• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MildSoss

Oct 25, 2017
So what is the point of Warrior stream stones dropping from tempered elder dragons? By that time they're practically useless unless i'm missing some thing.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So what is the point of Warrior stream stones dropping from tempered elder dragons? By that time they're practically useless unless i'm missing some thing.
Well for a lot of weapons trees the rare 6 and rare 7 end game weapons are better than the rare 8 ones. For example for CB you want the Diablos CB over every other CB.

MillionStabs

Jan 11, 2018
Ok seriously, whats the deal with stun? No way to increase resistance to it? Tired of getting carted by Black Diablos after being stunned in one move

Does the endgame consist of getting 3 odogaron plates in one run but no gem since 15 tries ?(I needed 69 tries for the last one, mind you)
This is getting ridiculous.
Edit: Scratch that. It was 4 plates. Forgot the one I got from the tail.
-.-
Basically yeah, I've farmed Bazel 12 times trying to get a gem and nothing but I can get Wyvern gems out the ass

Zing

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
God damn, Xeno is the worst fight in the game for me right now, second time I ran out of time. It's just so frustrating, most of the fight is spent just trying to get near him to attack, I can't get any significant hits on the damn monster before it moves off, constantly chasing the whole fight, it's so bad.

Using Lance, I basically poke his jaw, feet, or tail for the entire fight. :D

I can honestly say that these damn "Phantom Birds" can go straight to hell. I've been zoning in and out for a good two hours and still nothing, nothing else in this game has taken this long to get.

That's what you get for using online guides! Ignorance is bliss.

Wow, that sucks. I have not been capturing anything. -_-

Capturing gives additional rewards, and can also give you parts that normally require breaking. You should always be capturing.

What do the different "Completed" box colors mean for Optional quests (blue/red)?

This simply must be the most often asked question here. Someone should tally it between the two threads. I'm sure we are over 100 times now. :)

It finally happened, after 100h+ I pressed that pointless [sell all] button when I just wanted to close a dialog. RIP 1200pts, a bunch of garbage gems and my gleaming streamstone.

Why does it even exist anyway? Selling everything on a loot screen is always the worst option.

I use that hitting every time, but I can see how someone might never use it and just collect everything for sale later.

Quick, kind of silly question - do expeditions or arena quests raise your Hunter Rank?
I'm stuck at 49 for now and can't tell myself.

You need to complete the assigned quest to advance.

This is why I am taking my time, as said before I'm @ HR14 with 136 hours. Still have a couple new monsters since I just beat Nerg for the first time.

That will probably take me to 200hours then I can see the endgame grind breaking me or it's just time to play something else :p

but then again I said that about Nioh like 100 hours in and put another 200 hours into it just grinding/farming O.o

Same here for me on both counts. I took it slow and enjoyed the first 100 hours in low rank. I hit 200 hours recently and am still going strong. Like you said, I figured I would quit, but I keep on going and it's still fun.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
I like how I was so worried about the double bagel fight, meanwhile I murdered both of them without getting hit once lol.

Was farming Vaal for the bow and got like 8 gems in 4 kills, yet can't get any gems I actually want.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
5lgFHFe.jpg

Oh.. Oh dear. This may have been a mistake.
MHXX? Yeah, kinda :p

MochaD124

Oct 25, 2017
Ok seriously, whats the deal with stun? No way to increase resistance to it? Tired of getting carted by Black Diablos after being stunned in one move

There is a stun resistance skill that negates stuns entirely at level 3, the tzitzi yaku arms have 2 points. Alternatively, you can bring the horn gadget for your palico when solo which has a negate stun buff.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

s

Get yourself some stun resistance. I never leave home without it. It's the #1 death sentence. Barroth Greaves b are great for this, gives you Stun resistance level 1 and still leaves 2 decoration slots open. Or as mentioned above, Tzitzi Vambraces b, stun resistance level 2 and 1 empty slot. Just equip both of those pieces of gear and you won't even need to find the stun resist gems.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
OK, Xeno fight is so much better when fighting with others and using the dual blades instead, went through 5 fights in about an hour. Needed 3 horns though and was only able to get 1, did get a gem on every run but there's nothing I want using them, I need horns.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
How do people feel about player stun? I've always agreed with the idea behind it but the implementation couldn't be worse. I was hoping this would be one of the mechanics that was reassessed in World but I'm bummed it's as ill-conceived as ever. It's really harmful to new players.

Adding a counterbalance to being able to constantly take greedy hits or trades and fully healing in a matter of seconds is probably a good idea, but tying it to a invisible threshold is real bad. Is there an element of randomness too? Either way, if they insist on keeping it, we need a UI element so players can make informed decisions about when to disengage. That and getting stunned the second time you take damage in a hunt is just way too much.

MillionStabs

Jan 11, 2018
How do people feel about player stun? I've always agreed with the idea behind it but the implementation couldn't be worse. I was hoping this would be one of the mechanics that was reassessed in World but I'm bummed it's as ill-conceived as ever. It's really harmful to new players.

Adding a counterbalance to being able to constantly take greedy hits or trades and fully healing in a matter of seconds is probably a good idea, but tying it to a invisible threshold is real bad. Is there an element of randomness too? Either way, if they insist on keeping it, we need a UI element so players can make informed decisions about when to disengage. That and getting stunned the second time you take damage in a hunt is just way too much.
Either implement it as a visible number we can see in equipment stats, or make it a flat number basis. I.e. getting hit Y times over X amount of time will result in a stun. Don't leave that shit hidden

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zing My son likes the death scenes, so I always hunt. In MHT I captured everything, but things change! I also don't really need much in the game aside from decorations. They made farming so easy in this game. Just do the weekly limited hunts and anything you want is yours. I don't think I've needed to farm a single thing in this game.

Oct 25, 2017
You need to complete the assigned quest to advance.
Your hunter rank will be locked at 49 until you beat the assigned tempered Kirin quest
Wow, I just realized I worded my question super poorly.

I know I'm stuck at 49 and that's okay, because I know the game is still keeping tabs of my actual rank.

I just need to know if expeditions and/or arena quests increase Hunter Rank.
I'm hunting with someone and don't want to jump too far ahead in HR. Once we finish the Tempered Kirin quest I don't want to suddenly be 10 ranks ahead.

DonaldKimball

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, I just realized I worded my question super poorly.

I know I'm stuck at 49 and that's okay, because I know the game is still keeping tabs of my actual rank.

I just need to know if expeditions and/or arena quests increase Hunter Rank.
I'm hunting with someone and don't want to jump too far ahead in HR. Once we finish the Tempered Kirin quest I don't want to suddenly be 10 ranks ahead.

im pretty sure expeditions/arena does not increase hr

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Basically yeah, I've farmed Bazel 12 times trying to get a gem and nothing but I can get Wyvern gems out the ass
The best thing is looking at all the stuff I wanna craft and I need like 4 Teostra gems. Didn't get one so far lol. Odogaron at least dies in 5 minutes....

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whats a good bow set? I unlocked gems that increase spread damge and charge so planning on making a bow build since I can't get anything for GS.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Why cant i see other players on the base Astera? I could do that when i first arrived there but not anymore. And a friend can but i cant
You can only see other players in your game when you're in the gathering hub
Whats a good bow set? I unlocked gems that increase spread damge and charge so planning on making a bow build since I can't get anything for GS.
I haven't played much with the bow but constitution and evade extender seem like they would be good

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017

Stun (and Tremor...) in World is much much worse than in previous games. It seems like the gap between hit to stun you is much longer (seems like the Stun status decayed slower for the hunters). You get hit, run abit/drink potion, get hit, and still get stunned.

Oh and Black Diablos homing charge is guaranteed stun...

Why cant i see other players on the base Astera? I could do that when i first arrived there but not anymore. And a friend can but i cant

A reason I keep mentioned is because Astera changed over the course of the game, so different players have different Astera, whereas Gathering Hub is static.

World feels much less social than the 3DS titles because no one use Gathering Hub (150hours only see other players in GH in Arena sessions...), I hope they address this issue by allowing players to come back to GH after quests and put all facility (workshop, botany, bounty) to GH. Though I guess its already too late :(

I feel bad for the Hub lasses, they are better than the Handler :(

Not a Bow player, but lots of Bow build guide mentioned Constitution. Maybe Special Ammo Boost for Dragonpiercer damage boost ?

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Man this quest was a giant pain in the ass to speedrun due to monster movement timing and Legiana glitching out on the platforms constantly, but the MH gods blessed me with a free dunk on Legiana and I was able to capitalize and come out with a really fast time ~30 seconds faster than my other saved recordings!

Jester37

Oct 25, 2017
Man this quest was a giant pain in the ass to speedrun due to monster movement timing and Legiana glitching out on the platforms constantly, but the MH gods blessed me with a free dunk on Legiana and I was able to capitalize and come out with a really fast time ~30 seconds faster than my other saved recordings!

Yo, this is some good shit right here! Amazing run.

arkay

Nov 8, 2017
Well for a lot of weapons trees the rare 6 and rare 7 end game weapons are better than the rare 8 ones. For example for CB you want the Diablos CB over every other CB.

I've been using the Diablos Tyrannis II CB and I know it has the highest damage output but not feeling how it looks. I heard the Nergigante CB is the second best one (and it looks better) so I'm going for that now. It has a high Elderseal too which I think is useful for fighting Elder Dragons?

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017

Impressive. Might I inquire as to what your build is?

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I have slugger rank 3 on my hammer build but it seems like I'm never getting knockouts. Am I better off just maximizing attack boost instead?

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of at a cross-roads of what to do now. I got my full Rathalos set and Azure blade, I've beat Nergigante. Not sure if I'm ready for Elder Dragons.

Should I just clear up all of my optionals? Might reassess my set to see if any Nergigante stuff beats Rathalos and farm him, luckily I got his gem on my first fight with him.

How many more new monsters are left after Nergigante? Not colour/tempered, like legit new monsters? I'm assuming after the next 3/4 then the entire upgrade tree will be open right with no more ?????s

lionpants

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is there any way to see what the max skill level is for each jewel in the melder screen? I want to get rid of excess ones but want to keep enough incase I want to max a skill.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing SnS all day and I think I know understand hammerbros now. So satisfying hitting a monster in the face with the shield. I can only imagine doing it with the hammer is even more satisfying.

Oct 26, 2017
Good lord is this game addictive. Have been playing it from 1 in the afternoon till now and thanks to this game I really don't feel like playing anything else, it's crazy, haha. Awesome game.

A friend today told me something I hadn't really noticed before but he's right. Several creatures look a lot like each other. Take Tobi Kadachi for example and then look at Odogaron, their bodies look very very similar, it's the head that is different.

Take Pukei Pukei and then look at Paolumu, again very similar body but vastly different head. Great Jagras and that one monster in Elder's recess, similar body, different head. It doesn't ruin the game by any means though, but he definitely has a point. Hope dlc monsters will look vastly different.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good lord is this game addictive. Have been playing it from 1 in the afternoon till now and thanks to this game I really don't feel like playing anything else, it's crazy, haha. Awesome game.

A friend today told me something I hadn't really noticed before but he's right. Several creatures look a lot like each other. Take Tobi Kadachi for example and then look at Odogaron, their bodies look very very similar, it's the head that is different.

Take Pukei Pukei and then look at Paolumu, again very similar body but vastly different head. Great Jagras and that one monster in Elder's recess, similar body, different head. It doesn't ruin the game by any means though, but he definitely has a point. Hope dlc monsters will look vastly different.
odogoran doesnt look like tobi kadachi wtf

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017

Monsters in the same type (Flying wyvern, brute wyvern, etc.) have some shared animations like flinching animations and behavior when you mount them. Thankfully, recent Monster Hunter games give monsters of the same type different movesets and gimmicks. For example, Zamtrios and Tetsucabra introduced in 4U are both, uh, toad wyverns or whatever, but one is a land shark that inflates itself and one is a giant toad that smashes boulders on you with its tusks. The farther you go back in the series, the more the monsters, even between types, share moves and lack many distinguishing characteristics.

odogoran doesnt look like tobi kadachi wtf
They don't really look similar at first glance, but their body structure or skeleton looks similar. Perhaps they're close to each other on the Monster Hunter phylogenetic tree of life.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Monsters in the same type (Flying wyvern, brute wyvern, etc.) have some shared animations like flinching animations and behavior when you mount them. Thankfully, recent Monster Hunter games give monsters of the same type different movesets and gimmicks. For example, Zamtrios and Tetsucabra introduced in 4U are both, uh, toad wyverns or whatever, but one is a land shark that inflates itself and one is a giant toad that smashes boulders on you with its tusks. The farther you go back in the series, the more the monsters, even between types, share moves and lack many distinguishing characteristics.
4th gen had a lot of cool monsters. Seltas Queen and Zamtrios stand out

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
4th gen had a lot of cool monsters. Seltas Queen and Zamtrios stand out
Yeah IMO the series' monster design has steadily gotten better and more varied over time, maybe with the exception of this game. Still not sure how much I like a lot of the new monsters in World.

I liked that 4U introduced a lot of one of a kind monsters, like Nerscylla, Najarala, Seltas and Seltas Queen. But really, it's unique gimmicks and movesets that are the big deal for me. I don't mind that Jho and Brachy have the same body type when they're so different in so many other meaningful ways.

One is blue, one is red.

I don't understand how you can confuse them O.o
He didn't say he was having trouble telling them apart. He was noticing their skeletons/body structure are very similar, which they are.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of at a cross-roads of what to do now. I got my full Rathalos set and Azure blade, I've beat Nergigante. Not sure if I'm ready for Elder Dragons.

Should I just clear up all of my optionals? Might reassess my set to see if any Nergigante stuff beats Rathalos and farm him, luckily I got his gem on my first fight with him.

How many more new monsters are left after Nergigante? Not colour/tempered, like legit new monsters? I'm assuming after the next 3/4 then the entire upgrade tree will be open right with no more ?????s
I've beaten all elder dragons with the first Zorah longsword and 4 odogaron/1 zorah head piece for armor. You should be fine

Oct 26, 2017

They don't really look similar at first glance, but their body structure or skeleton looks similar. Perhaps they're close to each other on the Monster Hunter phylogenetic tree of life.

Ah I had no idea. World is really my very first one that I have properly played. But that definitely is an improvement over the previous games for sure then. Overall I really love the monster designs and it's incredibly hard to pick a favorite (so far) but there's just something about Paolumu and the incredibly cranky look on his face that makes him so goddamn funny to me.

And I just love Kulu Ya Ku. If you don't hurt him he will be friendly towards you as well, and he'll just go about his business. Of course I have to hunt him for some great materials but sometimes I wish I didn't have to, he's just great. Those little things he does, digging up rocks or eggs, yeah I just love it. Amazing animations too.

Abylim

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 29, 2017
270 hours in and only three hero streamstones. None for my bow or long sword ofcourse. This is ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.