• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I want Zora Magdaros sized Kula Ya Ku. I want to see it digging up a boulder bigger than most monsters and one shotting entire groups of hunters.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Hello.

I was wondering what's the general rankings on Great Swords? I know Great Jagras One is the end all be all but I do not care for the design and honestly kinda tired of seeing everywhere I go online, main reason why I move away from the Attack Boost that everyone seems to run as well.

What are some viable alternatives to it?

Leviathan Fury (Vaal GS) with Handicraft skill. My favorite for killing Kirin just because the White Sharpness means no bouncing.

Oct 28, 2017
There's the arena greatsword which is better than the Jagras one but it's pretty ugly and requires a bunch of arena quests for the coins. Nergigante one is what I've got until I get the arena one. Seems okay.

veras

Oct 27, 2017
The arena one is not better than jagras - they're easy to mathematically compare and jagras is quite a bit better (with augments)

veras

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, just blue - and warrior steam stones are pretty easy to get from t3

The drop rate on warrior is 5x higher than hero from t3, so triple augmenting jag is easier than single augmenting an r8 weapon

Strider

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Had my best day of decoration farming so far. Got an attack jewel, protective polish finally, and my first critical jewel.

There's still a few rare gems I don't have yet but the only thing left that I really want after landing the protective polish is Mighty Bow jewel. Once I get that I'm golden.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Not the best run but boy, poor Nergigante. I have been hammering him all week for crowns so that's a lot of suffering =)

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Sword has been my main so far in the game even though the only one I like the look of is the buster sword, I've used that upgrade path throughout my playthrough, love the look of it and like Heromanz said there's nothing wrong with using most upgrade paths with this weapon, they're all pretty much viable throughout the whole game including farming at end level.

NtmsoDo.gif

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
What's the gear set here? Your Big Bang started in the 100s. That's awesome.

Diablos Hammer with 2x attack aug + Elementless Jewel
Dragonking Eyepatch + Tenderizer Jewel
Dober Mail Beta + Mighty Jewel
Diablos Nero Braces Beta + Sharp Jewel and Attack Jewel
Nergigante Coil Beta + Mighty Jewel
Death Stench Heel + 2x Attack Jewel
Handicraft Charm III

Altogether you gonna get
Attack 7
Handicraft 5
Weakness Exploit 3
Maximum Might 2
Focus 1
Protective Polish
None Elemental Boost

I also use Baroth Breaker III a lot and have a nice setup for it. Doesn't hit as hard as diablos but it can do some big numbers as well and it crits 90% of the time and no handicraft needed. Clear times are pretty much the same cause you gonna make up the damage with critical boost.

I will post gear for you when I wake up, I have to hit the bed now lol

Last edited:

SnesCartman

Oct 25, 2017
apparently I have 12 shafts warriors stone and I never use IG, what's the best IG but not rare 8 one? oh and switch axe too.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Had my best day of decoration farming so far. Got an attack jewel, protective polish finally, and my first critical jewel.

There's still a few rare gems I don't have yet but the only thing left that I really want after landing the protective polish is Mighty Bow jewel. Once I get that I'm golden.
I want any bow jewel (mighty bow, power shot, pierce, spread, etc.), artillery, and some attack. But after 240 hours I'm starting to give up.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Once I use the character change token, do I have to commit to it (as in: it is used up immediately) or can I play around in character creation and still back out and use it another time?

Edit: Nevermind, it appears you can back out no problem.

Last edited:

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my FUCK!!!

270+ hours later, I finally get my Hero: Streamstone for GS! KSLENXNDODODNDKOELXNEODNFKF
Congrats! To highlight the RNG in this game, I got a hero streamstone for sword in like my 4th or 5th ever tempered elder kill. At around 105 hours :(

Saving it for the arena longsword, if I can ever face getting the coins. I'm not good enough for GS moves.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Only hero streamstone I've gotten so far is the one for SnS/dual blades, two weapons I've never used. :(

panama chief

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Diablos Hammer with 2x attack aug + Elementless Jewel
Dragonking Eyepatch + Tenderizer Jewel
Dober Mail Beta + Mighty Jewel
Diablos Nero Braces Beta + Sharp Jewel and Attack Jewel
Nergigante Coil Beta + Mighty Jewel
Death Stench Heel + 2x Attack Jewel
Handicraft Charm III

Altogether you gonna get
Attack 7
Handicraft 5
Weakness Exploit 3
Maximum Might 2
Focus 1
Protective Polish
None Elemental Boost

I also use Baroth Breaker III a lot and have a nice setup for it. Doesn't hit as hard as diablos but it can do some big numbers as well and it crits 90% of the time and no handicraft needed. Clear times are pretty much the same cause you gonna make up the damage with critical boost.

I will post gear for you when I wake up, I have to hit the bed now lol

Thank you. Truly Incredible. I have some grinding to do for things like mighty and sharp jewels, but will definitely run this build.

Tenjin

Dec 3, 2017
Congrats! To highlight the RNG in this game, I got a hero streamstone for sword in like my 4th or 5th ever tempered elder kill. At around 105 hours :(

Saving it for the arena longsword, if I can ever face getting the coins. I'm not good enough for GS moves.

295h in, these were my hero's streamstones:

2x lance
2x hammer
1x LBG
1x Switch Axe
Used only one hammer and the lbg so far...

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
I'm leveling Bow and I'm HR 41 and to be honest, I am not quite sure what I should be focusing on in preparation for the dreaded 49 Kirin and Tempered Elder Dragons.

I'm still rocking the Doom's Shaft (Fully upgraded Nergi weapon) even though I should have crafted the Vaal Hazak Bow by now. I also have the fully upgraded Kadachi bow. Up to the post game, I was aiming for Stamina Surge and Constitution, but I have gotten comfortable enough with the Bow that I think I can drop off Stamina Surge a little and aim for constitution. Otherwise, I have the Dragonking Eyepatch, Legiana Mail/Nergi Mail, Odogaron arms for Constitution, Nergigante Belt, and the Dober Greaves for Attack Boost/Const. I haven't been getting too many good Decorations, but I haven't done a lot of Tempered Quests. I also only just got the Odo Gem, so I have a Fitness Charm 2 now.

Like, I just don't know what my end-game should be with the Bow at this point. A lot of what I've been seeing online relies on a lot of Beta armor and some really good Decorations that are kind of beyond me at this point.

Oct 28, 2017
Tell me if I'm doing something stupid with this build.
dPy6PWp.jpg

I thought, okay yeah white sharpness is nice, lots of ice damage with the Rathalos set bonus would be good.
But it takes so much longer to kill anything. Even things that are incredibly weak to ice and it's a major bummer.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Thought so.

I'm checking all over the hub but their isn't any "!" except for one 9 star Kushala Daora quest (and Tempered Bagel). I'm missing a 4 star quest and I have no idea where it could be. :\
Check if somebody at the research ship locale wants to talk to you. I missed some side quests there initially.

Oct 27, 2017
Thought so.

I'm checking all over the hub but their isn't any "!" except for one 9 star Kushala Daora quest (and Tempered Bagel). I'm missing a 4 star quest and I have no idea where it could be. :\
When this happened to me I found out there were some monsters I hadn't captured yet. Go to the ecologist, look through the monsters, and see if there are any you haven't captured. Also, for 8 star you need to fully research 15 monsters (fully researched is 6 stars, I don't think the 4 star monsters that are only in HR count).

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
dPy6PWp.jpg

I thought, okay yeah white sharpness is nice, lots of ice damage with the Rathalos set bonus would be good.
But it takes so much longer to kill anything. Even things that are incredibly weak to ice and it's a major bummer.
Do you have a Protective Polish jewel? It's an auto-include for just about every build, but that weapon has so little white sharpness that it's even more important. I guess Speed Sharpening takes some of the edge off, but still. That's a lot of lost DPS when you have to stop and sharpen every time you drop from white.

I feel like SnS is fast enough on it's feet that you don't need Evade Extender, but that's just me. I use Extender for weapons that are slow to sheath so I can cover ground really fast, like Switch Axe.

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Okay. Just got another Hero streamstone for GS.

Explain to me how this is fucking happening. 260h and not a single one. Now two of the ones I needed in less than 4 hours

Oct 28, 2017
Do you have a Protective Polish jewel? It's an auto-include for just about every build, but that weapon has so little white sharpness that it's even more important. I guess Speed Sharpening takes some of the edge off, but still. That's a lot of lost DPS when you have to stop and sharpen every time you drop from white.

I feel like SnS is fast enough on it's feet that you don't need Evade Extender, but that's just me. I use Extender for weapons that are slow to sheath so I can cover ground really fast, like Switch Axe.
I don't have a protective polish decoration. :(
I like evade extender quite a lot, and I don't really have any other ideas for boots.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
dPy6PWp.jpg

What is your base affinity without weakness exploit?

For build like that to really shine you need 40 to 45% base affinity before weakness exploit. I can tell you don't have much, 5% from attack boost and maybe 10% from weapon aug.

Critical boost and critical element ( bonus from 2 pieces of rath set) will only work when you crit and you want to crit 90% of the time otherwise those perks go to waste. With crit element and white sharpness you don't need that much crit boost anyway. Also make sure your ice attack is level 4 if you want this to be as effective against ice weakness as possible cause Legianas SnS will take up to Ice Attack up to lvl 4.

Here is a suggestion for your build.

Legiana Rimespire with 10% affinity aug + Attack jewel
Kushala Glare beta + 2x Attack jewel and 1x Frost jewel
Rathalos Mail beta + Frost jewel
Rath Soul Braces beta + Tenderizer jewel
Nergigante Coil beta + Critical jewel
Nergigante Graves beta + Sharp jewel
Mighty charm lvl II

If you don't have Sharp jewel and you preffer speed sharpening than replace Nergigante Graves with Death Stench Heel beta and put 2x speed sharpening jewels and replace Critical Jewel in Nergigante Coil beta with Mighty jewel.

All this will give you 95% affinity against weak spots and now Critical element and your Ice Attack will do the work.

You don't need evade extender for SnS. I'm more than happy to help you with anything you might need to make this build work ;)

Last edited:

gamerguy2002

Oct 25, 2017
Glendale, arizona
This their a complete optional star mission list guide somewhere? that would help to see what I'm missing.

Check if somebody at the research ship locale wants to talk to you. I missed some side quests there initially.

Nah, checked. nobody except a research quest which was just a delivery for parts I already had.

When this happened to me I found out there were some monsters I hadn't captured yet. Go to the ecologist, look through the monsters, and see if there are any you haven't captured. Also, for 8 star you need to fully research 15 monsters (fully researched is 6 stars, I don't think the 4 star monsters that are only in HR count).

Theirs probably a few I haven't captured. but I was only following the quest descriptions (either hunt, capture or slay). so, do I go out on expeditions and start capturing or do I redo quests?

Okay. Just got another Hero streamstone for GS.

Explain to me how this is fucking happening. 260h and not a single one. Now two of the ones I needed in less than 4 hours

Something something RNG Gods, Pet the poogie, bla bla bla etc.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm leveling Bow and I'm HR 41 and to be honest, I am not quite sure what I should be focusing on in preparation for the dreaded 49 Kirin and Tempered Elder Dragons.

I'm still rocking the Doom's Shaft (Fully upgraded Nergi weapon) even though I should have crafted the Vaal Hazak Bow by now. I also have the fully upgraded Kadachi bow. Up to the post game, I was aiming for Stamina Surge and Constitution, but I have gotten comfortable enough with the Bow that I think I can drop off Stamina Surge a little and aim for constitution. Otherwise, I have the Dragonking Eyepatch, Legiana Mail/Nergi Mail, Odogaron arms for Constitution, Nergigante Belt, and the Dober Greaves for Attack Boost/Const. I haven't been getting too many good Decorations, but I haven't done a lot of Tempered Quests. I also only just got the Odo Gem, so I have a Fitness Charm 2 now.

Like, I just don't know what my end-game should be with the Bow at this point. A lot of what I've been seeing online relies on a lot of Beta armor and some really good Decorations that are kind of beyond me at this point.

You should be shooting for a full set of multiple bows

Get an Anja Box maxed! Its the ultimate Kirin killer

Legiana Snowfletcher (or Daora bow also) are great for Ice and ruin Diablos

Dragonbone bow with a Free element mixset gives you a powerful Rath killer setup and might be the best bow against Deviljho

Hunter Proudbow with Free Element is the most powerful Water bow and its really easy to make. Probably a great way to Farm Anjanath!

Outside of those you pretty much have everything covered and the rest is just for collection purposes. Once you start farming Augments thats where things get reallly interesting. I have yet to get one to drop though

Status
Not open for further replies.