• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I think I've said it a while back (maybe during MK11) but I disliked the UMK3 ninja look after finding out the bottoms were spandex with a Sonya Blade-esque color patch on the ass. Always saw it has a being a wider hanging back cloth that would cling during certain moves or something. Loved 'em back in the day but, again, modern representations sort of kill it with such stiff, action figure looking renditions of them.

Also, is there some kind artist/rights reason why they don't quite get the tops right, ever? Or just to keep us wanting and hoping like the movie masks?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
HOLD UP2 WHILE FINISHING WITH A GRAB!
Ha, I was just reading it on Eventhubs since it came up in my Google feed. If that twitter has it, I can't see it.

And just in case, my frustration after me asking was going back to my cyborg trouble... but I was gifted the win after doing the same combo that didn't work for a couple dozen tries lol.

Oct 27, 2017
With all of these 3D era skins coming (and leaking), I'm still left yearning for MK4 Reptile. I even downloaded my son's art app to do a thing:

Untitled1_20240422181752.png

But looking at it in small form, it looks like he has beautiful, raven black hair hahaha. Just wanted to add the hood to the skin....

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
With all of these 3D era skins coming (and leaking), I'm still left yearning for MK4 Reptile. I even downloaded my son's art app to do a thing:

Untitled1_20240422181752.png

But looking at it in small form, it looks like he has beautiful, raven black hair hahaha. Just wanted to add the hood to the skin....

That's my favorite Reptile look too I also liked X but we wont ever get those because they aren't pallet swaps. Which is fair they can't really afford to release something that might sell well when the OG trilogy skins always sell it's just how it is with live serivce games.
I'm learning Liu Kang right now and being able to zone has been so helpful plus he's lethal up close too. There is so much dirty shit in this game it's nice to play a character that can cheese right back.

Oct 27, 2017
Fanart aside, now that Invasions is quite fun and dlc like Ermac and Quan Chi (i.e. not third party superheroes) being, looking and playing very cool, I'm loving going through with random pallettes and gear and leveling up and unlocking stuff.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Ermac turned out great.

I can't share any negativity about this game at all, it's a great fighting game imo.

Oct 27, 2017
Untitled2_20240423200042.png

Folks..... I did a thing.... and I've been wanting this as some kind of second gear slot for Reptile. Unique skins and klassic outfits would be great additions to mix in.

Oct 27, 2017
They get some things right but then they do stupid shit like make Johnny's energy balls in his round 3 boss fight one hit kill. Give me a fucking break.

And I gotta wait for some shitty hidden timer for the KO to register. FUuuuuuUuCK

4 fucking attempts. This game, at least on the PS5 controller, isn't that responsive, stop this stupid shit ffs!

....I have to jump over two pillars AND THEN dash to the end of a falling row of them. Ok...

Finally gave in and used the immune to projectiles I didn't want to have to use and holy shit is it not only too long, but I'm laughing at my character diagonally jumping in the opposite direction several times in a row (no chaos). This controller is garbage.

Last edited:

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
I believe as of late last year Discord tends to time-out hotlinking on other platforms. I was curious about seeing your edits, too.

(Try Directupload or ImgBB. And if you ever used Abload, save and/or reupload your images elsewhere as it's going offline by June 30th).

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I hate kombat league it's like pulling teeth I will run sets all day in casuals but two hours of kombat league and I hated every second of it.

Oct 27, 2017
I believe as of late last year Discord tends to time-out hotlinking on other platforms. I was curious about seeing your edits, too.

(Try Directupload or ImgBB. And if you ever used Abload, save and/or reupload your images elsewhere as it's going offline by June 30th).
Thanks. I used to use abload but last I tried there was something preventing me and it seemed like the site was done for then. Was surprised by the recent news making it seem like it was still functional.

Oct 27, 2017
Testing re-uploads

The other I've deleted, but it was just MK4 Reptile with Mk1's hood slapped on and color matched to his black top.... but in the smaller image on the dark themed background, it made it look like Tekken 2 Lei Wulong hair on a lizard man body haha.

Last edited:

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Fake ass ranked mode I went on an 6 game win streak but I'm still in the second rank because it's not my time to rank up yet. You don't get enough points for a win and when you go on a win streak it forces you to fight some poor rank 1 raiden that was 2/22 how is that fair to them?
I remember a few seasons ago I was in Master rank and got matched with a guy with the same amount of points as me only for him it was a rank up match and for me it was like 40 or wtf ever low amount of points they give you.
Also lag switchs everytime I touched this guy it went to 400ping he hits me and it's 120 and he still would have lost had he not cranked it to max settings at the last second.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Fake ass ranked mode I went on an 6 game win streak but I'm still in the second rank because it's not my time to rank up yet. You don't get enough points for a win and when you go on a win streak it forces you to fight some poor rank 1 raiden that was 2/22 how is that fair to them?
I remember a few seasons ago I was in Master rank and got matched with a guy with the same amount of points as me only for him it was a rank up match and for me it was like 40 or wtf ever low amount of points they give you.
Also lag switchs everytime I touched this guy it went to 400ping he hits me and it's 120 and he still would have lost had he not cranked it to max settings at the last second.
I hate the over reliance of ranks and points and rewards in fighting games. It limits some cool shit to a very select few people, and I bet it's a fraction of that fraction that even cares about skins and shit.

Oct 27, 2017
Lol at 3 forge failures in a row....

Pros:
-Adding music/ambience to the mesa select screen. Was so annoying how silent it was, especially if you're peeking down at your phone waiting for it to load and never get an audible clue that you're ready to go.
-Mash-up characters as ambush and secret fights. Love seeing the combinations.
-The unique patterning/texturing on the clothing (lightning bolts and thunderclouds etc) and the unique special effects (glowing lightning) still.
-Character mini-games.... at least the concept.

Cons:
-Cyborg fights. I'm just doing the same stock combo over and over. I like seeing the different elemental cyborgs but it'd be cooler in some other fashion.
-Talismans and Relics... still. Even when I try to engage with it, I'm met with deterrence. Failed forging as stated above and stupid shit like %chance of defeat if knocked down etc.
-Pallettes. Too similar to a couple different seasons. I'm done with yellows, oranges and off-blues. I'm done with the concept over all.
-The execution of the character mini-games.

Ideas:
-Get rid of the timers and/or deaths in all of the mini games. If anything, just give a higher currency reward based on time it took or least amount of hits taken etc. I might keep playing them FOR FUN in that case.
-Give us another gear option. Some characters are begging for mask/head options, others something to do with their powers (maybe alternate colors or textures)... and Reptile's lizard form skin.
-Loadouts options and the ability to randomly select between them (as a companion to randomize all and randomize favorites).
-Customization added to the "Quests/Mastery/Kareer Stats..." tab screen. Don't want to always have to back out to the main menu to set a gear or pallette or favorite something or check off a taunt.
-A color wheel to set your own color combos! Then I can get into a seasonal mood the way I want and go in unlocking the cool as hell texture/filigree/embroidery/patterning and special effect goodness instead 7 versions of slightly different colorways per pallette.
-Obviously taking away those different pallettes means less rewards to give. How about adding the seasonal textures and effects etc to gear??? More rewards!!!

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I hate the over reliance of ranks and points and rewards in fighting games. It limits some cool shit to a very select few people, and I bet it's a fraction of that fraction that even cares about skins and shit.

Mk11 used to stat reports and apparently GM and up was a very small percent of the playerbase getting smaller as it got higher. It's really not fair some people just can't compete online they got rid of their do these challenges system and made it even worse. Kombat League already suffers from hardly anyone playing it but without those challenges almost no one plays it it's not uncommon on a weekend to run into the same few people over and over again in a certain rank.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018

Facial model is excelent, i hope the VA deliver also.

About the Ermac reception comment, i wonder if it entails in more changes to the core systems or maybe a soft rework of some characters, Rain and Reptile for instance are much more interesting in terms of gameplay since last patch, while i personally love the game, i hope they keep commiting to their vision of allowing players to be creative as possible with characters and kameos.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope for some QoL updates too!

Btw, guess I discovered a bug that's more than just an annoyance in kombo challenges. I remember complaining about it a previous patch or two ago when new combos were added where one of Reptile's moves wouldn't be counted as connecting despite hitting and juggling the opponent as intended. This meant completing more of the combo wasn't possible like skipping a checkpoint in a racing game. Seems it applies to the cyborg trials because I notice that your last hit whiffs when you kill the bot, disabling further hits in a combo. What kept happening to me (as I was raging about recently) is I'd whiff a clear as day hit that'd extend my combo and would seemingly kill the bot but it'd land and I die. Kept thinking I just needed one more hit but it kept whiffing! But then after several tries, I'd get "gifted" the completion despite performing the same combo (and still whiffing). So not sure if it has an effect in actual matches but it definitely needs optimization. That, and the fact that I can do the same thing several times in a row but sometimes my force ball lacks pop, sometimes I get the high juggle for an air combo. Too inconsistent and that's not even mentioning the visual of the ball itself sometimes being just the inside without the orb around it.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I fought someone using a lag switch and beat them both sets with a huge life lead how much do you suck to cheat and still lose that badly.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I encountered someone who had to be using one as well. Don't think I was as successful as you, but it's definitely pathetic.

Oct 27, 2017
Any good Scorpion combos for the icebot in the last mesa?

Wait, wonder if I just use the start in kritical relic and fatal blow it?

New idea: Add character specific combo challenges to these bots instead.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Any good Scorpion combos for the icebot in the last mesa?

Wait, wonder if I just use the start in kritical relic and fatal blow it?

New idea: Add character specific combo challenges to these bots instead.
Granted, I'm on the second to last mesa, but so far all I've had to do is literally just find a character that "does more damage to..." the bot's element, dump all stats into attack and do a single uppercut.

Oct 27, 2017
Yikes at doing Geras' trials. I have NO idea about this mechanic AT ALL and attempting it and seemingly doing it correctly is met with failure. Cool, thanks for some rules or a demo, game.

Oct 27, 2017
OK geeze, going into Geras blind was a pain but eventually did them with little info.

Anyway, just saw the teaser for next season. Somehow I hadn't come across it but I'm really excited
Reptile obviously

Since Reptile has garbage alt and dark/boss skins*, I can't wait for new variants of the default with what I assume will be Reptile colors and some acid/reptilian detailing.

*I had a few of his alt pallettes set up as favorites to randomly cycle through and I just can't when one comes up. So generic and assett starved and looks like a last minute model pulled from a faceless NPC. So goofy. And the dark skin is no better. The skin tight stuff just bugs me.

Oh, and unlocking a rain variant of the tea house is awesome af. When playing it, I was second guessing if it was always raining and then wondered if it was a variant with the new season but never checked. Unlocking it answered that for me.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017

They're doing it?!

No fucking way!

Answering all of my qualms and more than making up for not having Reptile in MK11 (my guiltiest purchase made sadder by over using AI fights to do towers for the unlock grind as I awaited a hopeful DLC release).
They gave me morphing Reptile (though not a stance change, close enough)
Added full-screen spit.
And now movie suits!?

That's not a mod he's sharing, right?

Oct 27, 2017
I love the turnaround, positivity and communication!

I'm playing MK more than Tekken 8 and I love both. I just can't say that that'd be the case if invasions never improved (and there's still room for growth).