• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
https://mcdonalds.com.au/family/happyland/toyzone

Screenshot-2024-02-27-162939.png

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
I saw these in a display case at McDonalds last week and was very confused.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Ngl, it would be pretty funny if the game remains MIA and this collab is just because they had the deal lined up months ago and couldn't back out.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
The McDonald's stuff has been all over the place, not sure this website update changes much. McDonald's was airing tv ads in countries a month ago with this stuff and there hasn't been any update from the team.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fbkGgmPY3Y

Yeah I remember seeing this promotion popup in McDonalds from other countries a couple months ago. You'd think something has come up if they had nothing to announce, yet these colab deals were already set in stone.

Last edited:

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Remember that time they had the game in early access and let people buy battle passes/cosmetics only to say "woops it was a beta!" and then pulled it offline. Yeah screw this game honestly. Would've been better if they scrapped it and moved on.

Oct 28, 2017
If the gameplay can get completely overhauled like NASB did in its sequel and feel more snappier, I'll be happy with that.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I'm hoping they touch the gameplay very little because this plays better than Smash / everything else in the subgenre. They just need to make sure new characters don't come out broken OP like Stripe or Rick.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Still think its messed up how they handled the whole thing and selling packs for as much as 100$ to then go out claiming it was a beta they can just take offline again for 8 months or whatever it is. We will have to see if it was worth it.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I'm hoping they touch the gameplay very little because this plays better than Smash / everything else in the subgenre. They just need to make sure new characters don't come out broken OP like Stripe or Rick.
Yea I'm with you. Seems we're part of the minority who thinks the game actually plays great seeing all the complaints about how it gameplay feels.

ggez007

Sep 28, 2021
Yea I'm with you. Seems we're part of the minority who thinks the game actually plays great seeing all the complaints about how it gameplay feels.
For me it was mainly the online / netcode. Thought the game felt pretty good once you got the hang of it but hated seeing my attacks go straight through someone with no reaction due to poor netcode.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm afraid to mention this but the McDonalds slot was probably bought months in advance and they are just using it because they bought it already, it's no indication the game is ready to go live soon.

For a comparison, they just released some McDonalds toys based on Elio, the hit Pixar Movie.

View: https://twitter.com/DisneyAPromos/status/1759914353560605005

Wondering "Wait, what's Elio?" Well, it was going to be released around this time... than the SAG-AFTRA strikes happened, so the film got pushed back to a 2025 so it can be finished. The McDonalds toys slot remains though. So we still have these toys now at McDonalds for a film that isn't going to be out for another year now.

I can see a similar situation happening with Multiversus as well.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the game when it was gaining traction but I remember the playerbase was dwindling overtime. Anybody know why?

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the game when it was gaining traction but I remember the playerbase was dwindling overtime. Anybody know why?

A lot of people didn't like the gameplay and those complaints started coming in hard, plus the grind to get anything unlocked was ridiculous, even by F2P standards

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Remember that time they had the game in early access and let people buy battle passes/cosmetics only to say "woops it was a beta!" and then pulled it offline. Yeah screw this game honestly. Would've been better if they scrapped it and moved on.
I mean, you still have access when the game relaunches presumably? What's the issue here? Is this another case of people being outraged for the sake of it?

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, you still have access when the game relaunches presumably? What's the issue here? Is this another case of people being outraged for the sake of it?

Not communicating their plans in advance. If I put money into something and they just go "Ha, well now you cant use it for a year, good fucking luck" and pull the rug from under me, then yeah, I'm going to be pissed.

Pulling it down was not part of the plan for them, that's how hard the audience dropped off. Now they've got to turn around people who didn't enjoy it and people that did enjoy it, but feel burned by the complete bait and switch.

Lilly-Anne

Banned
Feb 14, 2024
Not communicating their plans in advance. If I put money into something and they just go "Ha, well now you cant use it for a year, good fucking luck" and pull the rug from under me, then yeah, I'm going to be pissed.

Pulling it down was not part of the plan for them, that's how hard the audience dropped off. Now they've got to turn around people who didn't enjoy it and people that did enjoy it, but feel burned by the complete bait and switch.
I mean, i don't think they handled all this very well, but you can absolutely still play the game in offline mode/local, use every single character and cosmetic. I have never stopped playing the game, and you can use Parsec to play online too.

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK

"Remember that game we just sold you? Yeah, we're taking it offline and you can't play it for a year until we do whatever vague thing we wanna do with it."

"Outraged for the sake of it". Good grief…

I mean, i don't think they handled all this very well, but you can absolutely still play the game in offline mode/local, use every single character and cosmetic. I have never stopped playing the game, and you can use Parsec to play online too.

The game's offline offerings can be generously called "barebones".