• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, just randomly got the last deco I needed to complete the collection :D
Just in time for the stream!

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017

male armor looks sick af. Female armor simultaneously manages to be boring and over-sexualized (the helmets they get are laughable)

Last edited:

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
So glad all event quests will be available during the spring update. Time to get the ancient forest ones I missed.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is it too late for Aloy's Bow? If so, have previous games done rereleases for these kind of events?

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was wondering how cool/useful that would be. It's like the only "interesting" decoration I've come across so far (still pre-tempered elders).
It's just cool to block his beam and aoe puke entirely. In the case of the beam it's not as useful because most of the time you run to his face while he charges up anyway, but blocking the aoe cloud is awsome because you can go in one second later instead of running away for 5 seconds and then running back in.
Also really useful to block teostras supernova when nobody managed to flash him or Nergs dive. Too bad that doesn't protect your teammates though lol.

Last edited:

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
March 22nd is Jhotime

Lots of changes coming with the Jho update. Weapon rebalancing, "Return to Gathering Hall" as an option at the end of a quest, measures to prevent carve griefing etc

Gender swap DLC (paid later on, free trial) is also coming

Very interesting stuff. I have not played with all the weapons yet. In curious about the changes that will be made.

What's carve griefing?

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
March 22nd is Jhotime

Lots of changes coming with the Jho update. Weapon rebalancing, "Return to Gathering Hall" as an option at the end of a quest, measures to prevent carve griefing etc

Gender swap DLC (paid later on, free trial) is also coming

Gender swap DLC? It would suck to pay but I wanna wear some of the male helms on my lady.

Very interesting stuff. I have not played with all the weapons yet. In curious about the changes that will be made.

What's carve griefing?

After the hunt is over and you don't have the Flinch Free skill, when you try to carve, some players would hit you and knock you outta it so you never get your carves.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017

What's carve griefing?

Hitting people out of the animation while they are trying to carve a monster at the end of a quest in order to prevent them from getting loot. I've never once had this happen to me in hundreds if not thousands of hours playing MH but I guess it came up more in MHW due to people playing with randoms more often.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Hitting people out of the animation while they are trying to carve a monster at the end of a quest in order to prevent them from getting loot. I've never once had this happen to me in hundreds if not thousands of hours playing MH but I guess it came up more in MHW due to people playing with randoms more often.

Yea, I'm like 220 hours now and never had it happen to me. Saw clips online and it's pretty shitty.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
It's just cool to block his beam and aoe puke entirely. In the case of the beam it's not as useful because most of the time you run to his face while he charges up anyway, but blocking the aoe cloud is awsome because you can go in one second later instead of running away for 5 seconds and then running back in.
Also really useful to block teostras supernova when nobody managed to flash him or Nergs dive. Too bad that doesn't protect your teammates though lol.

I got the Ugaragon set last night and I agree it's pretty handy on Vaal. It's not great on many monsters, but it's good when you know you're gonna get hit by some gas/laser in less than a second and don't have time to sheath and dive.
I'm wondering how it does on the Xeno ground explosion thing. Being able to sit in the AoE and immediately go back to hitting its foot would be pretty useful.
Partbreaker from the chest piece is also a great skill for farming.

Nergs dive can be regular blocked though. You don't need the set bonus. You'll take quite a bit of chip-damage through the block though.
Apparently you can even block it with GS or SS, though I think you lose a lot of sharpness/health.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Had it happen for the very first time in World. It's not even playing with randoms, I played with randoms all the time on 3DS, it just wasn't a thing people tried to do before World.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Simple fix for carve griefing would just take away all collision with other players when hunt is over.

Edit: Oh, that's the fix. Excellent. Now people can stop wearing pieces of Xeno armor and ruining the look.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
It's time to switch it up when it comes to weapons. Bit done with the dual swords, insect glaive and greatsword for now.

So I'm thinking of the switchaxe, especially because it's clearly faster than the greatsword. Now my question is... which tree to pick? Story wise I'm at the last boss and I still have to kill Nergigante, Vaal, Kushala a few more times too. I'm assuming blacksteel is good for the dragon damage? Even if elderseal is low.

Taborcarn

Oct 27, 2017
Tons of weapon rebalancing, but this change jumped out at me:
h4gFgLH.jpg

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
So what's a good build for bow users? Focus on stamina perhaps?

I focus heavily on Stamina, Element, Weakness Exploit and usually have 2 Pieces of Rathalos gear to boost element crits

Works really well

The big one being Constitution (i keep fitness charm on in all my builds) with Stamina Surge also being good. Other Solids sets Include Anjanath and Legiana

Jan 10, 2018
I focus heavily on Stamina, Element, Weakness Exploit and usually have 2 Pieces of Rathalos gear to boost element crits

Works really well

The big one being Constitution (i keep fitness charm on in all my builds) with Stamina Surge also being good. Other Solids sets Include Anjanath and Legiana

Ok, cool! That's kind of what I'm going for right now. What element is the best in general? Looking at my field guide I would say that most monsters are weak against thunder. So maybe begin with that one?

Recall

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still sad that I haven't found a group of people to constantly hang with while playing this but on the other side I'm happy how there are at least these multiplayer options.

It's still fun to just randomly jump into SOS missions, yeah it's not concentrated grind but I'm having fun and getting bits of sets done at a time.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
This update is really solid with lots of good changes. I do wish we were getting more than Jho monster wise, buy the rest of the things kind of make up for it.

I haven't really slowed down my play at all since launch and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still sad that I haven't found a group of people to constantly hang with while playing this but on the other side I'm happy how there are at least these multiplayer options.

It's still fun to just randomly jump into SOS missions, yeah it's not concentrated grind but I'm having fun and getting bits of sets done at a time.

As long as they're Japanese players, you'll have a pretty good time. Hehe

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, cool! That's kind of what I'm going for right now. What element is the best in general? Looking at my field guide I would say that most monsters are weak against thunder. So maybe begin with that one?

All of them

You should have a set for each one.

Make and max the following bows and build gearsets to go with them

Tobi Kadachi - Lightning Gear - I currently pair this with Legiana and Lightning jewels but its not optimal

Anjanath - Best Fire bow in the game GEAR - Odogaron/Critical Eye Spectacles and Rathalos pair nice for this bow

Hunter ProudBow - Best Water Bow GEAR - Needs Free Element to get the most out of it. I use Kirin legs and Rath Soul piece but you can make this in various ways

Legiana Snowfletcher - Pretty much the only ICE choice but Kushala bow also is viable GEAR - Legiana and Maybe throw in Dragon King Eyepatch?

DragonBone/Val Hasaak - I use Dragon bone for the Rath Family and Vaal Hazak bow for Elder Dragons. Youll want to make different sets to counter Elders but I suggest Deathstench, Vaal Gear, and of course Rath. Youll likely opt for mixed sets and save the loadouts per what you are fighting.

That about Covers it. There is also the straight RAW damage/Dragon Piercer builds with the Diablos Coilbender but those take awhile to build and optimize. Very fun to do and could be a good long term goal

Recall

Oct 27, 2017

Poison is very powerful too. It speeds up the fight with the dot you can put on the monster. Even those monsters who are resistant to it (1 star) still take poison damage and the gear available to be potent becomes available sooner due to Pukei Pukei being an early game monster in both Low and High rank.

Jan 10, 2018
All of them

You should have a set for each one.

Make and max the following bows and build gearsets to go with them

Tobi Kadachi - Lightning Gear - I currently pair this with Legiana and Lightning jewels but its not optimal

Anjanath - Best Fire bow in the game GEAR - Odogaron/Critical Eye Spectacles and Rathalos pair nice for this bow

Hunter ProudBow - Best Water Bow GEAR - Needs Free Element to get the most out of it. I use Kirin legs and Rath Soul piece but you can make this in various ways

Legiana Snowfletcher - Pretty much the only ICE choice but Kushala bow also is viable GEAR - Legiana and Maybe throw in Dragon King Eyepatch?

DragonBone/Val Hasaak - I use Dragon bone for the Rath Family and Vaal Hazak bow for Elder Dragons. Youll want to make different sets to counter Elders but I suggest Deathstench, Vaal Gear, and of course Rath. Youll likely opt for mixed sets and save the loadouts per what you are fighting.

That about Covers it. There is also the straight RAW damage/Dragon Piercer builds with the Diablos Coilbender but those take awhile to build and optimize. Very fun to do and could be a good long term goal

I'm rocking the Tobi bow atm and it seems rather effective against most things I go up against. I'm playing with a couple of other weapons as well so I'm gonna have my different elements on several weapons. I might use two elements per weapon. So far the bow is thunder and my longsword is dragon. :)

Do you use dash juice btw? I feel like it's a good substitute for stamina skills, if you want to use more damage oriented skils.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm rocking the Tobi bow atm and it seems rather effective against most things I go up against. I'm playing with a couple of other weapons as well so I'm gonna have my different elements on several weapons. I might use two elements per weapon. So far the bow is thunder and my longsword is dragon. :)

Do you use dash juice btw? I feel like it's a good substitute for stamina skills, if you want to use more damage oriented skils.

Yeah sure as long as you maintain it

I just like being able to casually hunt and hop in quick with little prep

So I make builds around convenience for long term play sessions with friends

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
If you do the multi-monster event quests or the multi-monster optional quests like the Winds one, you get a ton of XP per hunt. It's pretty easy lvling up. Just depends on much grinding you're willing to do.

Recall

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I guess high HR isn't that abnormal then, just caught me by surprise I guess.

Teaches me right to assume others cheat...

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I guess high HR isn't that abnormal then, just caught me by surprise I guess.

Teaches me right to assume others cheat...

Someone did see someone at 999 within the first week and I assume that guy cheated somehow. Not like it matters much since there's no PVP. High lvl guys are welcomed in my games.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Aloy armor and bow ain't the best but the skills GG chose were very well thought out. You can role play as Aloy in this game and it doesn't seem wrong.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Aloy armor and bow ain't the best but the skills GG chose were very well thought out. You can role play as Aloy in this game and it doesn't seem wrong.

Its underrated

With all the slots it has along with Anjanath set bonuses and good Bow Centric skills its a very good set for those who have yet to make the better ones

Its up there is Legiana as far as beginner bow sets go and its much easier to make

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017
Someone did see someone at 999 within the first week and I assume that guy cheated somehow. Not like it matters much since there's no PVP. High lvl guys are welcomed in my games.
999 HR on first week probably edited saves for gems too. Even for PvE games that's still awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.