• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man Extreme Behemoth is still really tough with MR stuff because the mechanics are just so annoying.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I have a Wild Force III with 330 hidden blast element, I have free element at 100% but I just used it against Namielle and it didn't look that I had blast at all, seemed like regular electric charge to me.

(Charge Blade user).

It looks like that when is free element or something went wrong? Also my elemental damage seemed kinda low to me but I can't remember how much Gama Escudo II does.

You should see the sparkly cloud effects growing darker before a blast effect goes off.

Both weapons are blast and not elemental so you don't see any boost until the effect goes off. It's a big body and the final part hit is where the blast goess off so you may have just missed the damage number pop up if it was moving or a high swing made contact.

The limit for each new blast cap increases exponentially, so after the first 4 or so blasts, especially if you are playing cautious and it decays, you will rarely procs again which can add to the feeling it's not working. Status procs are RNG so it just adds to the feeling.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Got to the final boss and it seemed like a joke compared to Xeno'Jiva. We had a 4p team and were doing well and then all the sudden people kept getting one-shotted left and right and we died 23 mins :(

I don't get it? It seemed like if you just stay behind him at his back legs/tail almost none of his attacks can hit you? So just keep moving and staying at his rear and when he tunnels and appears across watch for the giant explosion ball and dodge it and that's about it?

Only times I had some close calls is when he did a ram and knocked me out from his legs area and then he did a blast while I was getting up. Didn't faint but that got me pretty close and I just used a max potion immediately after so I wouldn't cart for the team.

Will give it one more shot tonight with randoms, would be nice to clear the main story and move into post-game. If we fail though, will ask you guys to help me clear it maybe tomorrow night.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Ok, yeah cleared him with next group. Seemed way easier and more telegraphed than Xeno. I remember in MHW Vanilla having no luck beating Xeno in MP because people kept wiping and ended up just solo-ing it to clear the story. Kinda a fun fight outside the large HP pool.

Ruiner Nerg seemed pretty low HP too. The fight was challenging enough for me but I did it 2p and I swear he went down in like 15 mins whereas the previous MR elder fights were like 25-40 min battles.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Fully elemental specd kinsect with speed attributes can eat a red power slinger ammo and when you send it to attack, you can mash triangle and it will do constant 40-70ish damage based on a 3* weakness monster. The attack speed is pretty nuts and is gunlance level with the easiest safest play possible
LMAO I'm curious enough to try this.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
It's slow, but if you pair it with the lunastra set and the gold Ian set, you will have even the best mantles on almost no cooldown and divine 5 if you do somehow get hit. It's an immortal build basically. You can check out some YouTube videos of it.

It sounds like it haha
As an IG user I've never seen any of my bugs hit close to 70 but I also don't think I've taken a high elemental damage one against something it's weak too.

Just watched this vid, I had no idea the health steal could be that ridiculous on the bug attacks haha. I'm making this stupid thing.

Last edited:

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
It is really surprising that there are still people in low rank in the base game considering the release of the expansion. I just started recently and every time I send an SOS, hunters joined me.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Is it dumb that I'm waiting to fight AT Xeno , I just want to beat him , the rewards are pretty much useless to me.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
You should see the sparkly cloud effects growing darker before a blast effect goes off.

Both weapons are blast and not elemental so you don't see any boost until the effect goes off. It's a big body and the final part hit is where the blast goess off so you may have just missed the damage number pop up if it was moving or a high swing made contact.

The limit for each new blast cap increases exponentially, so after the first 4 or so blasts, especially if you are playing cautious and it decays, you will rarely procs again which can add to the feeling it's not working. Status procs are RNG so it just adds to the feeling.

True, I just used a Zorah's weapon and it did the same effect, I probably got confused with Fire and thought it was a similar effect (I use exclusively elemental weapons so I do use blast a lot but somehow I was just unaware of the effect, go figure).

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
It is really surprising that there are still people in low rank in the base game considering the release of the expansion. I just started recently and every time I send an SOS, hunters joined me.

When you've built everything you wanted, the final part is to show it off and melt things. Helping low rank is a good way to do it and use weapons or builds you may not be comfortable with yet with no risk basically. They were also smart to include a trophy to help low ranks too

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Alrighty, finished the final 2 challenge optionals solo.

God bless that multi monster HP. The rajang LBG is an absolute beast and basically made both a cakewalk of sticky stuns, wyvernheart melting, and wyvern ammo blasts. I can't believe I ever played melee. If it wasn't for that amazing dodge skill/art in generations I might have never joined the bowgun family.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
How do you make Lunastra appear? I'm lvl 97 already and saw an SOS for a lvl 50 optional Lunastra but I didn't want to join in because I haven't seen her in my game yet and I want her there first.

Is it Guiding Lands exclusive? Wildspire lvl 5/6 or something?

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017

Monhun math guy just recently posted video about status ailment.

Blast apparently don't decay and from his Nergigante example (considered average in term of ailment resist), have really low threshold (90) and build up (38). No wonder I got like 10-12 Blast against HR Kushala using HR Teo SnS back on base game months ago.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Monhun math guy just recently posted video about status ailment.

Blast apparently don't decay and from his Nergigante example (considered average in term of ailment resist), have really low threshold (90) and build up (38). No wonder I got like 10-12 Blast against HR Kushala using HR Teo SnS back on base game months ago.

Just saw that video pop up on my feed. I really wish he went into more depth. I want to know the stun values of stickys.

Sep 23, 2019
Finally farmed Goldian enough to craft the entire armor set. This might be my new allround hammer set:

hammerdefaultbuilduxk17.png

Note that the Speed Sharpening 1 on the chest piece is erroneous; it's actually Speed Eating 1, which puts me on Speed Eating 3 in total.

Just feels like a good mix of defense (Divine Blessing, Health Boost, Fortify), offense (Resentment, Partbreaker, Airborne and Affinity Sliding), support (Speed Eating, Constitution, Free Meal) and a weapon that combines great raw with plenty of white sharpness. I didn't include mantles, but I tend to combine Temporal with any of the element proof mantles. The latter usually has both my Tenderizer jewels slotted.

Plus it's easy to make it look good; see the gif I posted above.
Zero Weakness Exploit or Crit Boost ?
Resentment ? Why not Agitator instead ?
What exactly is the purpose of this build ?

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Is it normal that after you beat Ruiner Nergigante for the first time, his armor set doesn't appear at the forge in armor list? Did that fight before the final boss not count because he flies away or something?

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Zero Weakness Exploit or Crit Boost ?
Resentment ? Why not Agitator instead ?
What exactly is the purpose of this build ?

Seriously.

The nerg weapons are capped on sharpness with a ton of white, yet they chose a piece with +2 handicraft that is completely wasted.

What does constitution even get you on a hammer build?

Why roll resentment if you are also running free meal and speed eating all on top of divine blessing? Those 3 skills imply you will be topping health frequently and get no use out of resentment.

It all just very unfocused.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Is it normal that after you beat Ruiner Nergigante for the first time, his armor set doesn't appear at the forge in armor list? Did that fight before the final boss not count because he flies away or something?

Yes. He is the final boss of sorts when you hit MR99. His armor has the highest defense in the game.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Is his move set different than when you fight him in the story at MR20?

Also after you beat him, since he's the final story quests post-game, is there a cutscene, 2nd ending?
Similar to your first fight with Velkhana without the Ice attacks, Ruiner Nergigante is way tougher than in that first encounter.

calloumiii

Sep 14, 2018
I smashed AT Zorah yesterday and got the layered armour, but I didn't realise I was so close to the event quest refresh point. Glad I got it sorted in time. Now I'm hoping I can solo AT Xeno for that layered armour too. I'd also like the layered Drachen armour but I'm kinda intimidated by ExBehemoth. Fighting the normal version was a nightmare back in the day, so the idea of soloing the extreme version makes me very nervous, even with MR gear (I'm guessing the Zin HBG would be the safest option?).

Also capcom pls give me Guard Up and Spread decos. I'm sick of running Urugaan gear.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
I smashed AT Zorah yesterday and got the layered armour, but I didn't realise I was so close to the event quest refresh point. Glad I got it sorted in time. Now I'm hoping I can solo AT Xeno for that layered armour too. I'd also like the layered Drachen armour but I'm kinda intimidated by ExBehemoth. Fighting the normal version was a nightmare back in the day, so the idea of soloing the extreme version makes me very nervous, even with MR gear (I'm guessing the Zin HBG would be the safest option?).

Also capcom pls give me Guard Up and Spread decos. I'm sick of running Urugaan gear.

the new Uragaan stuff looks a lot better than the HR ones..

you can search for armor skills

EDIT
although some will not unlock unless you've beaten the associated enemy ?

2k4Aj9K.png

fV8yZvf.png

calloumiii

Sep 14, 2018
the new Uragaan stuff looks a lot better than the HR ones..

you can search for armor skills

EDIT
although some will not unlock unless you've beaten the associated enemy ?

2k4Aj9K.png

fV8yZvf.png

Sorry, I meant I've been using 2 pieces of the Urugaan set to get the set bonus for Guard Up. I've got enough Ironwall decs to get Guard 5 regardless, but using the Urugaan gear to get the bonus is taking away from other armour I could be using (such as Spread/Power shots). Just having the Spread and Guard Up decs would give me a lot more flexibility.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I meant I've been using 2 pieces of the Urugaan set to get the set bonus for Guard Up. I've got enough Ironwall decs to get Guard 5 regardless, but using the Urugaan gear to get the bonus is taking away from other armour I could be using (such as Spread/Power shots). Just having the Spread and Guard Up decs would give me a lot more flexibility.

oh. You after this jewel... Looks like it's one of those very "rarely dropped". I've never used it but looking at that description I wonder if it works well for Teo/Luna's super blast attacks and Kirin's Lighting strikes...
0GhRnjz.png

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
So, I finished the main story and now in the Guiding Lands. I just spent a bit of time in there wandering around with a mate smashing a few monsters. I gotta say I really enjoyed the more relaxed MMO-style vibe. Looking forward to checking it out more this weekend but my first priority is accessing some new threads, man. I read that some new layered armour was released there which I desperately need.

It reduces your damage by a percentage of the damage you would have taken from the attack (15% at level 1, 30% at level 2, 50% at level 3, 60% at levels 4-5), and activates randomly. It has a 25% chance to activate at all skill levels except level 5 (only achievable with the Gold Rathian set bonus).
I feel it's definitely a random thing kind of like paralysis/stun or sleep where it activates a few times throughout a battle.

sort of like this instance where normally I'd get knocked around by the force and probably faint.

kHSUJWU.gif

Okay yeah I figured there was some funny business involved. Not sure I'm a fan of having damage mitigation behind layers of RNG.

Ivan2Nguyen

Oct 25, 2017
I cleared the new Val Hazack recently and it's unlocked some great looking armor. I took some time to put together a set just for looks and I have to admit it's super tempting to abandon any real forward progression to just fashion hunt for a while. Nothing like taking a 15 hour detour to stall out someone's master class rank.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
You can actually get Scarred Garuga without getting Forest to 6. All Tempered Garugas are scarred, so you just need an Investigation with a Tempered Garuga to unlock it.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Why does this seem to happen right up to when the battle is almost over.. ?

Is the session leader checking the board for quests/investigations and seeing the time spent in the full parties and thinking "oo looks like they just about to wrap the quest up. lets kick them out for a laugh"!

Been getting this a lot in GL too when I'm leader and have a full party just towards the end when the elder is about to bite the dust or when it just flies off and leaves locale..

MbM4oKR.gif

Last edited:

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
You can actually get Scarred Garuga without getting Forest to 6. All Tempered Garugas are scarred, so you just need an Investigation with a Tempered Garuga to unlock it.

I'll check my investigations but I'm pretty sure I don't have a temp Garuga one, anyway I'm almost lvl 6 in the forrest so maybe I'll get it to spawn there.

More important, I'm guessing you get a new monster for leveling up to 5/6 every area?

Coral: Silver Rath
Wildspire: Gold Rath (Lunastra at 5 I guess)
Forrest: Scarred Garuga
Volcanic: ?
Rotten Vale: Brute Tigrex?

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
I'll check my investigations but I'm pretty sure I don't have a temp Garuga one, anyway I'm almost lvl 6 in the forrest so maybe I'll get it to spawn there.

More important, I'm guessing you get a new monster for leveling up to 5/6 every area?

Coral: Silver Rath
Wildspire: Gold Rath (Lunastra at 5 I guess)
Forrest: Scarred Garuga
Volcanic: ?
Rotten Vale: Brute Tigrex?
Rotten is Brute, Volcanic is just Tempered Rajang.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Why does this seem to happen right up to when the battle is almost over.. ?

Is the session leader checking the board for quests/investigations and seeing the time spent in the full parties and thinking "oo looks like they just about to wrap the quest up. lets kick them out for a laugh"!

Been getting this a lot in GL too when I'm leader and have a full party just towards the end when the elder is about to bite the dust or when it just flies off and leaves locale..

MbM4oKR.gif
There's that exploit where people split up when a monster is near death, cap it in their own instance, then rejoin the leader's instance and cap it again. Maybe they're a team of friends and you're just collateral damage? I don't really know how it works though.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
There's that exploit where people split up when a monster is near death, cap it in their own instance, then rejoin the leader's instance and cap it again. Maybe they're a team of friends and you're just collateral damage? I don't really know how it works though.
That doesn't work in normal quests since when you drop or get kicked, it still counts the spot as filled. My guess is they are one of the people who mistakenly believe cap and kill rewards are different, and they wanted to kill instead of cap. Lots of people don't know that the rewards are identical from cap and kill, but cap gets you more rewards.