PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
The DLC costumes being miles better than anything else in the game is really killing my desire to grind KL when I can just chill and wait and eventually a much better costume will come around for the cost of some coffee. I'm starting to think I just don't have the time for fighting games anymore.

Last edited:

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
The ranks are fake it matched me with a Champion when I was still warrior it was a rank up match for both of us that's not how it's supposed to work you can't rank up from fighting a lower rank.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played for a while, but I was checking skins online, and I saw a Raiden skin I like. I'm not sure it's name, but if someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it. Also, is this one of those skins available for a limited time, or is it shop skin that'll come back for sale?

Raiden_Skin006_REL_Peacemaker_Pal001.png

Aug 26, 2018
日本
I haven't played for a while, but I was checking skins online, and I saw a Raiden skin I like. I'm not sure it's name, but if someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it. Also, is this one of those skins available for a limited time, or is it shop skin that'll come back for sale?

I know the outfit is collectively called "Hero's Journey." Just keep pulling from the Shrine and you'll get it eventually.

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, they've been putting the story mode variants in the shrine each season which is pretty cool.

Oct 27, 2017
I was watching some high level Reptile kombos (new update) and I get so damn jealous. I can't play like that and won't be able to but if NRS was working on some kind of easy mode like their contemporaries, even if just for single player, offline and private vs, I'd love the ability to have the game look that cool as I play it. It gets a little monotonous spamming the same combo or special moves over and over and training mode and my PS5 pads have proven I CANNOT learn to do the more intricate combos.

Seems like a sad thing to request lol, but man, there's a major cool and fun factor difference between me and what was on display. I'm not even perfect blocking or up blocking, I'm sorry.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I was watching some high level Reptile kombos (new update) and I get so damn jealous. I can't play like that and won't be able to but if NRS was working on some kind of easy mode like their contemporaries, even if just for single player, offline and private vs, I'd love the ability to have the game look that cool as I play it. It gets a little monotonous spamming the same combo or special moves over and over and training mode and my PS5 pads have proven I CANNOT learn to do the more intricate combos.

Seems like a sad thing to request lol, but man, there's a major cool and fun factor difference between me and what was on display. I'm not even perfect blocking or up blocking, I'm sorry.

I can't really do any combos above 30% and I'm almost at grandmaster I don't think I could get much higher than that though. It's hard doing any combos online the games kind of busted alot of time you see someone t bagging their trying to do a down forward or back move. The Dual Sense is really great and immersive for single player games but it sucks for fighters pretty much every current gen controller has a shit d pad. I had to buy a hitbox but that's not an option for everybody or anyone with common sense not to spend that much on a controller.
They should try a modern mode even if it's a new character with just that style like Ed was in SFV I think it was Ed anyway.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even know how I'd propose it. Maybe holding the stance switch and pressing different face buttons (or combinations of them) performs special moves and holding the enhance button with successive face button presses performs preloaded combos like both SF6 and T8 have.

I'd hate to keep seeing the characters stance switching though upon press. Already bugged me trying to perform Nitara's trials but that was turning completely around when I was trying to diagonal air up forward over a saw blade. They need to iron those minigames out lol.

Speaking of. I can't to that damn 60 sec Raiden trial. Absolute fucking bullshit.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm almost grandmaster but the servers really suck during primetime. I'm seeing a huge variety of characters this season mostly Ermac in low rank but up in Master I'm seeing everybody hopefully no Sindels I suck against her. This season I've got a 50/50 win ratio which isn't good but last season I had 37 by the time I got to Master and 43 when I got to grandmaster.

May 7, 2024
I'm one of the biggest MK fans …but idk why I didn't enjoy MK1 as much …
I can't even pin point it , but the DLC fatality killed my mood for it …I obviously know it's not that big of a deal but the fact it's a option just doesn't sit right with me

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
The online play is pretty good now I've had more 70 ping matches in a day then I did in the entire time the game was out. I even had one 40 ping match but now that the servers are fixed no one can time their moves correctly anymore.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm one of the biggest MK fans …but idk why I didn't enjoy MK1 as much …
I can't even pin point it , but the DLC fatality killed my mood for it …I obviously know it's not that big of a deal but the fact it's a option just doesn't sit right with me
Fwiw in case you missed it, they did bundle 3 fatalities into one price but it was still a fumble. They are slowly righting the ship imo and you can sort of see that sentiment across the community from what I have gathered.

I'm still not a fan of the kameos as they're currently integrated. I have a tough time differentiating between my forward or back presses vs using f or b for kameos and get finger tied to the point I just don't even bother for the most part. That technical aspect also keeps me offline so that's a chunk of the game I'm completely ignoring and missing out on. There's no way I'm catching up enough to have fun and earn rewards. And forget about trying to introduce it to fellow casuals. If they're really in it for the long haul, it needs a beefy casual mode. Turn invasions into a kombat board game playable offline and online multiplayer. Rolling different gimmicks during fights and survives and shit.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Lol, they made the last Raiden trial "easier". No, it is still dogshit using the same dogshit controls. Dashing forward like a fucking IDIOT to avoid shit looks so damn stupid. Then character doesn't turn around promptly enough and if so then you gotta hope the move comes out, enhanced too if needed, jumping sucks etc etc etc. Fucking hate this stupid shit.

I can see this working if you controlled which direction you looked like a side scrolling game. But they gotta have the stupid movesets work and not give an easy move function that this type of mode is tailor-made for...

Edit: I end up hating everything when I have a dumb session like this. Now two times wasted in towers because of the stupid cleaver. All this to play as a character I don't use just to get dragon krystals that won't even amount to much while my main sits ignored.

Edit 2: wait fuck... I'm playing therefore engagement, so they win.... shit.

Last edited:

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, they made the last Raiden trial "easier". No, it is still dogshit using the same dogshit controls. Dashing forward like a fucking IDIOT to avoid shit looks so damn stupid. Then character doesn't turn around promptly enough and if so then you gotta hope the move comes out, enhanced too if needed, jumping sucks etc etc etc. Fucking hate this stupid shit.

I can see this working if you controlled which direction you looked like a side scrolling game. But they gotta have the stupid movesets work and not give an easy move function that this type of mode is tailor-made for...

Edit: I end up hating everything when I have a dumb session like this. Now two times wasted in towers because of the stupid cleaver. All this to play as a character I don't use just to get dragon krystals that won't even amount to much while my main sits ignored.

Edit 2: wait fuck... I'm playing therefore engagement, so they win.... shit.

That one was stupid I have a hitbox so I was doing the meter burn moves and my wife was pressing L2 to stance switch me because I couldn't do it fast enough and do the move. Whats even worse is they standardized his HP so you can't even pump all your points into health and cheese it. The clever hits you and the enemy so just croutch and kick the shit out of their shins the knife will kill them.

Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn I was so moody. Played some online T8 sessions for a palate cleanse. I wish I can feel the same sense of control and command over my character in MK. Do I want release check on or off? (Both haven't really helped me much but figured I'd rather settle on something comparable to Tekken)

Also, should I have that extra controls setting on (qcfs instead of d,f)? I perform qcfs by default with the d,f option and maybe that's fudging me up.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I hit grandmaster I won 8 sets in a row to get promoted I ended up maining Liu Kang I haven't played him for real since MK4. But I'm loving having a main now.

Ingueferroque

Dec 26, 2023
New York, NY
If anything, I do appreciate that they did bother to add trading cards/point shop items to the Steam version many months after release. Even if there aren't that many point shop items.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
What are your control options? I meant to look up what the best options are after my previous post but haven't. Maybe I can get a consensus from those still active itt.

I'm pretty sure I have everything off but button shortcuts and my input time is on medium. If I play on a controller I use alternative controls it's easier to do half circles on the analog stick for me cause I'm a weirdo and learned to play fighting games on them.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, no matter what, I just can't do anything consistently in MK1. Sometimes the opponent pops up differently, sometimes my special doesn't want to come out, a juggle whiffs, a kameo comes out differently or in the wrong spot, I'm holding a button too long, I jump because of stupid "up" notations... On top of all this, I can't even decently practice because of modifiers and armor, especially post mesas in the towers.

Give me a "hold shoulder button, press face button for special move; hold other shoulder button, press face buttons for strings" type setting. I can hardly remember these strings when they're ineffective with no reaction against armor, interrupted by what seems like everything and overall inconsistent (sometimes it ignores my second hit and cancels into my special too early). Do I suck? Clearly, but I don't have a hard time in the past games or other games. (Edit: elder god forbid I want to throw in a jump string and add kameos into the mix...)

And if we're changing character moves, I really wish Reptile would go invisible as fast as every other depiction of it in the game (story, win poses, ...Smoke).

All this is magnified after playing Tekken 8.... online even.

Oct 27, 2017
.........killing me INSTANTLY because a body explodes at match start.... on the last level of the seasonal tower.

Done with this shit for another season. Corny af.

Why do I torment myself?

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, no matter what, I just can't do anything consistently in MK1. Sometimes the opponent pops up differently, sometimes my special doesn't want to come out, a juggle whiffs, a kameo comes out differently or in the wrong spot, I'm holding a button too long, I jump because of stupid "up" notations... On top of all this, I can't even decently practice because of modifiers and armor, especially post mesas in the towers.
This is why I quit the game cold. I'm not a Sako level execution master, but the game forever felt odd / felt clunky / felt like stuff just wouldn't come out. I mean, sure, the gameplay itself felt bad / not the greatest to me, either, but I was tolerating it....but combined with the controls....

I can do specials in street fighter one, I shouldn't have been having so many issues in MK 1.

They might've improved it since then, but I dunno. That was the true deathblow to me, not ridiculous monetization.

Oct 27, 2017
This is why I quit the game cold. I'm not a Sako level execution master, but the game forever felt odd / felt clunky / felt like stuff just wouldn't come out. I mean, sure, the gameplay itself felt bad / not the greatest to me, either, but I was tolerating it....but combined with the controls....

I can do specials in street fighter one, I shouldn't have been having so many issues in MK 1.

They might've improved it since then, but I dunno. That was the true deathblow to me, not ridiculous monetization.
I had been getting enjoyment from just playing but it dissipates when the urge to level another character to actually unlock base gear and pallettes and brutalities strikes and I spend so much time with a character I don't main and barely know how to use against stupid, fun killing modifiers (some are cool - foggy lightning storms? Hell yeah).

And then on top of that, the gameplay gets stagnant because I'm not really capable of playing it to its potential and playing it casually (overusing specials, basic combos) stops doing the trick.

The seasonal tower was supposed to be the thing that held me on until they made it corny. I didn't notice it was boring/I suck and make it boring or the modifiers are shit when the enemies were low level, gradually getting higher.

Also, I need more Reptile alts. I only have 2 (default and UMK3) because the others are bad and either lack personality like a background NPC (UoL) or overdesigned fanart (OoD) using stock assets (*search: lizard skins, *use first results)

Edit: lol yeah, I am not going to sell this game to anyone watching. Just played through regular towers to get Ermac's ending... It's the constant stops after 2-3 hit strings that makes it feel so stiff and not casual friendly. Was triggering my anxiety, no exaggeration. Like an internal cry as I ponder why I suck and why I'm playing and if it'll get better and why I'm even affected this strongly.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
...............so I learned to block at the start of matches and blocked all would-be exploding bodies...........

......but then again, at the last level.... after I killed Nitara for round one...... one blew up and took my life. I was still standing and I thought "hehe, no worries, my life will refill for round two like always....". Nope, finish him at round start.

View: https://youtu.be/nrxRAPRHeVI?feature=shared

This game hates me and is torturing me for trying to find enjoyment outside of cosmetics that are dwindling/not attracting me.

Peace until next season I guess. Or movie Reptile but with my luck, it's probably only Scorpion =/.

Edit: I have the "start in kritical, damage goes to meter, meter fills faster" relic. Don't work at round starts or in between rounds it seems, huh?

Last edited:

Ingueferroque

Dec 26, 2023
New York, NY
Some of the fights in this invasion are really cool. It's still annoying with how everything runs at 30fps besides fights, but they are obviously listening to feedback. That one fight with Geras (that earns you Deathless Circuit Geras skin) was really neat.

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
...............so I learned to block at the start of matches and blocked all would-be exploding bodies...........

......but then again, at the last level.... after I killed Nitara for round one...... one blew up and took my life. I was still standing and I thought "hehe, no worries, my life will refill for round two like always....". Nope, finish him at round start.
To be fair, looking at the top of the lifebars, that fight looked like it was best of 1 from before you died.

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, looking at the top of the lifebars, that fight looked like it was best of 1 from before you died.
?
The point is, she died, I was no longer able to move until she resets and typically both lifebars fill. I died while frozen after her health bar was depleted and stood back up for round reset because it was still between rounds and was given an instant death when play resumed. Nothing about that was fair.

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
?
The point is, she died, I was no longer able to move until she resets and typically both lifebars fill. I died while frozen after her health bar was depleted and stood back up for round reset because it was still between rounds and was given an instant death when play resumed. Nothing about that was fair.
Misunderstood what you meant when you said round 1 since it was best of one round. Didn't realize you meant her second lifebar.

Yeah, that sucks / shouldn't have happened to you :(.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017

View: https://youtu.be/nrxRAPRHeVI?feature=shared

This game hates me and is torturing me for trying to find enjoyment outside of cosmetics that are dwindling/not attracting me.

Peace until next season I guess. Or movie Reptile but with my luck, it's probably only Scorpion =/.

Edit: I have the "start in kritical, damage goes to meter, meter fills faster" relic. Don't work at round starts or in between rounds it seems, huh?

Put all your points into HP bring Jax. When I beat the season tower last season I used a 12 charge 11 refil amulet with like 2400 damage and 100 HP restore but with all your skill points into HP those modifiers wont be able to kill you that quickly.

Oct 27, 2017
Put all your points into HP bring Jax. When I beat the season tower last season I used a 12 charge 11 refil amulet with like 2400 damage and 100 HP restore but with all your skill points into HP those modifiers wont be able to kill you that quickly.
I don't quite enjoy playing as anyone other than Reptile if the opponents are tanky. A stiff game I can't make feel and look fun becomes even worse when I barely know a character. It's cooler when it doesn't take much to win in the earlier mesas and I'm leveling at a decent clip. I actively take every stat boost item and give it to Reptile so that when the mesas are cleared, I do the seasonal tower with him to get some playtime in with my main. But alas, these last two season haven't been fun nor is the general structure at which I play. I shouldn't have to divvy grinding time for meaningful gains. I should just find joy in playing.

The relic I'm using is pretty OP... but it's obviously bugged at inopportune times. My meter is supposed to take the damage which is typically one bar with an insta-fill mid match, but drained completely with an insta-kill if at round start or in between as my vid shows.

A much needed break is in order though. I'll just await dlc updates and the titan(s) and hopefully more movie ninjas news. Might entice me to retry the towers.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I don't quite enjoy playing as anyone other than Reptile if the opponents are tanky. A stiff game I can't make feel and look fun becomes even worse when I barely know a character. It's cooler when it doesn't take much to win in the earlier mesas and I'm leveling at a decent clip. I actively take every stat boost item and give it to Reptile so that when the mesas are cleared, I do the seasonal tower with him to get some playtime in with my main. But alas, these last two season haven't been fun nor is the general structure at which I play. I shouldn't have to divvy grinding time for meaningful gains. I should just find joy in playing.

The relic I'm using is pretty OP... but it's obviously bugged at inopportune times. My meter is supposed to take the damage which is typically one bar with an insta-fill mid match, but drained completely with an insta-kill if at round start or in between as my vid shows.

A much needed break is in order though. I'll just await dlc updates and the titan(s) and hopefully more movie ninjas news. Might entice me to retry the towers.

Honestly playing online is less stressful than that Seasonal Tower. If your worried about not being good enough I literally ran into a guy in master rank who only did upper cuts and jump ins.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly playing online is less stressful than that Seasonal Tower. If your worried about not being good enough I literally ran into a guy in master rank who only did upper cuts and jump ins.
I swore off online after my last set that had me feeling ill from the stress. I won the set but couldn't keep up with that style of play.

As far as the tower, it wouldn't be so bad if it/my relic wasn't bugged. If I fought with a normal lifebar and got taken down to kritical health, would I still take between round damage from a hazard and die?

Last edited:

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rewatching MK9 story mode. Man, the writer of this game really had it out for Liu Kang and Kitana. Made them such unlikable jerks

Oct 27, 2017
Wow so really is just Scorpion?
Edit: maybe worded that way because it's all they've shown.

I do want synergy with the new film. I wanted that with the original (1995) so make it so with newer/younger fans.

Last edited:

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
porquenolosdos.gif

And I see "Babalities" listed as an option for stuff related to Aftermath. Mistake, hint, or standard Boon trolling?

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I wanna see babalities I always thought they were so cute and I wanna see the super edgy Order of Darkness babies!

Oct 27, 2017
If they wanted to (and wanted to make money in my non-market research opinion), they can just do the original movie as a story dlc. Levels, music, skins, and maybe add in some of the timeline shenanigans. Then we can FINALLY get the Immortals in a game and not just for an ad.