibly powerful skill and you'll be ridiculously invincible against many attacks. The Charm is capable of being ranked up to level 5 which is Guards max, but one of the materials you need to hit level 5 with it is a commendation from over 100 master rank quests.

Thanks! Yeah the other thing I was thinking about was Guard, so I'll mess around with what I have for now and see how comfortable I am, but definitely keep that in mind

Plexippus

Jun 11, 2019
does someone have a cheat sheet for monster to be farmed for augments? rarity 10 11 12?

Thank you very much!

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I tried long shelling. It's satisfying, when you get the WSB in a decent place, because of the hidden boosted flinch and trip, but I find that feeling goes away in multiplayer. The whole point of a Lance is that the monster stays on top of you and your uptime doesn't suffer as long as you don't get greedy, which is rarely the case in multiplayer as it runs around the area. In the rare cases I'm playing solo, I ask myself why I wouldn't use one of the fully augmented sets I've made to kill it faster rather than guys around in GL I'm not super familiar with. I've found it's niche for things like tempered big Bois like Savage Jho if I don't want to sweat though.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Time for the tried and true bitch about it online and watch it happen method because I'm stuck otherwise.

I want my beautiful gold rath sword. I've hit MR 95 and have spent the last 25 levels trying to unlock an investigation to get the parts. Unlocked in GL, leveled to research 4, picked up a ton of tracks and broken parts there. No investigations of her. Run through Elder's Recess creepily following Jho, Bazel, Ranj multiple times. Probably a good 60 or so investigations. None of her. Proc that Feline Researcher and somehow got all 3 of those in a 35 minute investigation. Run out the time stalking and sniffing the impressions of their feet. No investigations of her.

Damn, I keep reading that this is driving people crazy. I feel like I can't just be lucky. Got Coral and Wildspire to 6 and locked them both. I'd fought Silver and Gold both just once in there. Then I went and did Silver's optional Arena. Then just 20 or so minutes of tracks in Elder's and got 3 or 4 silvers near immediately. Then I went and did Gold's optional Arena and then some tracks and got 2 Golds.

You've done their optional Arenas I'd assume? I am sure that isn't it, but I am not even 91 and it baffles me why people aren't getting investigations after HOURS of track farming.

does someone have a cheat sheet for monster to be farmed for augments? rarity 10 11 12?

Thank you very much!

Does Imgur work for you?

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, this kinsect build will get nerfd right?

If you don't have mighty bow gem, it's basically better than an elemental bow because it's so consistent with no build up. Damn.

It honestly makes me want to build one for all the aura elders.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Wasn't looking forward to leveling the Rotten region to 6, but would you look at that: a Brute Tigrex event quest popped up this week.

You've done their optional Arenas I'd assume? I am sure that isn't it, but I am not even 91 and it baffles me why people aren't getting investigations after HOURS of track farming.
Turns out the arena quests actually were the trigger to unlock investigations. It worked for both xclk07 and me.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone help?

Every speedrun I see in the special arena starts the exact same way. Grab rocks > shot one to the center > Monster checks out sound > pull the rock trap lever.

But when I'm fighting Silver Rathalos in the arena, every time I do that he just hops back and immediately aggros. Do I need to seriously bring the Ghillie Mantle for this work?

Plexippus

Jun 11, 2019
Can someone help?

Every speedrun I see in the special arena starts the exact same way. Grab rocks > shot one to the center > Monster checks out sound > pull the rock trap lever.

But when I'm fighting Silver Rathalos in the arena, every time I do that he just hops back and immediately aggros. Do I need to seriously bring the Ghillie Mantle for this work?

just make sure that it will not turn to you before throwing the rock. if you successfully throws the rock without noticing you can pull the lever.

it works for me.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't looking forward to leveling the Rotten region to 6, but would you look at that: a Brute Tigrex event quest popped up this week.

Turns out the arena quests actually were the trigger to unlock investigations. It worked for both xclk07 and me.

Awesome news! I think I'll leave Garuga's just sitting there uncompleted for the time being then. Just give me Silvers and Golds!

EDIT: Oh, didn't catch the first part. Great news about the Brute event too, as I was in the same boat. Rotten is only 2... but I need that Brute body piece.

FYI, Silver and Gold events next week.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
just make sure that it will not turn to you before throwing the rock. if you successfully throws the rock without noticing you can pull the lever.

it works for me.
I'll keep trying to stay hidden.

It's weird that it's only Silver Rathalos that I have problems with. All of the other monsters (even the other Raths) are no issue.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I have a Wild Force III with 330 hidden blast element, I have free element at 100% but I just used it against Namielle and it didn't look that I had blast at all, seemed like regular electric charge to me.

(Charge Blade user).

It looks like that when is free element or something went wrong? Also my elemental damage seemed kinda low to me but I can't remember how much Gama Escudo II does.

FoxJenkins

Dec 12, 2017
Spent all day hunting temp for decos to finish my set and didn't get one tenderizer or critical boost gem.

also hit mr 69 and decided let's unlock level 6 of gl....this mission with the brachy and glave is trash and I don't think I'll ever beat it.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Did Tempered Rajang in GL with randoms last night.

Pretty much Cart-fest (6 cart total with me contributing 1 cart). Thank gog Guiding Lands didn't really punish you for carting. Got 14 Tempered Rajang dong.