• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

View: https://twitter.com/smb_jp/status/1585783406519996419?s=46&t=GxI3EfPir2XvUB5pHvvHHQ

Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2 Remake Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2 Remake"
Downloadable content "Morgana" will be available 🔽.

until ⌚23:59 on Thursday, November 3, 2022❗️.
If you haven't already 🐾⚫🍌🍌.

———

Dunno what the issue here, but that's what the Japanese Twitter is saying. Haven't seen mention of it on the US version but probably better safe than sorry if you want them.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Maybe something to do with the rights to the JP voice actress of Morgana? I can't fathom what else what be an issue.

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Tough economy these days. Sega can't even pay for the license of a Sega character.

Oct 26, 2017
Utterly bizarre when you OWN THE FUCKING CHARACTER!

I swear no major company in gaming is worse with licenses/copyrights than Sega. Let's review shall we?

Sonic 3's soundtrack
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz' soundtrack
The characters Sonic's multimedia career like the freedom fighters, and other characters from the DiC era, Archie comics, etc. Also; Penders
Sonic 1 and 2's soundtrack apparently still require payment to Masato Nakamura/Dreams Come True IIRC
Now removing Morgana, a character from their own subsidiary (they may even own the rights themselves anyway) from SMB:BM

Like, this company baffles me to no end.
Maybe something to do with the rights to the JP voice actress of Morgana? I can't fathom what else what be an issue.
But that's Ikue Ohtani, aka... PIKACHU! O_o

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Well shit, the DLC was on sale a bit ago but I passed because why would a SEGA character get delisted from a SEGA game?

Even as a Persona fan I'm not sure I'm too worried (I can use Sonic or Kiryu instead), but damn.

The evil is defeated while king Suezo stays winning.

Yup, and somehow the actual licensed characters in Suezo and Hello Kitty are apparently fine. :/

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Well shit, the DLC was on sale a bit ago but I passed because why would a SEGA character get delisted from a SEGA game?

Even as a Persona fan I'm not sure I'm too worried (I can use Sonic or Kiryu instead), but damn.

Yup, and somehow the actual licensed characters in Suezo and Hello Kitty are apparently fine. :/
Didn't those two get delisted a few weeks ago? Neither is available on Steam. (Or were they never on Steam to begin with?)

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to process this...
giphy.gif

Alex4

May 12, 2019
Weird how Suezo and Hello Kitty DLC are delisted from Steam but still available on Switch.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I went to check this out as I was thinking it was free DLC for some reason. $5? They can keep it.

LOL, that's why most of us skipped it. If it'd had music or voice clips I might have gone for it, but nope.

Was funny as hell to see Suezo of all things show up though. I guess the mini-revival for Monster Rancher at the moment justifies it.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, Suezo is gone too? What the fuck, I had been holding off on the game until a decent sale as the ONLY reason I wanted to buy it was to play as him, now there is absolutely no point.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This thing was 5€? More than 10% of the game's price, crazy for a skin without unique voice or sounds.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think Ikue Ohtani isn't voicing Pikachu in SwSh either and it's back to being the classic GB cry. Wonder if there's a relation.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

Madao

Avalanche's One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
this is the company whose JP branch did more damage to their console business than any competitor ever did.

De Amigo

Dec 19, 2017
Seems like it got taken off the steam store, and I just missed it too 😭

Last edited: