• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
YoWwrK6.png

It's actually consistently been in the Top 10 since before yesterday (so a couple of days before it even launched), but right now, it is convincingly in first place on Twitch.

Could this be indicative of the series finally breaking out with this game?

Josecitox

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
No, it's just the indicative that it's a new game being played by streamers who play everything that gets released and it's also coop so you're getting groups streaming too.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be the most mainstream for sure, but I'd guess that people are tuning in for the streamer rather than the game itself.

I'd guess Cohh, Lirik, Summit, and all them are streaming it at the moment.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I remember when people were worried that the west was getting a watered down version of Monster Hunter. LOL

This is great for the series though and for Capcom. I hope this success means we'll get Dragon's Dogma 2 someday.

Chindogg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
I'm curious to see if Twitch streams actually lead to sales.

Add to the fact that DBFZ is still unplayable to many right now so I'm hoping MHW is getting the shine it needs.

I remember when people were worried that the west was getting a watered down version of Monster Hunter. LOL

This is great for the series though and for Capcom. I hope this success means we'll get Dragon's Dogma 2 someday.

Eeeeh scout bugs are still stupid as fuck. At least they kept most of the mechanics in place, although I still wonder how more casual players will feel about it being "stiff."

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Wait a couple of weeks and if the game still sits at or near the top, then sure.

Last edited:

Suw4rbox

Alt-Account.
Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Well deserved. Utterly fantastic game, best MH ever. Can't wait to the sales figures on PS4.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Great to see, here's hoping it has some staying power on twitch. Seeing as its a coop focused game, I'd imagine streamers could play with fans alot

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Lirik isn't playing right now. Yes though the big name variety streamers are playing it and that's a big reason why it's listed so high. A PVE game is generally not going to dominate on twitch over the long term but I'm pretty certain this will help sales of Monster Hunter.

PatMan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It will fall after a few days. Fortnite, lol, pubG and cs go can't compete. A Japanese game is never going to stay number one for long.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lirik isn't playing right now. Yes though the big name variety streamers are playing it and that's a big reason why it's listed so high. A PVE game is generally not going to dominate on twitch over the long term but I'm pretty certain this will help sales of Monster Hunter.
PvE games do well on Twitch, they don't usually stay at the top, but they do end up doing well. If MHW can stay near the top for the next few weeks, that's indicative of long term success.

Oct 25, 2017
Thats nice.

If anything, it will give the game a little more exposure to people who don't know about it.

Dont see it lasting long though tbh. Hope im wrong.

Oct 27, 2017
While Twitch is a very fragile statistic, you just have to check Amazon fr/uk/us to see how great MH World has been doing for a while now. The big number of streamers on PS4 is also quite meaningful. De we have some retailers that could comment on the launch in their stores ? I would be really surprised if MH World does not become the most popular MH in the west by a pretty large margin.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I think it's a little too early to say when it's just release day. I do hope it's a success though.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Here's hoping the game delivers big time on the sales front too. The thirst for a proper console MH is real !

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
I've spent a few hours watching it before deciding to buy it this week.

It looks fun as heck, great to see the models and environments finally get an HD makeover. With destiny down int he dumps, it looks like my new go to game for the time being. First hunting action game for me since Soul Sac on the vita years back.

sersteven

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
Meh, this happens with literally every new AAA game. Not surprised the first big PS4 monhun is also there. Lirik alone will get like tens of thousands of viewers on a brand new game.

Honestly, it always irks me that there are fans out there who just watch these streamers play these games for 10+ hours seeing everything about the game. I feel like it would just suck all my excitement out seeing all the interesting stuff on a stream vs. experiencing it. I guess I'm in the minority though, and I'm in no way going to tell other people how they should consume their media.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
I mean.. isnt this the case with every new MAJOR game that top variety streamers want to try out? They'll play it for a week , then it'll drop to second row, then so on.. It'll go even higher today when LIRIKS group gets on. Nothing new here TBH.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, this happens with literally every new AAA game. Not surprised the first big PS4 monhun is also there. Lirik alone will get like tens of thousands of viewers on a brand new game.

Honestly, it always irks me that there are fans out there who just watch these streamers play these games for 10+ hours seeing everything about the game. I feel like it would just suck all my excitement out seeing all the interesting stuff on a stream vs. experiencing it. I guess I'm in the minority though, and I'm in no way going to tell other people how they should consume their media.

It's a generation gap. I also don't get it lol. The most fun I have is with twitch play Pokemon.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
I mean.. isnt this the case with every new MAJOR game that top variety streamers want to try out? They'll play it for a week , then it'll drop to second row, then so on.. It'll go even higher today when LIRIKS group gets on. Nothing new here TBH.

It is. And I'll bet a week from now MHW won't even be in the top 10.
Most people on Twitch just care about the streamer...

NSESN

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I think MHW will drop but I am not sure why people are certain it will completely disappear.