Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
SEASON 2 HAS BEGUN!!
Featuring Marvin the Martian, a Game of Thrones stage, a host of new cosmetics, and more!

4063294-multiversusseason2-keyart.jpg

Note : Multiversus is currently in open beta. Some features are missing, may not work as expected, or may have stability issues.

Developed by Player First Games

What is MultiVersus?

Multiversus is a brand new crossover platform fighter primarily based in the world of Warner Brothers. Characters like Shaggy, Wonder Woman, Steven Universe, and Bugs Bunny are coming together to duke it out.

So it's a WB Smash clone?

Nope! While obviously inspired by the godfather of platform fighters, Multiversus is steeped in it's own systems that truly set it apart in the genre. Including a heavy focus on 2v2 gameplay, digital control inputs rather than analog, completely different defensive, offensive and aerial options, and a perk system just to name a few things. It's about as similar to Smash as Mortal Kombat is to Street Fighter. I encourage you to get a feel for it yourself!

What's the roster looking like?

Here is the current roster as of now.

NjJIlIo.png

Multiversus will be constantly updated, so we should expect many more characters to be added in the future. Some characters have basically been confirmed through leaks.

Marvin the Martian
Gandalf (might be cancelled due to rights)
Raven
Beetlejuice
Wicked Witch of the West
Scooby-Doo
Joker

There are more than this too that are even crazier, but these are the ones that are essentially 99% confirmed. Go check for some other lists around the web for other characters that are most likely coming as well due to credible sources and/or datamines.

I would greatly enjoy kicking someone's ass as Velma. How can I play MultiVersus?

Multiversus is FREE TO PLAY, featuring CROSSPLAY AND CROSS-PROGRESSION! On nearly any current platform you can think of you can jump in and play anytime with anyone. Multiversus will be available on Steam, XB1, XBSeries, PS4, and PS5. Multiversus also features ROLLBACK NETCODE, and the devs are committed to creating a best-in-class online experience!

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-2300 or AMD FX-8350
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 550 Ti or Radeon HD 7770
    • Additional Notes: 60 FPS at 720p
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX 660 or Radeon R9 270
    • Additional Notes: 60 FPS at 1080p

The open beta is essentially the soft launch of the game as all progression will be permanent and purchases will be enabled.

Free to play eh? Alright how are they gonna try and take my cash?

All characters and perks can be unlocked simply by playing the game, and PFG has confirmed it will stay this way. There are zero P2W aspects.

Gleamuim is the premium currency of this game and is primarily used to purchase cosmetics such as costumes, ring out animations, taunts, and announcers. Be prepared, some of these cosmetics have some crazy price tags. Gleamium packs range from $40/$60/$100. The game does feature a battle pass model as well.

Multiversus.jpg

What's this 2v2 focus you mentioned? Explain more dummy, along with other modes.

Multiversus doesn't simply have a team mode, it's gameplay is primarily designed around it's team mode. This means characters have attacks and abilities that can be boosted, utilized, or combined with teammates. For instance, Bugs Bunny can create two tunnels that give him and his teammate an amazing approach/escape option. Reindog can attach a tether to their teammate to pull them in if they go too far off screen. And Wonder Woman can create armor for her teammates. There's also the perk system, that allows you to stack and mix perks with your teammate to make some really powerful synergies.

Multiversus does however still have fully featured 1v1 and 4P FFA modes, but it's focus is 2v2.

Also, Multiversus features full 2-4P local play and ALL characters and perks are unlocked from the get go in this mode! You can't play against online opponents with a local friend however.

Is-MultiVersus-coming-to-Nintendo-Switch.jpg

Resources

Here's the Era Multiversus Discord. Join in if you wanna team up/fight with Era brethren, or just chat about the game.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Here's the official competitive Twitter. Follow this for information on tournaments and other things that focus on the competitive side of Multiversus.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/MVSGaming/status/1551599294553243652?cxt=HHwWiIC-mc7VsYgrAAAA

—————————

I'll update this further as the game develops. Prepare for some dynamic duos.

Last edited:

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Looks interesting will definitely give it a try. Also, this is the only game WB Games remembered that they have the LotR movie license somewhere in the office.

Jun 20, 2021
I hope the WB license isn't just limited to playable characters. I want to see training by Ted Lasso, post-match analysis by John Oliver and inter-match taunts by Logan Roy.

The Quentulated Mox

Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 10, 2022
I really don't care for Warner Bros.' insistence that the fact that they own 700 IPs is the coolest thing ever (see: Ready Player One, Space Jam 2, probably others) but if they announce any Matrix content in this game I'm guaranteed to check it out.

Also Mad Max. Give us a War Rig stage! Give us Furiosa!

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Only got a few hours in for the alpha but it was surprisingly polished from what I played. They've got the makings of a winner with this one!

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to getting my hands on this again. Closed Alpha was addicting

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm anxious they will fuck up something regarding online play, but so far seems all good.

Oct 28, 2017
The MultiVersus waiting room got me in a frenzy to play the game again after how good the closed alpha was. This is like the first large-scale non-Smash platform fighter since what? PlayStation All-Stars?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It's nice to have a platform fighter with rollback netcode & incoming melanin that has pre-existing characters.

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017
Dang, I was hoping this was posted because we got an official release date. Can't wait. Bugs mains unite!
Exactly where my mind was at. I am percolating for the release date announcement; a platform fighter with impeccable netplay in a 4 player scenario is my white whale (one of them anyway). Slap City sorta pulled it off for a hot minute, but then made me realize the second half of the formula is there also needs a substantial player base that can support always finding matches. The f2p model and star power in this gives me the biggest hope yet for a quality platform fighter experience with a long life. Plus the teamplay focus is unprecedented in these kinds of games and I'm genuinely interested in seeing if they pull it off.

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I just want it to be out so I can smash fools with Velma whenever I want, who is probably my favorite new fighting game character in years.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dang, I was hoping this was posted because we got an official release date. Can't wait. Bugs mains unite!
SAME.

I'm fiending for this game.

Sorry y'all! I'm right there with you fiending. It's looking to be a pretty abrupt drop at this point, so I wanted to go ahead and get an OT ready. Plus every day I'm dyin to get news here, so this gives us a better place to chat and post updates.

And Bugs mains unite indeed

Still no word on when Open Beta is? I'm really excited to give this one a try.

It's almost certainly dropping this week or the next, most likely next but there's still some hope for this week.

thank you op for not making an easy smash reference OT title

good-job-batman.gif

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
I'm so pumped, the alpha was a bunch of fun. It's a bit janky but has way more heart and creativity poured into it than a lot of crossover platform fighters get, and the leaked characters are hype as hell. Excited to see how big and wild the roster gets by the end.

Dang, I was hoping this was posted because we got an official release date. Can't wait.

Same lmao

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully something gets announced officially soon. I feel grateful for Tony who is providing all the communication and pretty much the only thing keeping it from being total silence since the closed Alpha ended.

OrigamiPirate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
San Francisco
Got into the Alpha because of a kind soul here, and had an absolute blast. Can't wait to play more. Was hoping the OT popping up meant Open Beta release date, im so eager 😭

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are they basically shadow dropping this?

Tony has said there will be only "some" warning. With that and considering we're almost halfway through July without having a date, along with Tony hinting today the game has passed QA which he claims was the final hurdle, I'm expecting it to be an abrupt drop.

I'm thinkin there's 3 possibilities for release here.

1. We get an announcement tomorrow/Thursday and it's launched Thursday/Friday (PLEASE. Also the reason I wanted to go ahead and get up the OT in case.)

2. We get an announcement this week and it's launched next week around SDCC. Multiversus has a panel there and their PR has been teasing to keep an eye out on it.

3. They do it all next week at SDCC, announce and drop it.

I can't see it falling to the last week of July especially with Evo the following week, but that could just be me not wanting to believe that, lawl.

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
I really don't care for Warner Bros.' insistence that the fact that they own 700 IPs is the coolest thing ever (see: Ready Player One, Space Jam 2, probably others) but if they announce any Matrix content in this game I'm guaranteed to check it out.

It's been expressed that the roster won't just be WB only. Down the future we just might get an official mugen platform fighter lmao

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Can't wait for local play to be avaliable =D

..and lets hope it is not that hard to buy characters

So it's a WB Smash clone?

Nope! While obviously inspired by the godfather of platform fighters, Multiversus is steeped in it's own systems that truly set it apart in the genre. Including a heavy focus on 2v2 gameplay, digital control inputs rather than analog, completely different defensive, offensive and aerial options, and a perk system just to name a few things. It's about as similar to Smash as Mortal Kombat is to Street Fighter. I encourage you to get a feel for it yourself!

I would write

"So it's a WB Smash clone?

YES ! The game not only is a platform fighter but also uses percentage influenced ring outs as the main KO mechanic! But like Both Mortal Kombat, Guilty Gear and Street Fighter are Street Fighter 2 clones and have lots of diferences, this one is not a straight clone, with heavy focus on 2v2 gameplay, digital control inputs rather than analog, completely different defensive, offensive and aerial options, and a perk system just to name a few things. "

but this is just me =P

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Tony has said there will be only "some" warning. With that and considering we're almost halfway through July without having a date, along with Tony hinting today the game has passed QA which he claims was the final hurdle, I'm expecting it to be an abrupt drop.

Wishful thinking but at the risk of reading too deeply into it, Tony did only say that there would be some warning before Open Beta drops specifically. There's no confirmation that we won't get a shadowdrop for early access. I'd love to see a surprise trailer show up any day now concluding with "Buy Founders Pack for early access: Available Today!".

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Is the beta coming out soon or something?

edit: also does this have items because if not.....

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Really curious to see how this plays for me. I'm located a hefty distance from the nearest servers in Europe.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite character in the alpha was Tom & Jerry. Unless the new ones really excite me, that probably won't change too much.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
I didn't expect to like Shaggy and Harley as much as I did in the alphas. The combos feel so good with those characters.
Finn was incredibly fun as well, but have to try him post nerfs.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Excited for this, will be a nice game to play with my brother over just playing Ultimate over Parsec all the time.