• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any movies that you've watched that you didn't think would make you cry but a certain scene catches you off guard and makes you cry/bawl your eyes out?

I remember that happening with Children of Men with the Ceasefire scene.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
sFP1ZEB.jpg

Why the fuck is this movie so sad!?

gfxtwin

Use of alt account
Oct 28, 2017
Guardians 2 ending hit me with a feels wave I did not expect.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Up.

Yes, it's a Pixar movie and yes, who doesn't cry during a Pixar movie, but not in the first 10 minutes of the film. Good lord, who does that? WHO DOES THAT?

Easystride

Oct 27, 2017
Bridge to Terebithia - wut just happened?! I hadn't read the book and the ad campaign was deceiving as hell.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
I was downright embarrased watching Interstellar in theaters. That one scene like halfway through killed me in a way that I did not anticipate. I still tear up any time I re-watch it.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I saw Rocky for the first time about 6-7 years ago and didn't it expect it to hit me the way it did.

The ending is still the most romantic thing i've ever seen. He's just gone toe-to-toe with the world champion and doesn't even care to hear the judges decision. Overcome with emotion, all he can do is shout her name and realize how much he loves her. The first time I saw that scene I became overwhelmed with emotion and got really choked up.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Toy Story 3 was the best drama that was disguised as a childrens animated film I've ever seen. That movie is bleak and dark as all god damn hell.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lady Bird's ending had me pushing back the tears as well. It somehow sent me on an incredible nostalgia trip and reflection of my own.

Oct 27, 2017
Hacksaw Ridge wasn't the best movie ever but damn if real veterans giving interviews (at the end of the film) doesn't break me every damn time.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Lord of the rings was a goddamn epic trilogy so when it was nearing the end I was expecting an emotional ride. So I don't include that.

Fucking 'Click' on the other hand lol. that came out of nowhere.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
13 going on 30

My wife likes the movie and was watching it in the bedroom while I was on my PC sort of paying attention. Then they get to that part towards the end and man that shit got to me. I wasn't crying but I teared up. Then I was like "gotta avoid making eye contact with the wife so she doesn't notice" lol.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I have only cried once at a movie and it was only one tear and that was with Coco. I did not expect that movie to be as impactful as it was.

Oct 27, 2017
Selena.

Didn't even really know who she was before watching the movie (as a teenager I was just watching it for j.lo) but at the end when they blend in the real live events and the real Selena with all the music and everything...I just fucking lost it. She just seemed like such a happy soul.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Where the Wild Things Are.

I have no idea what specifically it is about that movie, but when Carol realizes what he's done in the end and breaks down, running for Max at the end, and then howling, I break down with him.

My mom was like "WTF, are you okay?"