• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A NEW MARVEL LEGEND ARRIVES!

I don't know, seems fine. I'll rent it.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
This movie's been delayed years they couldnt hop on a zoom call and record lines for the trailer instead of "I fOund mySELF transFormed-neeD to CONSUME human Blo!od" sounding like Captain Kirk

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Honestly, the best trailer for it yet.

More Keaton and finally showing Matt Smith but at least they saved his transformation into Hunger. Lost Boys joke was pretty good given the soundtrack choice.

Hoping it's inoffensive to good.

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
Had to watch with the sound off at work but why is Michael Keaton constantly shown? Is he the same character from Spider-Man or someone new?

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
Here I was hoping for another Spider-Man reference after the famous poster in the first trailer.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
the inclusion of Toomes still confuses me. Other than that, it looks fine. I just wish Jared Leto wasn't in this.

sophora

Oct 29, 2017
Well that's certainly a movie I'll watch later in October. The April 1st release date appearing after the voiceover of "a new marvel legend" is pretty fun.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
this movie like it's release date....is a joke

I just wanted to make that joke. thank you for entertaining it

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't have the goofy charm of Venom, but I'm interested in what this does to evolve Sony's Universe in any significant way because Spider-Man will inevitably become entangled with these characters.

The trailers have not hit, but I'll give the full thing a chance.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That doesn't look like the Vulture for some reason. Either way, we know it's not the same universe as the MCU, so it's not the same guy.

Movie looks aggressively average.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The bat guy?

OR

The bad guy?

im-not-wearing-hockey-pads-batman.gif

hockey-pants.jpg

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
This movie's been delayed years they couldnt hop on a zoom call and record lines for the trailer instead of "I fOund mySELF transFormed-neeD to CONSUME human Blo!od" sounding like Captain Kirk

I think this "cut together" sounding of the lines is intentional, almost every trailer out there has this. I think its probably done for a similar effect that youtubers use jump-cuts for.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Guarantee? Good, I was looking to get to the bottom of this, please post your sources so I can read up on it.

Well, my source is that what you said makes no sense and it's nothing remotely like YouTuber jump cuts.

Trailers do this al the time -- cutting out sections of sentences to describe something to the viewer in a quicker fashion as footage is shown. It's simply done poorly here. They didn't make it sound bad on purpose lol

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Sure would be lame if all he did was fight dudes with guns the whole movie. Sure would be lame if he fought a dude with the same powers in the last act.

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
Well, my source is that what you said makes no sense and it's nothing remotely like YouTuber jump cuts.

Trailers do this al the time -- cutting out sections of sentences to describe something to the viewer in a quicker fashion as footage is shown. It's simply done poorly here. They didn't make it sound bad on purpose lol

Okay so you dont actually know and are just talking out of your ass, got it.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, the best trailer for it yet.

More Keaton and finally showing Matt Smith but at least they saved his transformation into Hunger. Lost Boys joke was pretty good given the soundtrack choice.

Hoping it's inoffensive to good.

I actually agree on this. This was the best trailer of the three.

Leto is still hard for me to get past, but I thought it was at least ok enough.

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
I had no idea Jared Harris was in this. And that Matt Smith needs to find himself a better agent.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Fairly generic overall but the action looks fun.

Movies in general, or at least 'big' movies, seem to be carrying on just fine post-pandemic (I know it's not really 'post'). Being attached to the Marvel universe, coming off the heels of Spidey and linking to Venom or Vulture or whoever else...I think it'll do pretty well at the box office. It's another 'superhero movie'.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
it's a better trailer than the previous ones but it this still looks pretty bad.
Okay so you dont actually know and are just talking out of your ass, got it.
awkwardly cutting down and combining dialogue to make snappier lines for trailers is common, it's unlikely that it'll sound like that in the film. not sure i understand the hostility.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
awkwardly cutting down and combining dialogue to make snappier lines for trailers is common, it's unlikely that it'll sound like that in the film. not sure i understand the hostility.
Yeah, trailers and ads are very strict on time so you try to make it as concise as possible, sometimes with hilarious results