• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Just spent the past week having a blast playing Lego City Undercover on switch with my youngest sister. Being able to independently explore the massive open world was a blessing as i was largely able to explore on my own while my sister could focus on pushing forward with the story.

I'm not necessarily looking for child friendly open world games, but any other open world games you can do local coop with would be awesome.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I'd be curious too, as my daughter and I had a blast with Lego City Undercover but there aren't many like it. A few of the other recent Lego games have limited open worlds, although there isn't much to do in them.

Portal Knights isn't strictly open world but a patch last year enabled each local player to visit different areas, so you can explore independently.

That also reminds me that it's absolutely criminal Don't Starve Together does not have local co-op on PC (it does on PS4).

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Another LEGO game: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2

It has a wide variety of characters so it's pretty cool :D

maxresdefault.jpg

legomarvelsu21.jpg

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Saint Row games I think.

Actually I don't know if they're even offline coop

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Interested in this too. Saints Row is great but doesn't do local. I used to play SR2 in LAN in my bedroom, it was such a fun experience.

I think Lego games are the best answer to anything local coop now.

Reminder that Lego Star Wars the Skywalker Saga will have an open galaxy with local coop. Can't wait to see some gameplay on this one.