• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Because they didn't grow up in the 00s when everyone thought it was shit so there's not the negative connotations connected to it like with people in their 30s and 40s.
I see a similar phenomenon with zoomers and Crocs. In the 2000s they were the buttmonkey of footwear. Now they're suddenly fashionable and I have no clue why.

forrest

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Been growing my hair since pandemic. It's long af right now. All one length now, but as someone who had a mullet in the 80s and 90s I'm all for it. It's just hair, some of yall need to chill.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I blame Morgan Wallen, I'm not even in the US and I see people trying to copy the country bro aesthetic.

LV-0504

Oct 6, 2022
In Ireland every second child here has a mullet, and every second teenager has that cauliflower haircut.

It's like a uniform.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Fashionable mullets are fine if your like..in your early 20s and have a fashion sense to go with it, so you look more like an art student and less like you walked barefoot from the trailer park.

OP
OP
subpar spatula

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I see a similar phenomenon with zoomers and Crocs. In the 2000s they were the buttmonkey of footwear. Now they're suddenly fashionable and I have no clue why.
People who judge another's fashion are lowkey sad. I still remember the cargo shorts hate threads here. Folks went boomer mentality in their early 30s.

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
Absolutely without question mildly dislike them, especially when paired with the 70s serial killer moustache

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think they're pretty dumb but more power to you, its none of my business what other people do with their fashion.

It is proof however that no matter how ridiculed any fashion trend can be, it will always come back eventually.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
it's like they say, all it takes for evil to win is for good people to do nothing, and until we ban these things we deserve what we've wrought

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
They're starting to become so common, local schools/colleges even started using models with mullets in their billboards for their open doors/orientation days. Bonus points for the tiny moustache combo.

I think it looks horrid but whatever, I'm an old fart. I'm hating on most things these days anyway.

Small Red Boy

▲ Legend ▲
May 9, 2019
All the people with mullets I know are gay leftists (inlcuding myself), so I think there is a very clear geographical context here.

E: and very obiously a generational divide lol.

sionydus

Jan 2, 2021
West Coast, USA
I saw this particular guy pull off a mullet so fucking well that I feel like he could keep doing it long after it's out if fashion. But many people just can't do it. It's not for everyone.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
p184942_i_h10_aa.jpg