• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Reason #18 why Lavasioth is the single worst fight in the entire game:

Turns out, Weakness Exploit only works on the heated armor parts, not the broken armor parts. What the fuck is this nonsense? Are you telling me that I lose DPS whenever I break the armor on part of it's body? Who came up with this system? Fuck this monster with a power drill.

If you go Crown Hunting or even parts farming and no matter what monster you against, you do this. It saves you a lot of time on those hunts and not a single monster in the game is immune to explosions, it always deals full damage ;)

Last edited:

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
I'm so glad I'm only missing 6 crowns, it is almost over, so close yet so far but damn I just did an event and 2 targets were giants, both passed measuring test being the biggest I've seen so far and I was super excited, then the result screen showed up and not even a new record on any of them, this despair is too much for a single person to handle.

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
It sucks so much. I have 67 Great Girros kills just because of the crowns for it. I don't even want to know what it's going to be like for monsters that aren't featured in crown event quests.

Don't do it unless you have an iron will, it is frustrating to no limit, even with the current event it takes so many tries just to have your hopes utterly crushed, there is no pile of gold at the end of this journey. I've been doing it nonstop this 2 days and I got like 2-3 crowns at most.

Buuut Spring festival is the perfect date to start your journey so take it or leave it.
Question. Aren't crowns tied to specific investigations? As in, if one investigation drops a crown it'll drop that same crown every time?

In theory, if someone here has all the crowns and still kept the investigations that gave em, he or she can take one for the team here

\o/

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Note to self start learning multiple weapons. Rerolled to a male char since female armor is that bad. So figured I should try another weapon.

Saw the great sword mentioned here and figure eh I'll try it. Anjanath is my bane and all I was using was dual swords. Took me 2 carts but the fight felt so much easier with a great sword. My aim and timing is still way off though. Watching the Arekkz video really helped. Watched it before even trying the great sword.

Think next I'll try out the long sword then something with a proper shield.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the deal with hero streamstones? I must have done around 20-25 tempered elder since yesterday and I haven't got a single one yet. Is it all RNG?

Has anyone noticed a difference between tempered rewards when you play solo or coop?

Tenjin

Dec 3, 2017
It hurts my heart when I see this thread drop to page 2 :(

thanks for pushing it up, I share these feelings :)

What's the deal with hero streamstones? I must have done around 20-25 tempered elder since yesterday and I haven't got a single one yet. Is it all RNG?

Has anyone noticed a difference between tempered rewards when you play solo or coop?

All RNG. It's a 3% chance (slightly higher at the tempered Jho Event though). There is no other difference between solo and coop except the health (x2,6 in MP)

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Between work, gym and real life, I still try to play this game 5-6 hours/day. It's the most crack of a game I've played this gen. Soon reaching 500 hours

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
thanks for pushing it up, I share these feelings :)

All RNG. It's a 3% chance (slightly higher at the tempered Jho Event though). There is no other difference between solo and coop except the health (x2,6 in MP)

Thanks for the info. 3 percent! Damn and even then there's different types so you still might not get what you want.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the info. 3 percent! Damn and even then there's different types so you still might not get what you want.
I've definitely had good luck from the Jho quest, but you have to balance the increased chance of a drop with the increased time it takes and likelihood of failure! I've had much more success this weekend as people either get better or start to build for the T. Jho fight, but still a good few failures (and they're never quick failures).

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Much better this game now that you can aim while charging.

Jagras was all bloated and i hit his belly for a 700 value. You can make short work of some of these guys.

Cutting tails and smashing anyone in there head really adds to the multiplayer.

How do I aim while charging? Had no idea they fixed that.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
How do I aim while charging? Had no idea they fixed that.
Pretty sure you need to adjust the aim as you start to charge, I'm not sure you have control once the animation is locked. I'm a GS noob though so not 100% on that - I think Arrekz went over it in his guide but I need to watch it again to be sure.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
uHfwk0m.gif

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

I honestly wouldn't bother at this point. If you can already take out Tempered Elders and Jho, then none of the DLC monsters are going to be a problem for you.

Preparing for G-Rank this way is equally pointless, since one's first priority in G-Rank tends to be getting rid of all of their high rank gear. There's a pretty solid chance that the G weapons/armor from Great Jagras and Pukei will outclass anything we can make right now.

Post-platinum, I don't have many reasons to stick around outside of crippling addiction.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
I've been cleaning up on hero and warrior streamstones since Temp Jho came back. Certainly seems like the best method if you have a competent party. Sticky Fingers got 2 hero and 3 warrior in a single run over the weekend.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Yep, tempered jho weapon augment droprate is significantly higher than TEDs. Get in while you can, and use lucky vouchers on it. This feels like the only quest where lucky vouchers are actually useful since all the good rewards come from the sections that lucky voucher affects.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Tempered Jho is only fun with my Destiny buddies. Playing with randoms is just failure.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Bow user triple carts at the 20th minute on tempered Jho. Extremely frustrating.

Siegmeyer

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone know if you can get Kirin crowns from the current low rank event to kill 2 of them? Seems like way the best method to get them if so, and the sooner I never have to fight him again, the better (not that it's crazy hard, I just find it incredibly tedious).

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Tempered Jho is only fun with my Destiny buddies. Playing with randoms is just failure.

The only random T Jho I've tried online went down in 15 minutes, super lucky with that one. People were dropping traps when it was out of enrage so I knew right then that it was going to be a good group. Also, I've killed it 2/2 offline and 1/1 online and have always gotten a hero shard. I'm not even sure why that quest is an event, should be a permanent quest cuz drop rates suck otherwise.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
The only random T Jho I've tried online went down in 15 minutes, super lucky with that one. People were dropping traps when it was out of enrage so I knew right then that it was going to be a good group. Also, I've killed it 2/2 offline and 1/1 online and have always gotten a hero shard. I'm not even sure why that quest is an event, should be a permanent quest cuz drop rates suck otherwise.

Only had one good session with randoms. They were all using Gunlance and knew what they were doing.

I honestly hate seeing Bow users in it. Usually they die like bitches from Jho leaping on them when they're doing their DP.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I honestly wouldn't bother at this point. If you can already take out Tempered Elders and Jho, then none of the DLC monsters are going to be a problem for you.

Preparing for G-Rank this way is equally pointless, since one's first priority in G-Rank tends to be getting rid of all of their high rank gear. There's a pretty solid chance that the G weapons/armor from Great Jagras and Pukei will outclass anything we can make right now.

Post-platinum, I don't have many reasons to stick around outside of crippling addiction.
This is me right now.

After getting the Monster PHD trophy i decided to stop and move onto something else. Next day im back to playing and have probably ogne up another 50 HR levels since.

Decided to both go for the crowns and upgrade my gear some more. Ended up getting the 10 gold crowns trophies for big and small and trying to get some more but its taking forever.

It also took forever to get enough Hammer stones for my diablose shatterer 2. By the time i got my fourth hammer one i had anywhere from 5-11 of every single other stone which i dont need since i have only used hammer in the 250 hours i have played.

Im now at the point where one big bang combo (If every hit lands) does around 1,000-1,200 so im pretty happy with my current results.

Not really got anything else to do since its clear its going to take forever to get the crown trophies and i have the new Digimon and AC to play still but the call of the hunt sings out to me every night :(

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Only had one good session with randoms. They were all using Gunlance and knew what they were doing.

I honestly hate seeing Bow users in it. Usually they die like bitches from Jho leaping on them when they're doing their DP.
I barely DP as a bow user but he's still tricky to avoid. No extra resistance to physical damage from his huge hits doesn't give much room for error.

I gave up and changed to lance for him.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
I hope they add him to the tempered quest pool after the spring fest is over. I stopped collecting tempered Jho tracks the other night when I had an epiphany: "these do nothing".

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I barely DP as a bow user but he's still tricky to avoid. No extra resistance to physical damage from his huge hits doesn't give much room for error.

I gave up and changed to lance for him.

Everyone should just use Lance or Gunlance for Tempered Jho farming. Make our lives easier.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
I've been having decent success with Lighting Blitz III LBG vs T. Jho. Mega Armoskin, rocksteady/vitality mantles, and six blue fish at the canteen (defense up and moxie) help with survivability.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Everytime you kill tempered monsters you get the stones to aug your armor. Each tier of tempered monsters gives you different stones for different tiers of armor, but you can't use them till you get your first weapon stone, as the weapon stones unlock augmentation for both weapons and armor.

And yes, killing tempered Elder Dragons does not guarantee you a weapon stone, it's a random drop with a very small % chance. You will get armor stones each time you kill one but it can take hours or even tens of hours before you get your first weapon stone.

Oh man, so not only is the post-game upgrade system withheld until the very end but it's also locked behind RNG on a low drop rate. Is everyone okay with this? :O

Well, thanks for the info. I guess I will see how far I get but I can't really understand why this is set up the way it is. The main campaign kind of conditions one to a regular rhythm of upgrades and new gear then they yank away the treadmill and don't replace it with anything until the very end. Do they expect people to be grinding out that useless Wyverian Ritual for decorations?

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oh man, so not only is the post-game upgrade system withheld until the very end but it's also locked behind RNG on a low drop rate. Is everyone okay with this? :O

Well, thanks for the info. I guess I will see how far I get but I can't really understand why this is set up the way it is. The main campaign kind of conditions one to a regular rhythm of upgrades and new gear then they yank away the treadmill and don't replace it with anything until the very end. Do they expect people to be grinding out that useless Wyverian Ritual for decorations?

Nope, but it's pretty standard for this sort of game. The typical format is:

1. Beat everything with unoptimized gear.

2. Spend ages in the endgame optimizing your build(s).

3. Immediately throw all of that work away when the first piece of equipment you get in the new expansion has better stats than the stuff you spent dozens of hours grinding for.

4. Repeat steps 1 & 2 until the next expansion.

GaaS/MMOs/expansion-based multiplayer RPGs all do this. Each of us has probably experienced this exact cycle numerous times by now. The only escape is to be smart and play something else until the updates arrive.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
The end game is all about creating the best/optimized gear. If it was easy, I think most people would stop the grind.

Animus Vox

Oct 30, 2017
NYC
Another day, another arena with double Odogaron aka the most annoying fight ever. Is there another challenge quest besides this and Nergi that I might be missing that I can do for this daily?

Animus Vox

Oct 30, 2017
NYC

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure it says HR but I could be misreading.

My success rate has been pretty good so far, maybe 2 out of 3 successful tempered jho hunts. I guess more people have been getting better prepared.

The current one should be any Challenge. I did it last night and completed the daily.

Apple_Prince

Nov 6, 2017
Either that or create some type of trading system between players. I have two shaft and one hammer Hero Stone that need a good home.
Yeah I don't understand why it is the state that it is unless it's an attempt to incentive players to try weapons the normally wouldn't? I also hope that they make the options for augmentation a little more robust in the future. The choices they have are fine but there could be some other things in their to fine tune builds.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
RNG Cannon build? Sure, but it still takes a lot of skill.

Otherwise, I wouldn't do it. T.Jho is all about Lance and Gunlance, few other weapons are viable unless you play immaculately.
Pretty much my experience. I did it the first time with a hammer, but that was only on the fourth try. Still proud I managed it, but never again. (Gun)Lance is so much more manageable.

I wish I could do it faster, though. It still takes me around 30 minutes with the GL and I feel I should be able to do it in half that time. I guess I need to use traps more, but I'm still struggling with getting out of Jho's range to safely sheathe and set the trap.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been cleaning up on hero and warrior streamstones since Temp Jho came back. Certainly seems like the best method if you have a competent party. Sticky Fingers got 2 hero and 3 warrior in a single run over the weekend.

A single run? I hope he did the lotto afterwards!

I experienced 4 failures initially but randoms seem to be getting better, completed 3 in a row now.

Everyone should just use Lance or Gunlance for Tempered Jho farming. Make our lives easier.

Never tried it, I'm using LBG at the mo. I plan to try the long sword after I complete the Divine Slasher, might give Lance a go after or before, depending on time. What setup do people run with the lance? Max defense?

Tenjin

Dec 3, 2017
Don't force yourself to the streamstone grind. It's not that big of a difference if you augment a rare 8 weapon (unless your doing speedruns...). Warrior stones drop far more often and make a difference, augmenting rare 6 stuff makes these weapons nearly on par with rare 8 gear. But other than that it is just a little carrot on a stick to keep on hunting...

Tsujimoto-san hinted to an update in april (I guess the last weekend), maybe they throwing lunastra and/or oroshi kirin at us. I try to get the crowns at the moment, that's even more painful than grinding for streamstones I won't even use (looking at 3 lance hero's stones...)

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
This is my first MH, but from I understand this is how it has always worked.

I personally don't care a lot for the whole min-maxing endgame. I keep playing this game because of the monsters, the weapons and the overall atmosphere. Getting progressively better gear through augments and decos is just a bonus.

If I were in it for the gear progression and the endless loop of gathering epic loot, I'd much rather play Diablo III, which does it a lot better in my opinion.

Oct 26, 2017
A single run? I hope he did the lotto afterwards!

I experienced 4 failures initially but randoms seem to be getting better, completed 3 in a row now.

Never tried it, I'm using LBG at the mo. I plan to try the long sword after I complete the Divine Slasher, might give Lance a go after or before, depending on time. What setup do people run with the lance? Max defense?

I run

Garon Dhara II w/ affinity and health augment

Attack charm III
Guild Cross circlet beta
Brigade Mail beta
Kaiser Vambraces Alpha
Kaiser Coil Alpha
Kaiser Greaves Beta

For jewels I run
3 attack, 1 would be fine though
Elementless jewel
2 Vitality jewel

Set gives me masters touch, divine blessing 3, and weakness exploit 3. Most importantly 95% crit on weakspots.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The big problem with Jho, both Tempered and normal, is that the hitbox for his chest weakspot is too exact. His dopey little arms protect it in a really janky way, making it useless to aim for whenever he isn't standing still and allowing you to get into perfect position.

Lance/GL are the only weapons that can deal with this reasonably well, everyone else is stuck trying to hit his head (good luck), legs (useless when in "muscle mode," which is most of the time) or aiming for the chest and praying it'll register favorably.

Status
Not open for further replies.