• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
Some of these Kulve weapons are pretty solid. I've setup builds with a couple of the weapons I've got with absolutely silly paralysis and poison stats. I've got this Rarity 7 Barroth Greatsword with 1008 Attack and 390 Paralysis, and I've just been stunning the ever loving crap out of everything. Rarity 8 bow with 240 attack and 360 hidden blast, thing has a lot of build potential methinks. It's too bad the Rarity 6 weapons seem to be almost universally trash, either being downgrades or having a straight better R7 version.

Also my favortie looking armor in the game. Screw optimacy, I'll figure out every hidden element build I can just to rock this stuff.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
ClearMetal that's pretty bad :( unfortunately with games like these there are always one or two poor souls who have terrible RNG and get screwed... This time it happens to be you, sorry :(

OT I just typed the word souls and it made me remember the DS remaster coming.... I'm going to buy my first remaster.

Oh, lastly, random comment in defence of xbox population :) I've been getting two pages of kulve lobbies when I search and several have 10+ people in them. So hopefully we're good for awhile.

I do like that they've built a fight that relies on the less used parts of their multiplayer functionality. I'd actually be tempted to search for arena farming people after this.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Got a really nasty R8 HBG, can't wait to try it out.

Also it seems that the layer unlocks are character bound. Really shitty for players like me who have three characters. :(

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
My first 4th carve after starting to run commission set and I get my gem.

Spoiled me. Because my next 4 hunts nada. But man, those carves really add up when you remember you break it on the build up run before you can actually kill (i swear me and a group nearly 1 shotted)

You guys mentioned it's possible to get them from the claim rewards right? Are they in the quest complete reward table too (non break/carve)

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017
Kulve Taroth roll around too much... but the final form is really good
It's my favorite "set piece" hunt so far in the series... Well, that's not saying much, it's the only one I like but yea. :D

Got a really nasty R8 HBG, can't wait to try it out.

Also it seems that the layer unlocks are character bound. Really shitty for players like me who have three characters. :(
Why would you have 3 active characters lol?!! I understand maybe having 2 for male females armors, but 3?! seems pointless in a game where you can change your builds any time!

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Why would you have 3 active characters lol?!! I understand maybe having 2 for male females armors, but 3?! seems pointless in a game where you can change your builds any time!

Haha yeah it does seem rather pointless but part of the fun(for me) is to model characters in MH after my favorite gaming hero/heroines and make the armor set work. It's a silly challenge but fashionhunter is besthunter.

I'm just fortunate they only gave us three slots.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I find there's so much running around collecting random stuff in phase 1 and 2 (even 3) that it's definitely possible to miss a gem.

I bought some samurai armour from somewhere but I need to figure out how to collect it.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just upgraded to the wyvern ignition impact. This thing looks absolutely amazing. And it hits like a freight train. So glad I got 2 wyvern gems when on my first black diablos kill lol.

Aktlys

Oct 27, 2017
Kulve Taroth beta set is sooo gooood
All those slots make you a group utility and buff power house

Ultratech

Oct 25, 2017
Done the Siege a few times; hard to tell if I've gotten some good weapons or not, but it got me to playing SnS again (especially since you can block most of Taroth's attacks that have large hitboxes).

Did get a nice SnS last night though that's basically like the fully upgraded Great Jagras one, but the Water Element is unlocked.

I did notice that if you're between her legs when she rolls, you can often not get hit at all (I'd go to try and Guard it only for her to completely whiff me somehow), so there's a deadspot in there someplace.

As for Gems, I've gotten I think 3 so far? 2 from Carves, 1 from Tail being broken from Rewards.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Apart from Kulve Taroth body, none of the set seems to even favour greatsword. I might grind to get body b since I got A last night. Wyvern ignition is still king so relics don't matter to me I guess.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
monsterhunter_world_20tuot.jpg

01d.png

X-Frame

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone recommend a good armor set for someone who is new to High Rank for the Greatsword?

I have the Impact Ignition GS and want a set to complement it. I don't have a lot of decorations either.

I currently have the 4 piece Odogaron Alpha set with the Dragonking Eyepatch. I've heard the Nergigante Set with the Eyepatch benefits GS. Thanks!

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Damn. I just fought an Anjanath that was so small it looked anorexic. Then to my suprise, it wasn't even a small record for me.

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
eh, they kinda definitely ruined the beautiful Pukei hammer in that one

stats are way better obviously
Haha, I just needed a semi-unique looking hammer to show off the bling-bling. All the other Kulve hammers I have are those bog-standard designs only in gold. I haven't seen them yet and I assume they don't exist, but I had hoped they would throw a few unique designs in the mix. Like the flower Pukei-Pukei hammer only with golden feathers. How awesome would that look?

I'm now running a support set with paralysis IG. It's basically the entire Kulve Beta set plus stuff like speed eating 3, two wide-range decos (really wish I had a third to get it to 5), free meal and stuff like that. It's pretty cool. The only thing I need to get used to is to keep an eye on the other player's health bars at all times instead of just attack, attack, attack.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I forgot, I also have Recovery Up 3. Even regular potions recover a decent bit of damage now.

I'll go see if there's a Wide-Range charm I can use to get it up to 5. I now have a Power Prolonger 3 charm, which obviously works well with the IG, but since I'm not specced for damage I might as well go full support and just heal and make sure there are kinsect blast clouds to abuse.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haha, I just needed a semi-unique looking hammer to show off the bling-bling. All the other Kulve hammers I have are those bog-standard designs only in gold. I haven't seen them yet and I assume they don't exist, but I had hoped they would throw a few unique designs in the mix. Like the flower Pukei-Pukei hammer only with golden feathers. How awesome would that look?

I'm now running a support set with paralysis IG. It's basically the entire Kulve Beta set plus stuff like speed eating 3, two wide-range decos (really wish I had a third to get it to 5), free meal and stuff like that. It's pretty cool. The only thing I need to get used to is to keep an eye on the other player's health bars at all times instead of just attack, attack, attack.

And you'll probably never get thanked by randoms, who are probably wondering how they're still alive after taking so much damage

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Do we have a group on Reset?

I'm new to MP put I'm pretty decent with LS need help with the golden idiot

acmshar

Nov 26, 2017
1. Kulve gems are a lie. They do not exist.
2. OMG, no, I don't want the slinger ammo. Give me the shiny drop. Plz.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The wyvern ignition impact is insane. Even when I iwildly swing around it stuns monsters insanely quickly when it connects. Just completely wrecked Legiana and Odagaron to upgrade my ancient tree.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Aside from the two gems I need to forge the Alpha set, my aim is now to get the Kirin Relic SnS (R7 version) and the Rathalos Relic SnS (also R7). I have the R6 versions of both and they look fantastic, so I'd love to upgrade them.

Sadly I have yet to loot a R7 SnS in the first place. This might take a while...

1. Kulve gems are a lie. They do not exist.
2. OMG, no, I don't want the slinger ammo. Give me the shiny drop. Plz.
I feel you, man. I have done over 15 successful sieges by now, easily double the horn plate carves and picked up hundreds of shiny drops and I consider myself lucky I finally got the two I need to forge the entire armor set.

As for the slinger ammo, agree on all except the pierce ammo. Those things wreck her when she's molten on pursuit level 4+.

Last edited:

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
This armor would be perfect but I didn't need free element skill for my LS build.

Just gonna get the chest piece and legs and be done with it.

Hmm maybe this set will work better with Divine Slasher tho

acmshar

Nov 26, 2017
Aside from the two gems I need to forge the Alpha set, my aim is now to get the Kirin Relic SnS (R7 version) and the Rathalos Relic SnS (also R7). I have the R6 versions of both and they look fantastic, so I'd love to upgrade them.

Sadly I have yet to loot a R7 SnS in the first place. This might take a while...

I feel you, man. I have done over 15 successful sieges by now, easily double the horn plate carves and picked up hundreds of shiny drops and I consider myself lucky I finally got the two I need to forge the entire armor set.

As for the slinger ammo, agree on all except the pierce ammo. Those things wreck her when she's molten on pursuit level 4+.
Mostly joking about the gems. I had some crazy good luck on Jho gems, so I can't complain too much.

Yea, I definitely use the slinger ammo, but it's so annoying when there is a pile of 3+ shiny drops and a piece of ammo, and I feel like I end up picking up shiny > ammo > shiny > ammo. I can't really think of a time when I really want the ammo immediately. It seems like the preference is ammo, and I'd rather it be the shiny drops.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you can filter for it since the filter works via SOS and you can't SOS during that quest. Just matchmake into a room and go to the gathering hub. People are bound to be doing that quest
You can set your Quest Preference to Kulve Taroth when making a room and search for rooms with that set. It's just that nobody seems to be doing that so it doesn't work as intended. ;w;

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Well I guess I figured out how I got my mysterious second glimstone. Appears all the shinies on the ground have like .5% chance of one.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Probably already been covered but how long is Kulve available? Haven't had a chance to play because God of War and I don't want to miss out on what looks like some slick gear and a fun fight.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Defeated the main story today, Hunter Ranked unlocks all the way to 29, opening up the Dual Tempered Bezel.

Defeat it first try (The Bazels fought eachother, I just did some clean-up afterwards) and HR ranks up to 42 on success.

Now to hunt for gold for Kulve, what level of Kulve investigation do I want before I start joining sieges? And do I go with my Royal Burst or my Nergal Reaper? (Still need a few more materials for Catastrophe's Light.)

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Defeated the main story today, Hunter Ranked unlocks all the way to 29, opening up the Dual Tempered Bezel.

Defeat it first try (The Bazels fought eachother, I just did some clean-up afterwards) and HR ranks up to 42 on success.

Now to hunt for gold for Kulve, what level of Kulve investigation do I want before I start joining sieges? And do I go with my Royal Burst or my Nergal Reaper? (Still need a few more materials for Catastrophe's Light.)
Just join a siege right away. It'll unlock when you return to base after finding a gold track.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
GL is really good for the first stages of Kulve because it's all about breaking parts that may not take all that much damage.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else a bit disappointed that there aren't craftable Kulve weapons? The whole dropped weapon thing is cool but some actual Kulve weapon designs would have been nice

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Had some nice runs just now. Rolled into a group at pursuit level 4 and managed to break the horns. Then we started at 1, went to 3 and finally 6, all with the same group. Everyone knew what they were doing, there were no quest fails and we managed to break the horn plating every time.

Got a nice IG out of it. R7, but actually better than the normal R8 Kirin IG. Thunder damage is lower (300 against Kirin's 360), but raw damage is 100 higher, it has +20 defense and the Kinsect boost is speed instead of element. Plus it has the Tzitzi-Ya-Ku design which I think is pretty great. I welcome the chance to wield weapons with desgins from less impressive monsters like Tzitzi over the usual Vaals and Nergigantes.

Level of investigation doesn't really matter. You need at least one track to initiate the quest, after that it's all good.

As for pursuit levels: you are set back to level 1 after you successfully complete a siege. So if you jump in at level 1 or at level 6 (the max) it doesn't make much of a difference in the long run. In fact, starting at level 1 might be preferable because you get more shiny drops to pick up and another chance at breaking its horn plating, which grants you an additional three carves (and a chance at gems if the RNG deems you worthy of its blessings).

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else a bit disappointed that there aren't craftable Kulve weapons? The whole dropped weapon thing is cool but some actual Kulve weapon designs would have been nice
I was at first, but then I realized that as an impact phial CB player I wouldn't use any of them unless it ended up being better than the Diablos one.

And until Akantor gets added, I don't see that happening for any new monster.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
This event is fun but every single rarity 8 weapon I've gotten is pretty crap. Most of them have this Hidden element nonsense.

PeacefulDream

Oct 25, 2017
Aw, I got an ice sword and shield that's just the Legia Rimespire but it trades the slot for 20 Defense but it uses the lower level Legiana sword and shield design. :/

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
I should make a shoutout to let everyone know I'm about to put a monster to sleep, so tired of having everyone wake monsters instantly, how dense can someone be to not notice that x.x

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
So when are they patching her glimstones into the game.

no seriously. What's with this drop rate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.