Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
When I get home I need to take some pictures. Stuffy Elebits, Space Channel 5 lunchbox from its PS2 Agetec release, Working Designs stuffed Goemon, all sorts of random stuff. I worked at Electronics Boutique and went to E3 in the early 2000s and stashed a ton of goodies.

Easy_G

Dec 11, 2017
California
Mine is the mannequin hand for the Touching is Good marketing on the Nintendo DS. I tried finding a picture online, and the best one linked back to a similar ResetEra thread from last year!

www.resetera.com

What's the most niche video game related thing you own?

A bunch of cute little pieces of memorabilia I got at E3 2018 - some massive Persona Dancing bags, a Valkyria Chronicles 4 dog hat, and a bunch of Trails soundtracks and merch I bought at XSEED's booth (I think they were just getting rid of collectors edition goodies?). The Bracer pin badge I...

Oct 28, 2017
I still have the bag EB gave me when i picked up Ocarina of Time. It still has the swag in it too.

Not my photo.

R.b70beffff5987f20dd3d7d828238c73c

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I got a Them's Fighting Herds body pillow of the Book.

Ex57L7oXAAUyh9T.jpg

It was an April Fools day gag item that they made for only one day.

I think that counts.

Nov 27, 2017
California
A smiling face brick I got for playing the last of us at pax east 2012 I think
had to complete the Boston section demo in 30 minutes, was intense
its worth 1 million dollars in my eyes 🤪

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
I have Pokemon shampoo in the shape of a game boy with some shitty build in game in it, straight outta the '90's. It's still full. I wonder what happens if I wash my hair with it.

img_20210801_011905__xzjfp.jpg

Pippip

Apr 13, 2019
I don't have easy access to it right now for a photo, but I have part of a NES-era Super Mario Bros 3 promotional/in-store cardboard mobile that I got from a UK independent game store. Or, well, that my mum sweet-talked them into parting with! The piece I still have is Raccoon Mario in his classic flying pose, printed on each side - there was a rectangular-ish surrounding frame that he hung/spun from on a bit of nylon string. I don't remember much about that part, except it must have had the logo somewhere, and I feel like it had drawings of stuff from the game, maybe some of the backgrounds? All very foggy in my memory.

I do a search now and then, but so far I haven't seen it pop up online, which sucks as I'd love a photo of it with everything present and correct.

Lardonate

Oct 25, 2017
Plush toy from the Namco game "Cosmo Gang". They seem to be quite rare as they must've been crane game prizes 30 years ago when the game came out. Big fan of the game though so I managed to find one.
E7a-jAlXIAEbWxC

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017
I still have my Pikmin 3 and Dragon Quest 9 slime shirts they gave away at Comic Con in years past. The Tatsunoko vs Capcom gym towel and Okamiden stylus + Silly Bandz (lol) I believe I still have too.

I still actively use the DKC Returns pencil case too, that thing actually fucking rules

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
An official Halo Grunt plushie, a "Fight the Flood" Halo shirt that Bungie sold to raise money for Hurricane Katrina relief, or a Grand Theft Auto IV "Key to the City."

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Some really cool merch in here. I'd love to see the Mario 3 mobile Pippip.

My coolest unofficial merchandise is probably the custom amiibo I commissioned of my wife. I really like our other two custom amiibo, too, one is Lemmy and one is Link Between Worlds.

I did have the Nintendo mannequin hand at some point.

I love the amiibo and World of Nintendo figures we have. We have plush Yooka-Laylee, that may be slightly obscure, and plush Ori and Nabbit, too. Those are some of my faves but not too obscure.

We have an e-reader SMA4 card or two. Struggling to think of anything too outré but maybe there's a thing or two not coming to mind.

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
I have a bunch of Boktai merch that was produced in like single digit quantities: a beach towel from a Nintendo Power contest, a Lunar Knights Kojima Productions jacket from the Konami RPG Stars loyalty program, etc. Actually now that I think about it I have a literally unique Castlevania art print signed by series artist Kojima from RPG Stars due to winning a contest they had.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say the Uncharted 3 (disposable) Subway cups I still have qualify lol.

And the Tekken 5 mini basketballs I'd nabbed from a claw machine at a movie theater.

As far as more expensive and not your typical collector's edition or other items from a game store, I have the authentic replica of the Red Queen from DMC4 as a gift from my wife.

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
One of the oddities I have that always comes to mind is the deck of Psychonauts playing cards from back when the first game came out. Still sealed.

IMG-7561-Large.jpg

IMG-7562-Large.jpg

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
E7rHSM5WYAEiD8v

I have Arc Rise Fantasia "trading cards" that I guess must have come with preordering the game. I can't even remember.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
I have this Battlefield Bad Company Stress Ball Grenade in my own possession. However, I forgot how I got it since I never once play the Bad Company game.
Maybe it's freebie of something I bought, I don't know.

DnO09iOWwAEHX4h.jpg

(not my own pic).

Nov 1, 2017
An Oracle of Seasons choose your own adventure book that I got in Grade 5 or 6 from a scholastic book order. I'll see if I can dig it out, not quite sure where it is.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Halo branded paper mints.
Lollipop Chainsaw lollipop.

I still have these somewhere and I'm sure they're completely disintegrated by now.
I have boxes full of random crap. You do accumulate tons of shit when working in a video game store.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
I have a Tomodachi Life gymsack that was used to send me some Nintendo gadgets I won in a contest and is more interesting that the things it contained, in it I got a Kirby and a Koopa Shell keychains, a Smash 4 block notes, a Rockstar Pikachu pin and a copy of Pokémon Alpha Saphire. Now those things are pretty plain (maybe excluding the pin), but who owns a Tomodachi Life gymsack? Not that many people.

Oct 30, 2017
I have a copy of the infamous Doom "Rip and tear" comic book, I think it was free with a Playstation magazine.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Mine is the mannequin hand for the Touching is Good marketing on the Nintendo DS. I tried finding a picture online, and the best one linked back to a similar ResetEra thread from last year!

www.resetera.com

What's the most niche video game related thing you own?

A bunch of cute little pieces of memorabilia I got at E3 2018 - some massive Persona Dancing bags, a Valkyria Chronicles 4 dog hat, and a bunch of Trails soundtracks and merch I bought at XSEED's booth (I think they were just getting rid of collectors edition goodies?). The Bracer pin badge I...

I still have the bag EB gave me when i picked up Ocarina of Time. It still has the swag in it too.

Not my photo.

R.b70beffff5987f20dd3d7d828238c73c

I have both of these as well.

I'm always surprised that the DS hand isn't worth much, I have the little paper it came with too. I see one every now and then on eBay and I think they went for around $20.

My EB OOT swag bag game with a T-shirt too. It is pretty crappy with a really obvious screen print of link on it, but maybe that was store specific? It definitely doesn't look like it is official Nintendo merch. I still have them folded neatly in the bag just how I got them at launch. Are they worth much?

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
I dont keep much but I do still have a bottle of PiĂźwasser beer from the GTAIV launch. It has a best before date of April 2009.

Oct 28, 2017

I'm always surprised that the DS hand isn't worth much, I have the little paper it came with too. I see one every now and then on eBay and I think they went for around $20.

My EB OOT swag bag game with a T-shirt too. It is pretty crappy with a really obvious screen print of link on it, but maybe that was store specific? It definitely doesn't look like it is official Nintendo merch. I still have them folded neatly in the bag just how I got them at launch. Are they worth much?
I don't know how much it's all worth but I did awhile back find a eBay listing that was around 250 I think. My pre order came with at short as well. It was all white with a blue rectangle across the front with just Links eyes within it. I still have it but it's seen better days. In the 90's white undershirts were very in fashion lol. I low key wore that thing under a shirt 3 days a week in middle school.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man… I own nothing on par with what is being shown in this thread. This is all quite obscure indeed. Cool items, folks.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how much it's all worth but I did awhile back find a eBay listing that was around 250 I think. My pre order came with at short as well. It was all white with a blue rectangle across the front with just Links eyes within it. I still have it but it's seen better days. In the 90's white undershirts were very in fashion lol. I low key wore that thing under a shirt 3 days a week in middle school.

That sounds cooler than the shirt I got. Mine just has this picture on a white shirt.

zelda-link-ocarina-of-time.jpg

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
i have a copy of et for the atari 2600 recovered from the famous landfill

was always fascinated with that whole legend, happy to have literal garbage in my collection

RenorMirshann

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Poland
Not sure if it counts as merchandise, but I have a press-pack that was given to the attendees of a press conference about a project called European Games Center in Krakow, Poland in 2008.

I think it might be the only physical evidence of that infamous Polish Wii game, Sadness.

I even tried to sell it once but no one was interested :D

c8c9aa2044539e6533e1ce8d7086

Nov 11, 2017
Maybe this 1986 Japanese Goemon board game? I'm actually about to give it to my friend who has been collecting the series, but not before we play it!
20210801-104626.jpg

biocat

Oct 25, 2017
I have both volumes of the Cosmic Fantasy manga. I was pretty into that game, hence the avatar and name.

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
Not my image, but I have one of these. I was close to the Xbox Rep when I was a media supervisor at Best Buy, and she gave me this one day. I had no idea how rare they were until years later.

DSCN1801.JPG

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Most random and obscure would probably be this papercraft thing from a Lunchables tie-in with Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, never removed from its grubby stained plastic. It's a bunch of little parts that you can put together to make a tank from the game complete with Banjo sitting on top. I can't find another picture of one online, so I'm sure it's worth millions!

vEiNjTc.jpg

PJTierney

Social Media Manager • EA SPORTS WRC
Verified
Mar 28, 2021
Warwick, UK
Picked up a bunch of stuff over the years but the most unique/unusual is probably the signed animation cell sketch I have from a Street Fighter IV cutscene (Cammy vs C. Viper, signed by Ono-san).

Oct 28, 2017

Heres a pretty beat up not complete set for 400.

www.ebay.com

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Collector's Edition (64, 1998) for sale online | eBay

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Collector's Edition (64, 1998) at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!