Santini

Oct 25, 2017
Welp Cassie and friends is too tough for the Noob AI. Good god it's a slaughter.

What kind of bullshit

After struggling with Noob, Skarlet, and Scorpion, I ended up beating that set of towers with Sonya AI.

Use her No Holds Barred tournament variation, and 30 Combo/30 Reversals for the AI setting. I didn't use any consumables or augments.

As long as Sonya gets off her first combo and manages to block/avoid the initial projectiles that follow, you should be in good shape.

That Sonya setup got much further than the others I had tried using, so I'll alternate with the ones I've been using to farm.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If only the AI fighters weren't so braindead. Most of the time they are not using the consumables I give to them and they constantly run into damaging areas of effect and they even like to stay in it until they are dead.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Unf. My Noob beat Jacqui and Friends.

...I watched a show on another TV input and tapped X every few minutes. I am good fighting player.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
I mention in the video, that key I got from the 250k coin chest in the Krypt (which always spawns in the same spot near the very beginning). I used a lockpick to avoid paying the Koin cost, though it takes a ton of souls to get the chest to appear in the first place (3,000 I think).

I'm not sure where others come from. Probably rare rewards from the other loot modes like Krypt, Towers of Time or AI Battle.

By the way, that AI Battle mode is pretty fast and a good way to get augments for Towers of Time stuff. You can set the battles to 4x fast forward. I can never get the daily done on PC because I can't get 5 people to attack my AI team any given day.

wtf how do you get a lockpick? random chest drop?

And where do you spend the 3k souls?

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so fucking tired of seeing Noob Saibot online it's insane. 99% of matches is Noob. Hell i'm shocked when Scorpion shows up. Never even seen ONE Sub-Zero. It's all Noob. I've seen one Kollector, one Jacqui and I think one Skarlet today. In over 50 matches.

Day one was great. Lots of Kabal, Jax, Liu Kangs and Kung Laos. Some Cassies.

You just know people all use Noob, because he's dark and got a sickle and shit, and of course flashy damage heavy combos with easy executions. If they nerf his ass, it's game over for 99% of players as they will have to actually learn a character, stand out from everybody else and bring some actual variety to online.

If you are a single player type person, just play AI Noob matches all day for a 100% accurate representation of online.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
wtf how do you get a lockpick? random chest drop?

And where do you spend the 3k souls?

Yeah, I think the lockpicks are just a possible reward in coin chests. I got 2 in some random chest. When you activate one you can choose any chest within the next 60 seconds and it will waive the coin cost.

As far as the chest location, in the second room of the Krypt (where you pick up Shao Khan's hammer) there is a breakable wall in that room that leads to a side area with a little creek. That creek has the chest in it, and requires 3,000 souls to lift out of the water.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Could be different between platforms. PS4 is basically Dr. Claw with teleports all day.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I would love to use the Krypt, but I have phobia to some jump scares, are they really that bad?

Stock

Oct 25, 2017
Luxembourg
I feel ya! Not sure which ninja would be most annoying to see in 99% of matches but you make a strong case for the sir edge lord saibot

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
The black armor and red hammer combo looks nice.

20190428002254-1.jpg

02.jpg

20190428002157-1.jpg

20190428002400-1.jpg

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I would love to use the Krypt, but I have phobia to some jump scares, are they really that bad?
There are some loud noises that happen randomly and i think there is a jump scare associates with them but i haven't actually seen them, just heard the noise. You also have to put on a blind fold for spectral vision and there is somethign that can happen there that makes me jump...probably could safely jsut close your eyes and swing the hammer to avoid it?

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil

Go ahead, there are no jump scares from opening chests, you'll be safe.
There are only 2 jump scares, when you use the blindfold and a demon attacks you, and maybe when a spider attack you.

There's an item called Vial of protection, so you can always use it before using the blindfold or before you enter a bug area. No one will attack you for 1 minute.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I can't do anything with Kabal I feel like a total noob and no one is really posting info about how to use him yet I've never had to figure out a fighting game character on my own. When Injustice 2 came out they showed so much stuff I already had a pretty good idea of how to use a character but here I have no freaking idea.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
I can't do anything with Kabal I feel like a total noob and no one is really posting info about how to use him yet I've never had to figure out a fighting game character on my own. When Injustice 2 came out they showed so much stuff I already had a pretty good idea of how to use a character but here I have no freaking idea.

Just type in mortal kombat 11 (insert character here) tutorial or combos on youtube and odds are it'll have what you need. This should help maybe? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCrTU9ZxNU0

SuperBonk

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I love this game but some of the design decisions here baffle me. The tower modifiers, even when they're not difficult, are incredibly frustrating and ruin the flow of the game. Why craft such a great fighting system only to ruin it with this garbage? It's absurd that I'd rather have the AI play this game rather than me.

And then there's the grind. 75 fatalities to unlock this character tower. Do they want us to get sick of this game?

It's such a shame because the story, gameplay, and netcode are so fantastic. Game is just a few unforced errors from a true masterpiece.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I was reading online that some chests are fixed. There was apparently a means to exploit this using the Kronika Time Reset thing to farm infinite Skeleton Keys.

Using the power of time reversal, you can easily farm Skeleton Keys to unlock all Skeleton Key barriers.

Step 1: Open this chest (coordinates (6467, -467)) to obtain a Skeleton Key. It is located on the right side of the Palace Entrance after you start the Krypt. This chest will ALWAYS contain a Skeleton Key (although the first time it also contains a rifle for Erron Black).

Step 2: Go to Kronika's Time Rewind thingy in the Central Courtyard and rewind time. Hopefully you haven't opened any chests yet, or recently reversed time, as the price is only 2,000 per chest, so to replenish the Skeleton Key chest should only cost 2,000 koins.

Step 3: Return back to the chest, open it again for 10,000 koins and get another Skeleton Key. Rinse and repeat. :) I hope this helps you unlock all those gates a whole lot easier than just randomly opening chests and hoping you get one!

This might reduce some of the grind. Now if only we could find a fixed chest that gives an expensive reward to profit from.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Could be different between platforms. PS4 is basically Dr. Claw with teleports all day.

I'm so fucking tired of seeing Noob Saibot online it's insane. 99% of matches is Noob. Hell i'm shocked when Scorpion shows up. Never even seen ONE Sub-Zero. It's all Noob. I've seen one Kollector, one Jacqui and I think one Skarlet today. In over 50 matches.

Day one was great. Lots of Kabal, Jax, Liu Kangs and Kung Laos. Some Cassies.

You just know people all use Noob, because he's dark and got a sickle and shit, and of course flashy damage heavy combos with easy executions. If they nerf his ass, it's game over for 99% of players as they will have to actually learn a character, stand out from everybody else and bring some actual variety to online.

If you are a single player type person, just play AI Noob matches all day for a 100% accurate representation of online.

The sacred darkness of NOOB is too horrifying for you. Sorry little soft one. I guess that you haven't experienced true tough pain that comes as you talk of girls and grow, or you'd understand why he's the man (actually it's god tbh) to play. Try reading one book in isolation and don't reply if someone talks, and maybe you'd get with it. Or go back to the playhouse with your little squeaking baby bear. Just a soft wet diaper baby who needs to go play Rated E for Everyone. Maybe mommy will feed you a milk sandwich while she lets you win that game, huh crying baby? I WILL DESTROY YOU THE DEAD ARE MY CLAN NOW

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
After struggling with Noob, Skarlet, and Scorpion, I ended up beating that set of towers with Sonya AI.

Use her No Holds Barred tournament variation, and 30 Combo/30 Reversals for the AI setting. I didn't use any consumables or augments.

As long as Sonya gets off her first combo and manages to block/avoid the initial projectiles that follow, you should be in good shape.

That Sonya setup got much further than the others I had tried using, so I'll alternate with the ones I've been using to farm.

Thanks for this. I just got to these nasty ones and this worked. It took the AI quite a few tries on the first tower, but beat the second one on the first try.

Last edited:

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just turned my switch on and there's a seemingly giant patch for this. Any clue what it does?

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Just turned my switch on and there's a seemingly giant patch for this. Any clue what it does?
I think this is the first of the two patches promised (first one is to match the other consoles):
Nintendo Switch:

For the Nintendo Switch, we have two patches in progress. We're aiming to have the first patch in this series released in the next day or two.

• Character tuning to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time
• Reduce AI health to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time
• Reduce effects and frequency of most difficult modifiers in Towers of Time
• Overall improvements to stability

The second patch is in progress and we'll let you know as soon as we have a release date. This update will include:

• Reduce AI difficulty
• Increased Kurrency rewards in Towers of Time
• Thank you gift (500,000 Koins, 500 Hearts, 1,000 Soul Fragments and 1,000 Time Krystals)
And thanks, was wondering why I couldn't connect to server, i needed the patch.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
Did they reset the race against time after the patch for switch? I am in the top ~20% now but earlier today I was in the top 1%...bummer.

Oct 26, 2017
I just found out that to get the severed head items for the Krypt, you need to perform 50 Fatalities on specific characters, Brutalities don't count.

Dammit. At least I got some hearts and souls out my initial grind.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
There must've been a glitch for giving me Complete 250 Towers trophy. Not gonna complain lol

RedshirtRig

Nov 14, 2017
As far as gameplay goes the game is great, but the Krypt is really killing my fun, I just want some freaking Johnny costumes and I keep getting Cetrion stuff and I don't like her play style.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
I haven't played a MK game since 9, but I may check this one out via Redbox. It looks pretty cool.

But man, people being outraged because this game doesn't have women in skimpy outfits is just LOL-worthy. Especially when they claim the game will "suffer" because of that.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Any idea how many character towers exist for a character? (that upper left area on towers of time is what I'm talking about) Think I'm on the 4th for now and its pretty brutal. Think I need a crap ton of flawless's and fatal blows among other things.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone manage to pull off Skarlets beautiful blood brutality?

Is there a good list with brutalities somewhere? Googling only gives me the standard ones.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
Man. FUCK these towers! What the fuck are you supposed to do against unblockable undodgeable projectiles that fly at you every 3 seconds? It's seriously unfun bullshit that 100% ruins an otherwise great game. Who the fuck thought this was fun?

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Man. FUCK these towers! What the fuck are you supposed to do against unblockable undodgeable projectiles that fly at you every 3 seconds? It's seriously unfun bullshit that 100% ruins an otherwise great game. Who the fuck thought this was fun?
If you're on PS4/X1, AI changes are coming.

If you're on PC, health, AI, and character adjustments are coming.

And currency changes for all.

But ye, it's lame.

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
So about the chests in the krypt, I heard they're randomized but is the content that is randomized or is it its location? Like, if an item comes in a bundle is it always going to be bundled with the same other items and at the same price no matter where it is? Or are the other items and the price also randomized?

They finally updated the Switch version and I'm very glad they did. It had a bug that didn't allow it to connect back to the servers if it lost connection even for one second. You had to relaunch the game and its long ass boot up sequence. They also added the character tutorials, the tournament variations and the towers adjustments.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say I really wish the story costumes were unlocked after beating it. The best MK designs for basically each of those characters ever.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
What are the consensus best characters so far?
I hear some chatter about Erron Black and some are saying Sonya is nuts.

SonicFox is damn lucky lol. Yeah he's the best but always helpful when your characters are amazing.

Also heating D'Vorah sucks

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So about the chests in the krypt, I heard they're randomized but is the content that is randomized or is it its location? Like, if an item comes in a bundle is it always going to be bundled with the same other items and at the same price no matter where it is? Or are the other items and the price also randomized?

They finally updated the Switch version and I'm very glad they did. It had a bug that didn't allow it to connect back to the servers if it lost connection even for one second. You had to relaunch the game and its long ass boot up sequence. They also added the character tutorials, the tournament variations and the towers adjustments.
It's the location. If two people were to open everything in the krypt then at the end they'd have the saem items. Certain things do have fixed locations though such as the contents of heart chests as well as key items.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA

From NetherRealm's Kombat Kast on April 24th - "Upon entering the Krypt, each player is presented with their own custom Krypt experience that contains about 600 chests filled with rewards. The content of each of these chests are exactly the same for every player - but their locations are unique, except for special chests. Two players who open all the chests by the end will have all the same rewards."

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I'm having a real hard time with the timing with kombos...in the tutorial.

Especially when it's involving something with a directional pad. Help :(

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
I will fucking pay for the noob saibot mask (called noob saibot), im tired of trying to get lucky in the krypt. Fuck this grind.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
The Kollector temporary tower up on PC right now has one of the dumbest modifiers I have seen yet. "Special Moves" instantly remove 20% of your health when used. Note that anything that your variation grants you is considered a special move, even if it is just a normal string. For example Kano doing his F4, 3 string takes 20% of his health. Amplifying a string counts and removes health as well. You basically have to do 4 towers of basic strings and normals. Fuck off.

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
It's the location. If two people were to open everything in the krypt then at the end they'd have the saem items. Certain things do have fixed locations though such as the contents of heart chests as well as key items.
From NetherRealm's Kombat Kast on April 24th - "Upon entering the Krypt, each player is presented with their own custom Krypt experience that contains about 600 chests filled with rewards. The content of each of these chests are exactly the same for every player - but their locations are unique, except for special chests. Two players who open all the chests by the end will have all the same rewards."

I see. Lemme look for the chests with the price of the one I want lol

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
OMG, the Blood Tower is back. Sucking your blood so quickly makes this tower impossible without the blood immune item and I only have one. This is just depressing.

Oct 27, 2017
Can we take a moment to appreciate the absolutely beautiful character design and character modelling of MK11?

47717885561_85aaa1f627_o.png

33840736158_75f1cfba8f_o.png

47717883341_9c19cc5de3_o.png

33840734798_ddd61bba3c_o.png

47717884951_68c98ce268_o.png

33840736558_b2881a96d4_o.png

These are the most polished character models we have seen in a fighting game so far. The only other fighting game that comes close is Injustice 2, but MK11 raises the bar a couple of notches above that.

Need way more of this in this thread! Anymore kharacters/outfits to share?