• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This awful take from men who are angry about the change to Twitch's gambling policy has been very common over the past couple days but here we have a Twitter-verified member of FaZe Clan -- someone with a very large platform who often has thousands of live viewers on his streams -- attacking female streamers without even attempting to hide the blatant sexism.

Twitter is unlikely to do anything, as they rarely do anything about bigoted tweets.

FaZe Clan appears to be completely fine with their members using their platform to promote bigotry, as shown by roster member Virus making homophobic remarks and FaZe Clan ignoring it, despite calls for him to be dropped.

Will Twitch do something about it, given that one of their streamers is using his platform to attack other streamers? These platforms need to do better. Bigotry like this should result in immediate bans.

View: https://twitter.com/ZooMaa/status/1572671706518650881

When called out on his language by a man, he of course jumps to, "Why defend women who won't have sex with you?"

View: https://twitter.com/ZooMaa/status/1572671988073889793

And when a woman who streams for 100 Thieves calls him out on the misogyny, he disingenuously pretends he wasn't just talking about women (he was) and then goes after her, saying she "should be embarrassed."

View: https://twitter.com/ZooMaa/status/1572674565092044800

View: https://twitter.com/ZooMaa/status/1572679794986450945

Image link in case he ends up deleting the tweet:

vZUsV1r.png

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This company has been dogshit since I was 13 years old, pretty wild they exist in the same dogshit manner

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Calling women whores to protect the kids.

Wonder if he protected kids from Faze's crypto scams and other predatory behavior.

Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Thread Whining on a Sensitive Topic; Prior Infractions for Dismissive Commentary
I'll be honest: I'm getting tired of coming on here reading about complete trash losers being complete trash losers.
Assholes gonna asshole, twitch needs to step up, but man, I don't need to read about morons being bigots and hateful and dumb drama. I hate streamers as it is.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fanboys backing up his garbage just makes it extra slimy

So glad the streamers I watch aren't anywhere close to this ugly shit

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad I largely don't follow online personalities and have no idea who the fuck these people are

But I feel for the people they harrass/target

Roliq

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 23, 2018
The people supporting him in the comments are so trash holy shit

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest: I'm getting tired of coming on here reading about complete trash losers being complete trash losers.
Assholes gonna asshole, twitch needs to step up, but man, I don't need to read about morons being bigots and hateful and dumb drama. I hate streamers as it is.
There are TONS of completely well adjusted streamers who don't act like assholes. Let's not lump them all up because of shit stains like these.

Brick

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to think that there may not be a single good person associated with Faze Clan.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure it's a requirement to be an asshole if you want to be in Faze. Only time I ever hear about them is one of their members does some shit like this.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Ignoring problems will not make them go away. When people who are verified on multiple social media platforms -- and who have a large audience of young people -- are using those platforms to spread bigotry, we need to shine lights on it.

If everyone had the "I'm tried of reading about this stuff, assholes gonna asshole" attitude, nothing would ever change. That's just an unfortunate and indisputable fact of life.

What an asshole.

Also, gambling streams do FAR more harm to young kids than boobs.

I think most people like him know this. However, they have an irrational hatred toward women and they believe this gives them an excuse to talk about it.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Faze has always been the dudebro asshole brand this doesnt surprise me at all.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
When I first heard the name FaZe clan many years ago I just got this feeling that its a group full of douchebags. Kinda amazing how accurate my assumptions were.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How so many streamers have a loyal band of dipshits that follow these idiots into the dirt is beyond me.

Touch grass etc etc w/e

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The reason why all those suckers are angry is because their success is rarely personal, but tied to a platform that very few of them can be independent of. Their popularity is alway stucked into another one : a popular game, a popular platform or an existing community that pushed them, while wh*res can please their audience alone and by themselves, contrary to those parasites.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018
As a 33 year old ass mfer who doesn't get the appeal of streaming a single bit , I don't know how these idiots have become such big platforms

cyress8

Avenger
I don't know any of these people caught up in this twitch drama, but as someone outside looking in, I'm getting gamergate 2.0 vibes. These dicks are going to start harassing women on twitch like mad once gambling is 100% gone.

Shadow2222

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand streaming and just can't fathom the appeal of esports/watching people play games/gamble/whatever, so I may be biased, but at this point I really think the whole Twitch platform does way more harm than good, is entirely unregulated except for what little Twitch themselves does, and should be shut down. I know this hurts the good streamers out there, of which I'm sure there are more of them than these kind, but giving a platform to these people and the lasting harm it is causing to kids (and easily influenced adults) is unfathomable. Of course, this won't happen, and I understand why, but I feel for everyone out there

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The guy obviously doesn't actually care about the young kids or there supposedly being sexual content on Twitch. He's just a misogynist manchild lashing out at Twitch (and women) in anger in a pathetic attempt to cause them problems because they disallowed him or someone he knows from continuing to make money from dubious gambling stuff. Twitch needs to stop coddling these kinds of detrimental scumbags. Just get them out ASAP and allow less shitty people to take their spots. Feels like things always have to turn completely into shit before these platforms start removing it. Be a bit more pro-active please.

But to be fair Twitch did...or well I don't know for how long it's actually been a problem, but the time from when people started talking about the situation with the scammer gambler guy, until Twitch decided to shut things down, was actually very brisk. I suspect it was maybe something they'd already been thinking about for a bit.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
There are so many shitty faze members I'm starting to believe it's some sort of reqirement.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Y'know, sometimes "The Internet was a mistake" really feels less and less like a joke.

It's enriched and emboldened some of the worst people in society, and their influence over others is downright frightening at times.

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
ReykjavĂ­k, Iceland
I only ever seem to hear about Faze Clan when they're being a clown parade. I don't even know what they do but I'm pretty sure the world doesn't need it.

buttzilla

Sep 9, 2020
Go it preordered at both gamestop and target. Want to cancel the gamestop preorder cuz i get the redcard discount with Target. Do I just go back to the Gamestop store with my preorder receipt and tell them to cancel or can you just cancel it online?
I bet you could just call up GameStop and tell them your receipt number/info and they can cancel it over the phone