• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Ok can someone help me out here...How do I get weapon aug streamstones? Are they just extraordinarily rare?
My Method:
Tempered Tier 2 and 3 investigations all god damned day.
Odogaron (11), Pink Rathian (5), Azure Rathalos (6), and all the elder dragons (15).

Results:
3 warrior's streamstones and 1 Hero's streamstone

My decoration situation is looking really nice but I REALLY want to augment a couple weapons.

My Hero's Streamstone was for Swords so I can aug my Bazel LS or I can make something else. Is there a "best" rarity 8 Longsword? I'm not burning this on a greatsword because I'm terrible with that thing. And if the Bazel one is reasonable should I go Attack or Affinity (it would negate it's 10% penalty)?

They're very rare. Just RNG. You need to get them from Tempered Investigations.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
With my current Great Sword set I can either go with Weakness Exploit 3 and Handicraft 3, or Weakness Exploit 2 and Handicraft 4.

If i'm using Leviathan's Fury, should I prioritize Weakness Exploit over all else, or the extra white sharpness?

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Me, helping people last night with HR29 Assigned Quest SOS:

gClKbv8vkUi0R1gjpY5m2PrA-yg=.gif

That's how I feel when I either answer an SOS or when I send out an SOS and see everyone except me getting carted.

AdamKoy

Oct 28, 2017
Well, I've had really bad luck with streamstone and jewel drops so far, but my luck just may be changing. I just found the Downy Crake and Prism Hercudrome on the same expedition on my first try after getting the quest. Time to farm some tempered elders while I'm hot!!!

SLB1904

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yup, Shoka, sorry I got carted if that was your investigation. Was getting wombo combo'd like crazy off of roar so I just started flash bombing like crazy lol

Ha ha ha yeah I saw you dying I was trying to get the healing powder to help but I didn't made in time lol
But at least mission accomplished
Now I can hunt something else lol

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man I love my gunlance build but those stats...
-5 water
-8 thunder
-5 ice
-8 dragon

+14 fire tho so...yay? xD

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As long as it still hits hard.
I got artillary+3 on a normal shelling 4 weapon with 6 shells and the food buff so...yeah :P
Also level 4 guard. Should be ok.
Only thing that sucks is that need 3 wyvern gems to upgrade all of the armor.
And I still need that capacity gem so I don't have to wear that dumb high metal coil.
And a guard gem for lvl 5 guard. How damn rare are those lol...

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Encountered Diablos for the first time during a Wildspire Wastes expedition. I... wasn't quite ready to face him, to put it lightly.

The Great Girros I ran into in the Rotten Vale, on the other hand, went down almost disappointingly easy. I only wish the Girros Mask would also show up as a plague doctor beak on women.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I need like hardcore money now lol. Are there any good methods to get large sums of cash quickly in HR? Farming Hornetaurs and Might Seeds are not going to cut it lol.

Also is there any pieces in the Xeno set where it's better to get the Beta version over the Alpha, or vice versa? Especially for a Bow or LS user? I still don't have very good decos so I've been mainly using alpha sets for the time being. I assume you get better decos from tempered monsters but I'm just not ready for them yet.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I need like hardcore money now lol. Are there any good methods to get large sums of cash quickly in HR? Farming Hornetaurs and Might Seeds are not going to cut it lol.

Also is there any pieces in the Xeno set where it's better to get the Beta version over the Alpha, or vice versa? Especially for a Bow or LS user? I still don't have very good decos so I've been mainly using alpha sets for the time being. I assume you get better decos from tempered monsters but I'm just not ready for them yet.

Bandit mantle is easy farming for money.

Also sell mats you don't need. You'll be surprised how much money you can get from them.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man this was the first Odogaron in like 100 tries where I didn't go in it for the gem and I get not only that but a fucking Dragoncore Ore. The fuck.

Oct 26, 2017

In addition to what LiK said set your Argosy to bring back trade in items. Sometimes brings back some really expensive items.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks guys. Trade ins are by far my best source for money, just wasn't sure if there was anything else I could be doing.

What about the Xeno armor question? Is there any pieces where it's better to get the beta version over the alpha or vice versa? For a Bow/ LS user?

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Just sell off a bunch of parts you aren't using, there's bound to be a lot that you don't need at the moment.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Can we have a PSA for everyone to please send out guild cards on a quest (once the monster leaves the area) or in a room (basically at any time)..
I've joined a ton of rooms and have sent out my cards to anyone I can on quests and I've got a measly 10 so far. 4 of them from my friends.

I don't like that they're in about 4 different menus you have to go through to send, but maybe people just don't know you can send them?

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I'm still not sure if the HBG is really worth using, between the LBG's rapid fire and those critdraw dragon piercer bows it seems like a rather ineffective take on ranged combat. I mean, I beat the game with it but I wonder if the bow wouldn't have been easier.

Among horns I think I prefer the Nerg horn still, earplugs just feel very effective for both attack and defense even in comparison to things like Attack XL.

BTW, does non-elemental only consider the five elements or all status effects?

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Software developement is time consuming. so bug fixes have to be done quick, but improvements in the long run should take more time (and don't forget the certification process by sony and microsoft ... ). I have my fingers crossed too, but they shouldn't rush anything ... I played for over 230h in 4 weeks ... that's more than I was at work O_o ... it also was more fun. What I try to say is ... be patient :)

You're definitely right about that. I should also realize MHW has only been out for about a month.

Thanks guys. Trade ins are by far my best source for money, just wasn't sure if there was anything else I could be doing.

What about the Xeno armor question? Is there any pieces where it's better to get the beta version over the alpha or vice versa? For a Bow/ LS user?

For LS, only way to get power prolonger 3 is by getting the Xeno'jiiva Spurs Alpha as it has power prolonger 1 as a sub skill and not the primary. In regards to Bow, it doesn't really matter.

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Can we have a PSA for everyone to please send out guild cards on a quest (once the monster leaves the area) or in a room (basically at any time)..
I've joined a ton of rooms and have sent out my cards to anyone I can on quests and I've got a measly 10 so far. 4 of them from my friends.

I don't like that they're in about 4 different menus you have to go through to send, but maybe people just don't know you can send them?
Hmmm. I have 90/100 guild cards. What I did was send out cards every time I joined a lobby. Usually got 3-4 each round.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
Finally decided to fight Nergigante and it was a great fight, pretty fun, much like Diablos and BD, they always call out attacks and are easy to get out of the way but quite punishing, surprisingly I wasn't dying and it was instead the randoms that joined, so at this point damn Rathian and Rathalos are the biggest problem for me, can't stop dying on those.

I think I'm only missing to unlock like 3 sets? the ones for the other dragons that I must hunt, but something that makes my head spin is that I have no idea what gear to use, I'm one of those who hate choices and rather have the one true set lol, anyone with good sets for a SnS user that uses Bow for flying enemies? I do love evade roll so I guess I need Evade skills but no clue about the rest, been using Odogaron set this whole time.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally decided to fight Nergigante and it was a great fight, pretty fun, much like Diablos and BD, they always call out attacks and are easy to get out of the way but quite punishing, surprisingly I wasn't dying and it was instead the randoms that joined, so at this point damn Rathian and Rathalos are the biggest problem for me, can't stop dying on those.

I think I'm only missing to unlock like 3 sets? the ones for the other dragons that I must hunt, but something that makes my head spin is that I have no idea what gear to use, I'm one of those who hate choices and rather have the one true set lol, anyone with good sets for a SnS user that uses Bow for flying enemies? I do love evade roll so I guess I need Evade skills but no clue about the rest, been using Odogaron set this whole time.
Odogaron is fine. It will carry through the end game even.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
:/ sucks... Seems to be called Ironwall and is rarity 7 and only takes up one slot.
It's funny because I got 2 rarity 8 gems but no rarity 7 one lol....
I've got like 5 spread jewels and they're allegedly rarity 8. And now that I have HG earplugs I'm fuckin showering in earplug jewels. The RNG in this game is definitely classic fucking Monster Hunter.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not had chance to play for a few days. Jumped back in for the Tempered Double Bagel and it was pretty easy with bow. Especially since bagels hate other bagels. Also did another Kirin and the 5 monster wastes missions. Not to bad. HR 39 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.