• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenjin

Dec 3, 2017
I think MHW has done a pretty good job with the way MP works in terms of raising the difficulty. Not just more HP for monsters but the fact that people share Faints really makes it a more riskier proposal for SOSing people to help with tough monsters. Tempered Kirin was the first monster where I decided to just solo it after joining other games where people kept getting carts. If they could somehow improve the drop-in drop-out aspect then it would be waaayyyy better.

Shared faints and more hp was always a thing in mp ;)

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
100 hours later I just discovered yesterday there are amulets that improve attack and defense just by carrying them sold by the provisioner and that the defense and attack buffing drinks last until you faint. I have been robbing myself of defense and attack this whole time!!! Any other cant miss items or potions I should be using at the start of every quest?

You can upgrade those items and then purchase them again for added stacks :)

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Elder melder is such a bully. One Pierce deco after 260 turns, then two more within 5 turns some time later lol.

E: yassssssssssssss. I'll fill up the 500 and then post some % data, should be a decent sample size.
sx0GXgK.png

Last edited:

oliverandm

Nov 13, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
Nothing is very intuitive in this game. The learning curve is very tough, and I feel the amount of text tutorials drag on and becomes a barrier to my enjoyment...

However, with that being said, I'm 14 hours in, and I'm actually having a fun time. I have no issues learning patterns of the monster, 'nor have I any problem understanding the use of Hunter's Notes, and using weapons (although I much prefer bow). I find that my laziness revolving around all the tutorials benefit my sense of reward, once I dig into the details a second time.

I seriously feel like I've been cheating myself of this experience, having had MH3U on Wii U but never played it, and likewise I wanted 4GU and Generations but never came around to it.

Newcomers like me should shield themselves with some patience; this is quickly becoming one of my favorite experiences over the past year. Really like it, and I hope my skills keep increasing as time goes by, so that I can perhaps introduce my brother and a friend to this with a little bit of experience to engage them!

TL;DR: Really love this game. Oh, and also thanks to the people in here for tips and tricks!

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Had better luck just farming Tempered Elder Dragons. Mind's Eye was one of the ones I got from them. Elder Melder sucks.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Is there some explanation for this?
We've been discussing the deco sniping stuff yesterday for a bit, just read along: https://www.resetera.com/threads/mo...-cart-team-racing.22774/page-118#post-4815350
It's a bit time consuming (took me about 3 or 4 hours to map out the 500 rolls but can be done much quicker if you don't note all details. I did it because perhaps it helps figuring out an algo or sth) but I now know that I'll have all decos I want soon :)

You could just automate it with Remoteplay and OCR, but I haven't worked with any OCR libs before so it was probably faster just doing it by hand.

Had better luck just farming Tempered Elder Dragons. Mind's Eye was one of the ones I got from them. Elder Melder sucks.
Good for you, I didn't get a single deco I needed from any tempered quest to this very date bar a measly expert one. Elder Melder at least is predictable.

Last edited:

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Honesty, you don't want this game much more difficult than it is, especially if it's the first MW for many. I witnessed enough horror stories already, and it's really not intuitive for a lot of persons. In future DLC / expansions / Gold whatever, they can go nuts, no problem.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Ok, started the game about 2 hours ago.

It's 2018 and they still make games where NPCs constantly yell at you to follow them. And your character is mute despite people having entire conversations with you.

What. :|

Anyway, on a positive note, the roving camera is such a relief after the Worst Camera In Video Game History: Horizon Zero Dawn.

I've only made it to my crappy bedroom and have tried out the katana in training, before shutting the game down for a break. Also managed to edit my guild card which was fun, lots of goofy poses. Looking forward to actually fighting monsters at some point...

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Steel Elder Dragon down, Lynel and the one after to go then done with the main story finally.

Last bit with the steel one was quite hectic lol, windstorms everywhere!

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
145 hours and still no Elder Dragon turf war. I'm just gonna YouTube them.
It takes a while before another Elder Dragon turns up for a turf war, they only turn up for a quick scuffle before disappearing, right after you get the pop up to say they've left the location. Figured that out when one would always turn up near the end of my run when fighting Nergingante then disappear straight after, was taking me about 30 mins to kill him the first few times. To get my captures I basically selected an elder dragon quest from the optional menu then just waited for about 20-30 mins before another showed up then used the challenger mantle to bring them together.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
It takes a while before another Elder Dragon turns up for a turf war, they only turn up for a quick scuffle before disappearing, right after you get the pop up to say they've left the location. Figured that out when one would always turn up near the end of my run when fighting Nergingante then disappear straight after, was taking me about 30 mins to kill him the first few times. To get my captures I basically selected an elder dragon quest from the optional menu then just waited for about 20-30 mins before another showed up then used the challenger mantle to bring them together.

Oh, didn't know you had to wait that long for them. No wonder.

Also, we keep missing out on playing with each other. :(

Oct 26, 2017
And I just discovered Mushroomancer effects stay after swapping armor sets. Which would be nice so I just have to farm 3 mushrooms rather than a lot of things to make potions.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
So I caved in and bought Street Fighter 5 so I can get the Ryu skin. I'll be online tonight at 6:00pm Central if anybody wants to join my team for ticket runs:

PSN: JOSH378

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, didn't know you had to wait that long for them. No wonder.

Also, we keep missing out on playing with each other. :(
I'm online most days in the evening now, usually from 10pm onwards UK time. I've just been playing with randoms last couple days mainly in the Arena to unlock armour. Just hit HR 49 yesterday as well so might need help with Tempered Kirin. :D

So I caved in and bought Street Fighter 5 so I can get the Ryu skin. I'll be online tonight at 6:00pm Central if anybody wants to join my team for ticket runs:

PSN: JOSH378

You could have joined someone else doing the quest, that's what I did to unlock the gear. xD

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I'm online most days in the evening now, usually from 10pm onwards UK time. I've just been playing with randoms last couple days mainly in the Arena to unlock armour. Just hit HR 49 yesterday as well so might need help with Tempered Kirin. :D
Man good luck with that fight. I had help from Ryan in Era squad and I was at my wit's end when we got him down. Such an annoying fight.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017

Haha, I can help but it's a nice challenge solo. I can farm Tempered Kirins now no problem. Got the full set of both Kirin armors. I might get a Kirin weapon. I'm 69 now.

We can do Arena too. I'm farming coins to finish the Brigade set. I have the full set for Guild Cross. Going for the Arena trophy as well.

PhazonBlazer

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I beat the final boss last night and ended up getting 2 gems from it. I feel like I used up all my luck in this game with that.

Thardin

Jan 7, 2018
I'm surprised you didn't hit 49 after finishing the story. Did you skip doing all the optionals? When I finished the story and finished the two post story assignments, I shot up to 52.

You augment at the smithy. Once it's unlocked, you can either augment weaponry or armor. Augmenting armor removes its previous upgrade cap, allowing you to upgrade its DEF further. Augmenting weaponry, however, adds one of five augmentations to the weapon permanently: Attack up, DEF up, Health regen, Additional Jewel Slot, Affinity up.

I only shot up to 28 after finishing the story. Didn't feel the need to grind out so much early on when I knew the end game would be a grind. Mixing in the optional quests here and there to mix it up.

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nearly beat that Teostra.... 1 cart left....
This is gonna be tense will just abuse the sleep trick + vitality mantle.

Dragon Pierce his face!

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
So I just moved into high rank. I made all of the elder dragon guys armor by doing the cannon quest a few times. I also made his long sword with blast on it. This good stuff to start my high rank hunts with? I use like 5 weapon types so I will eventually make other weapons on other paths, but I don't want to show up under equipped for online stuff.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
So I just moved into high rank. I made all of the elder dragon guys armor by doing the cannon quest a few times. I also made his long sword with blast on it. This good stuff to start my high rank hunts with? I use like 5 weapon types so I will eventually make other weapons on other paths, but I don't want to show up under equipped for online stuff.

Make whatever you like or looks good. Everything is viable. When you're online, you might just end up with guys who do the whole min/max builds anyway. I noticed so many in my games.

Oct 27, 2017
Started with sword and shield, then switched to dual blades. Wanted to try a sword, so i switched to what i thought was the sword lol but actually was the great sword haha.

Looking to switch again....want something with more control, and some defensive abilities too. Should i try the sword, or should i go for the Lance?

Deleted member 19767

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Started with sword and shield, then switched to dual blades. Wanted to try a sword, so i switched to what i thought was the sword lol but actually was the great sword haha.

Looking to switch again....want something with more control, and some defensive abilities too. Should i try the sword, or should i go for the Lance?

The great sword is alot of fun. The moveset is simple but there's alot of depth in learning how/when to tackle and when to charge your attacks. It's guard is also quick and will protect you from 95% of everything.

Most importantly, its really fun to use. Dropping a true charge slash is always solid and sends monsters reeling.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Do I have to defeat Nergigante to unlock HR Ratholos? Haven't got any options or investigations, and even when I search for an SOS nothing appears? I have 7* quests unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.