• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
It happens, sometimes the movie is boring, sometimes you're just tired. I'm not necessarily bashing the movies I list here (so don't get defensive if someone lists something you like), though I do dislike some. These all came out during the years I would go to the movies weekly and see just about everything.

W. (2009)
Oliver Stone's Bush movie. This was the first time this has happened to me. Was feeling restless, theater was mostly empty, laid down on the seats and then I was gone. I had been movie hopping all day and this was final one of the night. Couldn't tell you if it was me or the movie. It was probably the movie.

Sherlock Holmes A Game of Shadows (2011)
Loved the first, but fuck this boring ass sequel.

Adventures of Tin Tin (2011)
Still tired and frustrated from Sherlock Holmes 2. Movie was also kind of dry.

The Artist (2011)
The second and third act of this movie are exactly the same so I'm kind of mad that I fought so hard to stay awake to watch the exact same thing happen twice.

Kubo: Tale of Two Strings (2016)
There was a lot to like, but I just found this movie to be dry as well.

Blade Runner 2049 (2017)
Same case as Kubo, it did teach me not to fight sleep. Spent 30 minutes fighting it, when it finally happened, I woke up again after 3 minutes, the movie was still on the scene I drifted off on.

Deleted member 19024

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only time for me was watching Hugh Jackman's "Van Helsing". People seemed to like the movie, but it was an absolute slog for me.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
when i was really young, 6-7 years old, my dad brought me and my brother to Disney's Tarzan. near the end, i slept for a bit. 20 mins max, i think.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kubo was a great film, no idea how you fell asleep in that.

Also it sounds like you saw Sherlock Holmes, fell asleep in it, then immediately went into another theater to see Tin Tin? Maybe if you were that sleepy you should've gone home instead?

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
Back when it came out I was having crazy sleep problems and fell asleep during Eastern Promises twice.

Recently the new Star Wars because we saw it after a concert at like 2am on thursnight/frimorning

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Pirate of the Carribean 4. Fell asleep about 3/4ths of the way through. Woke up right before the end credits. I didn't even ask what happened or looked up what happened online. I had zero interest at that point. If I had went on my own, I probably would've just walked out instead.

clearacell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Secret Life of Pets. It was so boring, the humor was thoughtless, and story was a rehash of toy Story. I actually fell asleep twice.

Fell asleep during Moana. Just too boring.

I love animation so it's not that.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've never done so out of boredom, but I almost fell asleep in a theater for the first time watching Alien a couple weeks back. Which is embarrassing given it's one of my favorite films.

I was exhausted/tired going into it at least.

jjreamPop

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think I've ever fallen asleep in a theater. I paid money for that ticket. I've been bored to death but outright sleeping? Nope.

Also, I can't believe you slept through 2049 and its crazy sound design.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Peter Jackson's King Kong - Reason being is that I had gone to school, then worked a midnight shift at an automotive line afterwards, gone home and showered, then gone back to school and had to stay there until 5pm. Then my friends wanted to go see King Kong on opening night and made fun of me when I fell asleep part-way through. I'd been up for something ungodly, like 36 hours. Not to mention being stressed because while I'd expected to go home from college early that day, our asshole professor dropped a bomb on us and said the calendars he told us we had TWO WEEKS to make were due that day before 5pm, and he'd just given them to us a few days prior.

I went back and watched it with my Mom.

The Nice Guys - This wasn't because I disliked the movie. I've seen it two or three times now and really like it. I was just exhausted and it was the second of two movies I went to see. I couldn't keep my eyes open and missed a few minutes, but made sure to watch the movie again to see what I'd missed. It's one of my favourite movies in recent years.

Gothika - My eyes wouldn't stay open, but I didn't miss much.

There's a couple of others. I think I fell asleep during 300 when I went with friends, because of work and school also.

I walked out of The Saint with Val Kilmer, and it's the only movie I've ever walked out of.

Last edited:

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I ever fell asleep at the movies, but when I was in college, Michio Kaku came to speak and I was in attendance but I fell asleep. Not because of him, I was just really, really tired...and I had work that night too.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
Except the boring weird movies I've watched in Movie Class, the only one is Da Vinci code. I missed a huge chunk of it and never caught up. Skyfall do not count because it was my second viewing at 09:00 am ans I loved that film.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It blows my mind that someone can actually fall asleep in a movie theater, regardless of how boring a movie is or how tired you may be.

cirr

Oct 26, 2017
Northern VA
Macbeth (2015)

Met up with my family to see it. Ended up to be a baby matinee showing. Kept trying to not fall asleep on multiple occasions but ultimately failed.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The-Holiday-DVD-cover.jpg

Spiderman

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I cant understand how people fall asleep in theaters.

So you are bored and you fall asleep? Thats a horrible perk to have.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Spy Game. I also never fall asleep while watching anything but I don't remember anything about this movie at all so I must have passed out lol.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Don't think I've ever fallen asleep in a theater. I paid money for that ticket. I've been bored to death but outright sleeping? Nope.

Also, I can't believe you slept through 2049 and its crazy sound design.
Bruv, I saw it on Dolby Atmos so my chair was shaking as well. That movie knocked me out.
Kubo was a great film, no idea how you fell asleep in that.

Also it sounds like you saw Sherlock Holmes, fell asleep in it, then immediately went into another theater to see Tin Tin? Maybe if you were that sleepy you should've gone home instead?
Kubo was very pretty, just not very engaging, especially in the middle. I'll give it another chance some day.

I was awake by the time Sherlock Holmes 2 ended, it was the middle that knocked me out.
I saw Sully right after Kubo and was good the whole way through.

Never. Don't go to a movie if you are tired.
Can't say I've ever done that.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I got really high and went to see the Tree of Life relatively late at night. Dozed off pretty early on and was on and off throughout the whole movie, never really fully sleeping. I remember not being sure if I was dreaming or not. Went again the next week and stayed awake, still one of my favorite movies.

edit: oh, and Return of the King midnight premiere. Those endings...

Oct 25, 2017
King Kong, Pirates 3

I was dead exhausted watching Spotlight so I fell asleep for 10 mins until the victim interview scene. I stayed up for the rest of the film after that woke me the fuck up.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
The only time I have was Minority Report. I had stayed up all night the previous night.

Oct 25, 2017
Zoolander 2 & Deadpool
Saw them back to back almost immediately after working 11 hours already on no sleep.
nodded off multiple times in both.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fast and Furious 7, I was recovering from an operation plus I didn't like the movie so I fell asleep.

The Hateful Eight; I had been up since 07:00 in morning as I was suppose to catch a plane but I ended up missing my flight so me and my brothers decided to watch The Hateful Eight, the movie was so boring that it sent me to sleep.

Justice League; I was awake throughout the movie but I had mentally checked out and I was just daydreaming.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Peter Jackson's King Kong
POTC 2 or 3 - this is a funny one because I don't remember which one it was, as I don't remember either and disliked both.

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Transformers 2. I think I'd slept poorly or something the night before, but I vaguely recall that at one point, I thought I was playing a video game instead of watching the movie. Or maybe I just dreamt that. No clue

Also, the slow opening of Rogue One was close. Didn't fall asleep, but definitely got drowsy. Woke up once it kicked into gear though

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Took my sister to see Hotel Transylvania 2. It's not bad, but it's not very clever or well-written. I was out about half way through.

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Batman Begins. Not that it was bad, it just happened.
Oh, and POTC, the newest one.

Watevaman

Oct 30, 2017
The Dark Night Rises. It was a late showing, but I also thought it was pretty damn long for what it was.