Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Decided to make a HBG sticky ammo slugger set with the diablos bonus and artillery on top with free element 3 on top to minimize the bad load speed.

Managed to KO a tempered uragaan three times in the sub 10 minutes before he melted. That felt damn good. I don't know how much dps I lost not shooting rapid fire elemental through his body, but I have to assume it was gained my melee uptime and double dragon piercers on top of my wyvernsnipe going straight through.

I'm loving what getting random amazing kulva weapons has done to me. After getting one of those god thunder Lance's, I think I might actually dive in.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The main limitation is you're capped at reward rank...13? if you don't break his horns. They're wroth a shitload.

I'm not sure this is true... I *think* I was in a session last night where we got level 15, but didn't break the horns (another group did so siege ended).

Every single one of my quests has been level 15 or 16, but I think only that one quest where our group didn't personally break the horns.

That said I had my first "crap" run where we ended up at reward level 12. We didn't break the horns but the other group seemed to get through it really quickly. I don't think we did enough part breaks in the middle or something to rack up all the points.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure this is true... I *think* I was in a session last night where we got level 15, but didn't break the horns (another group did so siege ended).

Every single one of my quests has been level 15 or 16, but I think only that one quest where our group didn't personally break the horns.

That said I had my first "crap" run where we ended up at reward level 12. We didn't break the horns but the other group seemed to get through it really quickly. I don't think we did enough part breaks in the middle or something to rack up all the points.

I put a shout-out that I spam a bit on every fresh pursuit level 1 mission to PICK UP TRACKS. Too many forget or are so use to others doing it, but those dozens of tracks and gold dust are worth 10 points each across 4 players per instance add up and is the difference between starting a round 2 at lvl 3 or even 4 pursuit (because they don't 'cash in' until each party is done with their instance. If one group finishes and goes back in before the others come out, they lose out on the other groups points because they started at a 2 or 3 instead of the 4 or 5 had they waited) Those break limits are critical in raising reward level before she releases unless the group is really on top of things. However, The difference between a level 14 and a 17 seems to be like 2 silver and a bronze because I don't think I've seen more than 4 gold ever.

Doomshroom

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys

Last night i got the Taroth Blitz "shot" lbg and i hear it is supposed to be pretty good. Problem is i only ever used one weapon (hammer) så this gun/ranged stuff is all new to me. Looking at the gun i figure i will be focusing on normal shots with an elementaless gem and building a set for attack dmg and crits.

I have a few questions

wtf do i do with mods and augmentations?
it also has an -10% affinity what do i do about that, just add som crit gems?
Any ammo skills i should be focusing on or any tips in general?

Ganransu

Nov 21, 2017
What's a good fun monster to use ice dual blades on? The Diablos family? The Golden Fleece? Just found a nice pair of rare 8 ice dual blades last night.

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
I'm on Team Health Boost too. It's just as good as pre-nerf Guts. As long as you're at least close to full health, nothing will one shot you, and you can survive some very nasty and unlucky bulldozes.

I'd rather take a few extra minutes longer rather than waste time and be frustrated. This is especially true versus Tempered Jho and Tempered Kirin.

Tenjin

Dec 3, 2017
Any event this week that gives new crowns btw?

there are 5 "crown events"

deep green blues
wildspire bolero
coral waltz
effluvial opera
rock 'n' roll recess

these cover every monster except the elders, jho and black dia. If there isn't one active this week, the answer is "no".

I don't know what you mean with "new crowns" though.

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
there are 5 "crown events"

deep green blues
wildspire bolero
coral waltz
effluvial opera
rock 'n' roll recess

these cover every monster except the elders, jho and black dia. If there isn't one active this week, the answer is "no".

I don't know what you mean with "new crowns" though.
Yeah I aced all the events mentioned above, but aren't they gonna introduce new events that allow you to more easily get the crowns from Black Dia and the Elder Dragons? those are the ones I need now

Tenjin

Dec 3, 2017
Yeah I aced all the events mentioned above, but aren't they gonna introduce new events that allow you to more easily get the crowns from Black Dia and the Elder Dragons? those are the ones I need now

I don't think so. I am missing only black dia ... killed 77 so far, sniped a lot more ... but I have to kill it some times to get new investigations :-/

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
The "This is How Revolts Start" Diablos/Black Diablos mission is supposed to be a crown hunting event but it's rubbish.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Seems kind of unfortunate that it's missing power coating, although supporting literally everything else is nice.

Yeah would have been awesomely OP with power coating too but I'll take that selection. I was having so much more fun trying to put down and capitalise on all these different status elements. I can start with sleep; see if that takes and capitalise. They maybe paralysis? Poison too? Why not?

Try comparing that to the Great Hunter's Bow. That's more of a direct comparison. They have all of the same coatings available, but the Taroth one has more raw, way more blast (that needs to be awakened, but still), and a bit more defense.

As a support bow, this looks like the new gold standard.

I just compared it to that one as that's what I've been used and couldn't find anything better than that. I was not a huge fan of the way the Doom's Shaft looked too so it's win/win. Strangely enough I also later got a variation with no hidden element but only about 120 Blast.

In the process of reworking everything for free element I discovered how awesome Agitator is. It seriously kicks in all the time and it's great.

Kulve's quest is great and all, but I really can't stand those shitty Gajalaka and the lave spouts in the last area. They're just annoyances that don't add anything to the fight at all.

Those little sh*ts are simply unbelievable. Capcom loves to troll for sure.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I can't "at" the person "gamer at heart" because the at symbol confuses the coding. Anyway - thanks for the heads up, it makes sense and now I know why I was starting at level 1 even though there were ongoing quests.

Doomshroom Guns are a whole new ball game compared to melee! Some weird/specific stuff to guns that I've figured out - I wouldn't claim to be an expert!:-

1. Elementless jewel will work but only on guns that can't fire elemental ammo. Status ammo like sleep is ok. Off the top of my head I'm not sure if poison is element or status. Anyway, you have to stare pretty hard at each gun to figure it out.

2. Some guns are built around certain specific ammo types. For example the nergigante HBG is particularly good for Spread ammo (so using it like a shotgun). Working out which gun is good for which ammo is usually a function of clipsize and reload speed....so you have to either read it on reddit or do a LOT of comparing ammo tables.

3. The mods that should be used on each gun also depend on the ammo type that will be used...sometimes a gun may have a good clip size but the reload stat is too slow, so equip a reload mod to get that stat back in line. Again there's a lot of info on the interwebs. Note that a HBG with a shield mod acts like a lance/gunlance. I just fought Kulve with Guard 3 and the Guard up skill and tanked every hit. (Side note - the shield blocks the tick damage from lava on the floor BUT it eats a lot of stamina. I just stood in the lava (by mistake) and it used my whole, maxed, 150 stamina bar)

4. I still don't have any, but if you've got the skills/gems for normal shots/pierce shots/spread shots then these buff the damage quite a bit (10% I think)

5. Get ready to embrace crafting - ammo dissappears surprisingly quickly so gather all your nuts and seeds.

6. The Xeno jiva armour set bonus is pretty good if you can get it. There's a 30% chance that you get each shot "for free". This effectively boosts the total amount of ammo you can carry and also reduces the number of times you need to reload. For low count ammo (e.g. slicing) it makes quite a big difference to time lost re-loading

7. Guns give the best flexibility for status effects. You only have to swap ammo to paralyse/sleep/poison/exhaust the monster...it's very easy to inflict statuses which can help your team a lot.

8. Rapid fire is a good damage boost if you see it on an ammo type. For every 1 bullet you fire it actually fires 3. One at full damage and the second two at half damage. So it's a very big damage boost "for free".

Random guns I've heard about:-

LBG - Karma - A bit of a swiss army knife and it has rapid fire on Normal, as well as spreadshots. So you can create a medium range or short range build. You can also get the ammo clip of slicing ammo to 2 shots if you have full free elem/ammo up stat. With the Xenojiva set bonus that often equates to a clip of 3. This is an OP ammo type that is heavily restricted, as you're not meant to use it as your default ammo (but you can with this build)

HBG - Nergy's weapon - Makes a great shotgun build with Spread 3 ammo. Checkout some vids

HBG - New Kulve weapon - Has a 6 clip for Pierce 3. Seems pretty good for just doing default damage on Kulve. Pierce isn't so good for shooting the horns but still does some damage at least. You can also use Paralyse 1 AND Paralyse 2 so you can get two per hunt. You can also throw in some sticky bombs and poison ammo etc for variety.

The HBG machine gun mode is also great for early stage Kulve. You can just dump a LOT of shots that are all doing 10-15 on the chest. Got to be worth a few hundred damage if you get them all off.

HaywireTomato

Dec 10, 2017
Anyone else haven't unlocked the power is everything trophy(obtain 5 R8 weapons) yet? I think it only counts crafted R8 weapons as I have more than 5 R8 weapons due to Kulve's siege but it is not unlocking for me.

What's a good fun monster to use ice dual blades on? The Diablos family? The Golden Fleece? Just found a nice pair of rare 8 ice dual blades last night.
You can try Teostra as he has a level 3 weakness to it. He was also the first monster that I tried SnS on as I crafted Legiana Rimespire just for him.

Skronk

Nov 22, 2017
So what's the general consensus on carving Taroth gold during the 3rd phase of the fight?

I've just been going for it since she gets stunned after that break anyway giving you enough time to get your carves before she attacks again but I feel like I'm being selfish. If she leaves the area during that phase nobody gets to carve it and I got a gem one time though so I think I'll continue.

What does everyone else do?

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah you can get 16 without breaking the horns now that I look at it, You typically only get like a quarter credit for other group's accomplishments, so if you do everything EXCEPT break the horn you're going to be at 12, but the other group breaking the horns gives you 400 and not the expected 100 or whatever so that's my bad. Therefore if you do everything but break the horns (or close to everything, there are a few extra points available) you'll get 16.

Tenjin

Dec 3, 2017
So what's the general consensus on carving Taroth gold during the 3rd phase of the fight?

I've just been going for it since she gets stunned after that break anyway giving you enough time to get your carves before she attacks again but I feel like I'm being selfish. If she leaves the area during that phase nobody gets to carve it and I got a gem one time though so I think I'll continue.

I carve when I have time while she is still there, I don't really care, I just try not to die carving ... I missed the carves when she fled once ... so it mainly depends on the feeling if a full break will happen or not ...

So is it better to do the event for BD or do I do investigatons?

I thin investigations (low faints, low time, low hunters and many gold/silver rewards) is the best bet. the event is good for getting investigations though, if you have none. But feel free to grind the event, maybe you'll get lucky...

Euler

Oct 27, 2017

Attack her horns while she is downed. It's the best opportunity to do that and depending on how good your group is it might be the difference between winning or losing the fight.

I carve when she leaves for the next room, or if it's pursuit level 1 I do it after she's been downed.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I am really getting frustrated with the Crown chasing now.

About 295 hours in and only have 1 small gold crown and 7 large ones left to get. I wanted to get the small trophy before taking a break and starting GOW on Saturday but ended up basically spending the whole day trying to get a small B.Diablos crown. Not only did i not get one but i didnt even reduce my current lowest score even though i dont even have a silver.

I spent a tonne of time abandoning quests that were too big and hunting a tonne that measured up to the guides i have seen online and not once did i reduce the size. I have now hunted about 80 B.Diablos and captured nearly 60 yet nothing.

Its just ridiculous how rare it can be for some, i mean for some monsters i have both and it only took less then 30 hunts and without checking sizes before fighting.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017

Generally I'll not carve until she leaves the room, but as the pursuit ended last night before she left the room... from now on I'm carving that motherfucker ASAP. At least until I get another two gems.

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
Same. I'd carve ASAP. Last night I swear she escaped without any warning, so I couldn't carve the gold.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really loving this event MINUS the way matchmaking seems to be handled. If it weren't for our Discord + the Reddit Discord, I'd have a REALLY hard time getting anything of value out of this event.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I just carve straight away unless it feels like time is especially critical. This siege is also really great for cash. Selling those gold mats is highly profitable.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I just carve straight away unless it feels like time is especially critical. This siege is also really great for cash. Selling those gold mats is highly profitable.

I was wondering about this. I'm up to 6 gems now. I need 4 for the armor. After that, I'm going to have all these mats that are basically useless?

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I was wondering about this. I'm up to 6 gems now. I need 4 for the armor. After that, I'm going to have all these mats that are basically useless?

They are worth a lot (not surprising I guess being golden). I have enough gems and mats for all the armour but still collect rabidly to build up cash reserves.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
TheYanger ah ok cool - sorry I hadn't realised you'd done the proper maths! (I hadn't even realised that was possible).

I'm pretty excited - got the R8 Super-thunder lance! Immediately went to equip all my thunder attack gems and realised I don't have any...thought that was weird and then discovered that they don't exist!

Realised I need the charm...but then I also rely on my guard charm for that skill....so then I realise I can swap a couple of armour pieces and get Guard that way. I start crafting the shock charm and then realise I need Kobi tadatchi claws...so I go and fight that, getting heavily trolled by a Rathian and a Pukei Pukei in the process.

So finally get my claws, go back to the workshop...and then realise I got Claws+ and I only need base Claws!!

Build postponed until I have some spare time to kill an LR Tobi Kadatchi or two.

This whole series of shenanigans feels like classic MH!! (Especially as I can already kill every monster in the game, I literally don't need this weapon or build!)

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017

It's simple, you need mats you go and carve the shit out of it as soon as you can, if you crafted everything and don't need mats anymore you go and damage that head while she is down.

Ashgar

Oct 28, 2017
How you get bonus rewards on Kulve? I never see any on failed/incomplete runs, and even on successful runs I just get one for breaking the horns (which is always another spiralhorn).

I've seen break rewards for the horn (when you get credit for chipping the horns) and the tail (last phase only) in rewards. As far as I know, either or both of these can be gems.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It depends on the context when I carve. When we're at pursuit level 4 and the horn plating breaks in area 1 or 2, it's all but guaranteed she will go to a new area soon so I can just carve it then. But if we are at pursuit level 1 and it breaks in area 3, I carve it straight away.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I finished Kulve on Friday. The biggest grind was for tickets!
I didn't craft the Beta armor, but I think I have enough gems to. The limiting factor for me is the other Elder Dragon gems you need. I don't have a surplus of those.
I guess I can always craft Kulve Beta after the event ends if I ever do get a surplus.
The armor doesn't disappear from the smithy, afaik.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I need help deciding what's best for my build. Currently it's Wyvern Ignition greatsword with Dragoneye patch, kulve chest A, teostra b, nerg b, death stench b. Do I go Damascus mail over Kulve or no? I currently have maxed out weakness exploit, attack boost cause I have the attack charm but I think Handicraft is better since I can max it out with the charm and attack jewels will eventually come through farming. My problem is that people also recommend diablos Nero gauntlets b and Dober mail and I'm admittedly lost on where to go from here. I might also swap nerg coil for Odogaron but haven't decided.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How you get bonus rewards on Kulve? I never see any on failed/incomplete runs, and even on successful runs I just get one for breaking the horns (which is always another spiralhorn).

It's completely random I think, it's the first time that's happened to me and I'm over 30+ completed runs by now. Most times it's either nothing (mostly this) or a few mining materials.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So if I just finished the Diablos and Rathalos story missions and now have the second Zorah Magdaros encounter as my active story quest, how long do I have to go before I can do the Mega Man event quest? I want to rush through it so I can get that armor for my catbro before the DMC collaboration takes its slot on Friday.

Is that reasonable, or am I probably going to stress/burn myself out before then?

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Stopped playing just after Kulve was released. Is her armor now the new meta?
Some of it's pretty decent, but I'm personally going for the looks!

So if I just finished the Diablos and Rathalos story missions and now have the second Zorah Magdaros encounter as my active story quest, how long do I have to go before I can do the Mega Man event quest? I want to rush through it so I can get that armor for my catbro before the DMC collaboration takes its slot on Friday.

Is that reasonable, or am I probably going to stress/burn myself out before then?
Second ZM quest is the gateway to high rank, and I think the MM quest is HR7 if memory serves. If you focus on just the assigned missions (where you can) it shouldn't be too much of a problem - I guess it depends whether you find yourself struggling at any point.

All of the event missions will rotate back in, by the way. If you do miss it the opportunity will come around again.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Second ZM quest is the gateway to high rank, and I think the MM quest is HR7 if memory serves. If you focus on just the assigned missions (where you can) it shouldn't be too much of a problem - I guess it depends whether you find yourself struggling at any point.

All of the event missions will rotate back in, by the way. If you do miss it the opportunity will come around again.

Yeah, my concern is just that it's a rental, and I probably won't still have it by the time the event comes back unless we're talking, like, weekly rotations. I'll see what I can do and how busy my buddy is this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.