doomrider7

Feb 21, 2019
Valerian, especially after reading the comic which was really good. The Star Wars sequels have been disappointing to say the least(really? You scrubbed the EU for THAT Disney?). Can't recall much else. Man of Steel also looked good, but was not surprised to see it was trash so not sure if it counts.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not sure if "hype af" is quite accurate. But I had fairly high expectations for two films I saw recently, The Death of Stalin and The Lighthouse, based on all the critical gushing. I found them both interminable and boring.

I'm not in any hurry to see The Lighthouse, but I thought that Death Of Stalin was hilarious.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I don't go to see many hyped movies unless I have seen lots of reviews for them, but I remember being totally underwhelmed with seeing The Dark Knight Rises on opening night.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It has to be Avengers: Endgame.
Infinity War was my favorite movie of the previous year and there were less than ten minutes of Endgame that I didn't absolutely hate.
I don't even pay attention to the trailers for MCU movies anymore. I'll still watch the movies, but there's no love left.

Oct 27, 2017
I hate to say it, really, but 1917. I have a huge, huge interest in WW1, and seeing it on the big screen with modern technology and a big budget had me crazy stoked.

But yeah, it had a few standout moments and some gorgeous shots but otherwise fell pretty flat for me.