KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As much as I dislike how it's been used as a nostalgia grab recently, the Proton Pack and Ghost Traps from Ghostbusters are pretty iconic.

disguise-dsg120299-ghostbusters-role-play-replica-1-1-ghost-trap.jpg

latest

Capt Sensib1e

Banned
Jun 4, 2022
Laser swords are the right answer of course. Although Jango Fett's gun is awesome looking, as is IG-88's gun. Suffice it to say Star Wars art design was multiple-genre defining.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Most iconic has to be the Lightsaber

I'll throw out some smaller ones:
Hanzo's swords in Kill Bill
Jason's Machete in Friday the 13th

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
are Freddy Krueger's weird knife fingers a weapon, or is it just like ... his body?

Depends on the movie. They were originally part of a glove he created to torture children when he was alive, but after he died, they become more of an extension of his body; albeit usually appearing to be a regular normal razor glove. In ANoES2, Freddy tries to come back to life by possessing the body of a teenage boy who is struggling with his sexuality (a struggle made increasingly difficult by his hormonal male best friend and the girlfriend who makes him confused and run away to a factory guarded by dogs with human faces; and a sadistic leather daddy gym teacher who likes to watch him run at night) and when Freddy tries to take over his body, the claws come out of his finger tips.

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the movie. They were originally part of a glove he created to torture children when he was alive, but after he died, they become more of an extension of his body; albeit usually appearing to be a regular normal razor glove. In ANoES2, Freddy tries to come back to life by possessing the body of a teenage boy who is struggling with his sexuality (a struggle made increasingly difficult by his hormonal male best friend and the girlfriend who makes him confused and run away to a factory guarded by dogs with human faces; and a sadistic leather daddy gym teacher who likes to watch him run at night) and when Freddy tries to take over his body, the claws come out of his finger tips.

also in New Nightmare they are more biomechanical,
il_fullxfull.4492230820_qlqt.jpg

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I dislike how it's been used as a nostalgia grab recently, the Proton Pack and Ghost Traps from Ghostbusters are pretty iconic.

disguise-dsg120299-ghostbusters-role-play-replica-1-1-ghost-trap.jpg

latest
I can't believe it took 50 posts for the first mention.

The sound effects for powering up and firing them are so awesome they get used in other things

LV-0504

Oct 6, 2022
In order:

Lightsaber
Freddy's gloves
Aliens Pulse Rifle

you see him kill someone with a pencil in the 2nd film i'm pretty sure

He kills with a pencil in the 2nd and 3rd movies, I'd be fairly certain there will be a pencil kill in the 4th too. His most iconic weapon is the book from the start of Chapter 3 IMO.

Capt Sensib1e

Banned
Jun 4, 2022
Both are cool but I always preferred the Aliens Smart Gun over the pulse rifle. The movie doesn't really do its justice as it doesn't explicitly show its sensors and HUDs.

Shrikey

Oct 27, 2017

Excuse me

Oct 30, 2017
I guess Star Trek phaser is somewhat iconic. But lightsaber from Star Wars is something I consider truely iconic, so many pop culture riffs from 70s till today. T800 with his shotgun is iconic as well, if there is a terminator spoof, it's almost certainly gonna have that shotgun as well.