• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The Founders Pack is a pretty good deal with my bad math.

30 Character Unlocks of your choosing for $100 (plus everything else in the pack). Not much more outlandish than buying an regular fighter plus it's first season pass typically.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind this is without the servers operating at full capacity either at the moment.

As said in the OT, a complete blowout for the fighting game genre. Congratulations to PFGs and very well deserved. This could be a turning point.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
even if it loses 90% of the playercount its still be awesome and i bet the console numbers are even higher. I love the game, always loved fighting games but i sucked at them, im kinda good at this tho. Already bought the founders pack and i rarely buy shit like that

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's big.
I don't even think WB was expecting it to be this big. Sounds like some expanded server infrastructure is in order.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
  • Free 2 Play
  • Free 2 Try every character in training
  • Every character is available in local play
  • Functional rollback online and matchmaking
  • Crossplay, cross-account progression
  • Main menu to real match in 10 seconds instead of ridiculous load times or goofy ahh lobbies
  • Instant rematches
  • Practice mode where you can change settings/characters without a load screen
  • No training stage
  • Proper elo ranked system
  • Functional PC port

VirtualCloud

Aug 3, 2018
Super happy to see this. Game was made with a lot of love for the ip and genre. Seriously feels great to play and wish them the best. Would love to see some crazy collabs in the future alongside more memorable WB ip

Alex2DX

Nov 6, 2017
I wish I was more interested in the roster...I still have yet to try out the game though. Gotta get on that.

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Huh... It may be free to play but this is the biggest launch I've seen for a fighting game on Steam. 🤔
Pretty surprising, I'm hoping that future fighting games on the platform attract a lot of attention too!

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I hope they dont get greddy with the microtransactions

Too late for this part.

Pretty surprising, I'm hoping that future fighting games on the platform attract a lot of attention too!

This game is a perfect storm of budget, accessibility, and IP.

It's going to eclipse upcoming fighting games. I expect SF6 to do well, but I would be surprised if SF6 does a quarter of MVS' peak.

Project L is likely to be huge too, but I doubt it's this huge.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Huh... It may be free to play but this is the biggest launch I've seen for a fighting game on Steam. 🤔
They don't have Ultra Instinct Shaggy, though.

Also look out Dark Souls 3, MultiVersus just passed Sekiro on all time concurrent and is out for blood.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah if we can assume that there is at least 100k on both playstation and Xbox then were sitting at at LEAST like 300k-350k.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Numbers are shooting up now and I just got in. Think the servers are finally fixed. We're almost at 130,00 jfc.

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
I really thought this would flop, seems like it's pretty decent.

Could be a FTP games that actually sticks around.

Mad Gamer 64

Nov 6, 2017
They seemed to have done most things right with it so far. I haven't gotten around to trying it but I will be soon

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
this is the only thing i'm scratching my head at. every rematch takes you back to the character select and perk select where you have to wait for everyone to reselect. takes 3 minutes top which isn't exactly instant.

I wrote that without playing the game shrug, They gotta fix that one

J_Macgrady

Oct 25, 2017
"How will this affect Lebron's legacy?"
*Skip Bayless voice* "He couldn't even voice his own character! Michael Jeffery Jordan would have never"

On topic, this is pretty impressive. Smash fighters aren't really my thing, but I'm gonna give it a shot. Hopefully they put Neo in the game one day.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Having a blast with the game, im a Taz/WW main so feel free to direct salt my way LOL. Ive seen some really good players so far, and i cant wait to see how many chars and other cosmetics they end up with.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
  • Free 2 Play
  • Every character is available in local play
  • Crossplay, cross-account
  • Main menu to real match in 10 seconds instead of ridiculous load times or goofy ahh lobbies
  • Instant rematches
  • No training stage
  • Functional PC port
Let's compare with the traditional FGs:

• Free 2 Play
DOA5, DOA6, Killer Instinct

Uh....moving on

MK11, MK12, GGST, PRBftG, Inj.2, TFH, KOFXV etc...oh sorry, functional matchmaking? KOFXV

• Crossplay, cross-account
Crossplay...well there are a (small) few...Cross-account as well? Uh....Power Rangers?

I feel this largely depends on the number of people playing, goofy lobbies aside. Assuming matchmaking works of course!

• Instant rematches
Everybody gets there within an acceptable time except Tekken 7-GET READY FOR THE NEXT BATTLE

KOFXV

• No training stage
ArcSys fighters, I think NRS too?

I actually have no idea 🤔

• Functional PC port
Near enough everyone nowadays, thank God.

Fighting games still have a long way to go.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Wow, if this keeps up, it's going to pass Rocket League's all time high on Steam. Team Fortress 2 is also an option.

This game is taking off like Superman.

Cheat Code

Oct 30, 2017
Pretty wild, considering I thought it was intensely mediocre and had a trash monetisation model.

16 coins per win for a 1500 coin character 👍

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
And lo, the fighting game community finally figured out how to get a big crowd. Pay for casuals to play the game with them. The future looks great :|

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
question - Is gleamium the only way to unlock chars or can you unlock them by playing F2P? How does one go about earning gleam and what are the costs of unlocking

No you can earn via gold too. Characters can be unlocked using coins (free), which is quite a bit of a grind after your first character unlock. Pretty much anything else is paid for in real $.