• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Shelling isn't effected by crit whatsoever. And yes, the damage increase is pretty significant from level 3 to 4. Increases to a shells damage is pretty tough to come by, which is why Artillery is so important.

So artillery is the only way to boost damage of shelling right? There is no skill on the game that can boost shelling one level up?

What about warmstake? Is this affected by crit ar artillery? Or maybe by neither of them?

Man I really love my Jarg gunlance 1x lvl 3 and 2x lvl2 dec slots are awesome. I might actualy reroll lvl 2 grm slot for extra damage and leave it at lvl 1 cause artillery is only lvl 1 gem.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So artillery is the only way to boost damage of shelling right? There is no skill on the game that can boost shelling one level up?

What about warmstake? Is this affected by crit ar artillery? Or maybe by neither of them?
Just a heads up but theres a skill in the game that gives you +1 shells, which is really nice extra damage. It's on the Dodogama legs. I wish I'd get a jewel with it instead but..yeah. Not gonna happen I guess lol.

Oct 28, 2017
Not really related to MH World in any fashion, but I've been thinking about buying XX on Switch.
Is it actually doable for someone that doesn't know any Japanese?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Can you post your HH build please? I've been using some variation of a Hammer build with Diablo pieces for slugger and the rest focusing on offense but I'm not really enjoying it.

For what it's worth, I'm using the final Bazel horn and the Dodogama horn. I decided to save my mats for DBs before going back to finish more hunting horns.

Here's my absolute favorite Hunting Horn Build. I use this one when playing in a group however, when soloing I drop all the friendship stuff for attack focused things;

Desolations Overture
Lavasioth Helm b
Vaal Hazak Mail b
Vaal Hazak Braces b
Vaal Hazak Coil b
Kushala Crus b
Gluttons Charm III
Decorations used, Recovery Jewel 1, Sonorous Jewel 1, Sheath Jewel 1, Steadfast Jewel 1 x 3, Friendship Jewel 1 x 5, Jumping Jewel 2.

Abilities granted Wide Range 5, stun resist 3, evade extender 3 , speed eating 3, peak performance 2, quick sheath 2, fire attack 1(unnecessary, just on a cool looking helmet), horn maestro.

This is the ultimate team up horn, because not only am I playing songs for ear plugs and affinty up to my group, but I'm also able to heal everyone like crazy and give them attack and defense buffs through demon/armor drugs too. Having quick sheath let's me put my weapon away for the quick heals. If I see anyone take a big hit I can get a mega potion to them immediately. Really awesome to help out in such a way. I think this is one of the best support builds in the game.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

Man I really love my Jarg gunlance 1x lvl 3 and 2x lvl2 dec slots are awesome. I might actualy reroll lvl 2 grm slot for extra damage and leave it at lvl 1 cause artillery is only lvl 1 gem.

Artillery is pretty much it, however, there is a meal ability called Feline Bombardier that actually increases the shells damage as well. It's not by much, but it is something to possibly go for.

Wyrmstake is just affected by the shellings level. No crit at all. I actually don't think artillery changes its damage either. Artillery is awesome as a decoration because it only takes up 1 tiny slot, but it is a rarity 8 jewel, so.... lucky to have it!

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Oh was that you? I should really use my headset more while playing online.

Heh no worries, I don't use one and I have everyone automatically on mute anyway.

That palico name though. I kicked myself when I saw it and didn't think of it when naming my cat.

Here's my absolute favorite Hunting Horn Build. I use this one when playing in a group however, when soloing I drop all the friendship stuff for attack focused things;

Desolations Overture
Lavasioth Helm b
Vaal Hazak Mail b
Vaal Hazak Braces b
Vaal Hazak Coil b
Kushala Crus b
Gluttons Charm III
Decorations used, Recovery Jewel 1, Sonorous Jewel 1, Sheath Jewel 1, Steadfast Jewel 1 x 3, Friendship Jewel 1 x 5, Jumping Jewel 2.

Abilities granted Wide Range 5, stun resist 3, evade extender 3 , speed eating 3, peak performance 2, quick sheath 2, fire attack 1(unnecessary, just on a cool looking helmet), horn maestro.

This is the ultimate team up horn, because not only am I playing songs for ear plugs and affinty up to my group, but I'm also able to heal everyone like crazy and give them attack and defense buffs through demon/armor drugs too. Having quick sheath let's me put my weapon away for the quick heals. If I see anyone take a big hit I can get a mega potion to them immediately. Really awesome to help out in such a way. I think this is one of the best support builds in the game.

There's so much friendship there :o

I'm definitely saving this build till I get those friendship jewels (I actually have zero :l ) This seems more like what I was expecting of playing a support role than the hit and miss song playing while trying to hit the head lol

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone available to possibly help me farm nerg tails? I only use hammer and haven't been able to be matched up with anyone able to get one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Got a hammer set, bow set, and Lance set.. Now I need an actual end game set for my main weapon DBs, lmao. Anyone got suggestions? I'm still rocking the odo armor for them.

I'd also take any IG builds, I need to use that baby more often.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
Farming Kushala is torture. Even with flash pods, the fight takes so fucking long. It's not difficult, it's just tedious. Doesn't help I've gotten all of 0 horns after killing him... five times?

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
So my first attempt at Nergigante, which was a straight up kill after SOSing and getting three others...

Gem
Plate x 3
Horn+
Immortal Dragonscale+ x 3
Carapace+ x 2
Talon x 2
High Commendation
Advanced Armor Sphere x 2
Elder dragon bone x 2
Specimen diamond thing

So uh, in terms of Monster Hunter, how lucky am I?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I wish there was a coating capacity up skill.

Did some tempered Barroth and got a 2 star weakness decoration. Noice!

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Got to play with Sunhi

Had to make sure my A game was on

I don't know why I'm probably not better than your average player xD
Only played one quest though and wasn't recording or anything, but I'll be playing more regular, all my captures are of solo mode, want to see if I can get some footage from online hunts. :)

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
What is considered the best lbg in the game? After 130+ hours of SA I wanna try something ranged.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
WyKgIAa.gif

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
haha, I'm glad you got it!!!
I have to go now but before that I gotta as before I forget to do so: What do you prefer for your gunlance build in general in terms of skills?

I'm going for earplugs and guard atm but can only manage one of them at lvl 5 (the other is 4)
Handicraft would be neat as well I guess but I'd rather just put some speed sharpening jewels in my gear lol...
So far I'm going for the Bazel head and chest (+2 earplugs and +2 guard), the high metal coil for the +1 capacity, and Uragaan legs and arms for more guard.
Is the guard jewel level 2 or 3? If it's level 2 I can put them into the Uragaan arms and still go for a level 3 slot in the legs for the last earplug.
Also sucks that I can't go for the Uragaan setbonus but I don't want to waste the +1 capacity and I don't really need partbreaker either. The headgear just sucks lol.

Also which gunlances besides the Pink Rath would you recommend? I'm looking at Bazel and Kushala Daora at the moment. Xeno has the 2 lvl 3 slots which is pretty neat as well I guess.
Yeah you right, It's cap boost. I have to check if I have it.
High Metal coil has it as well. I'd go for that because there are some really good legs I wouldn't miss out on. Either handicraft +2 or guard +2. (Also you don't have to use a wyvern gem lol)

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
How many High Rank Legiana's do I have to capture to get some high rank Legiana investigations.

Or do I need to be HR 13?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Done the Xeno quest again. Funny how much easier it becomes when you know what to expect. Also, dragon pierce is awesome because of how long Xeno is.

Pretty much have all of my bows near the end rank. Need so many gems etc.

Valus

Nov 21, 2017
I don't know why I'm probably not better than your average player xD
Only played one quest though and wasn't recording or anything, but I'll be playing more regular, all my captures are of solo mode, want to see if I can get some footage from online hunts. :)
While we were playing my wife asked me to hand her something and I was like "I can't, I'm playing with a celebrity!!"

Was fun even though it was one round. Let's play again sometime!

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Also, if I search for SOS Flares while in a squad room, does it only show squad room results?

LuckyDoobage

Oct 27, 2017
Is there still room in the ERA clan? I'm on quite often and have trouble matchmaking for tempered hunts :( ...

Psn LuckyDoobage

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I was looking at the weapon workshop longsword and it has high elderseal but it's written in grey. Does that mean you need free element to get the elderseal as well as the dragon damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.