• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
I'd love it of they started porting the classic titles. DQ VIII and IX would be awesome. Would even be great if they just start at 1, and bring over the same versions they had on Switch.

I love Microsoft's initiative for bringing over Japanese games. I wonder what series could be next, once DQ is on Xbox? Hopefully Persona everything, and Shin Megami everything. If Microsoft pays ti get the Shin Megami Series ported, maybe all the classic titles will come to other platforms too.

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Please give me Dragon Quest XII, Dragon Quest Rocket Slime and Dragon Quest X.

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
The only one I can think of is the Heroes series, and maybe the upcoming Dai? That would be great.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Probably going to give us the shit tier vaseline smear graphical versions of 1-3. Oh the joy.

Knight

Jul 26, 2020
Italy
Heroes 1 and 2 most likely. But since Square Enix is going full multiplatform with DQ, I believe we might also see the ports of DQ I-II-III coming to Xbox/PS/PC too (they're available only on Switch here despite being on PS4/Switch/3DS in Japan).

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
So anything else would have to be something that never showed up on Xbox, right? Only other PC ports are DQX (not localized) and the two Heroes games (bad ports). Otherwise it's all Nintendo, Sony and mobile platforms.

So definitely something new. MS emerging as a friend of DQ localizations is not something I saw coming but I'm all for it.

My guess is 1-2-3 ports. My wish is the 3DS remakes of VII and VIII getting console ports.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
No, it's unlocked. Frequent frame drops on base PS4. Solid 60fps on PS5 though.

Besides the PS4 multiplayer servers are off so hopefully if Heroes 2 comes to GamePass the multiplayer will work again. (Heroes 1 did not have multiplayer)
Oh really? I guess that explains why I was having trouble connecting to the online dungeons then lol.