Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The relaunch is going to make the doomers look kinda stupid heh ?

That twitch drop is actually insane, a free skin + free premium currency, sheesh.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone expecting the worst had every reason to, so no.
It would be great if they turned things around and the model is actually reasonable, but they're going to have to prove it and not just on paper wher it might sound good. The point of the model is to extract as much money from people as possible via FOMO.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone expecting the worst had every reason to, so no.
It would be great if they turned things around and the model is actually reasonable, but they're going to have to prove it and not just on paper wher it might sound good. The point of the model is to extract as much money from people as possible via FOMO.

Ah damn guess you cracked the code.

Except for the fact that from day 1 they always said there is no FOMO, any BP item can and will come back, in the future. The BP lets you have everything for a huge discount basically, if you play the game regularly.

They've already showed the new model, I don't know what you're saying ? Now you play for free and can earn enough to buy the next BP, while saving some gleamiums too, while having the opportunity to get more through missions and events.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

That twitch drop is actually insane, a free skin + free premium currency, sheesh.

Yeah, seems like they're starting to do everything right now. Feels good. I'm pretty much mostly on board again.

I'm in the same boat. The more I see of this the more I feel like this game might actually pull off the relaunch comeback. I get maintaining healthy skepticism but there's just too many things going right here IMO - the revamped gameplay loop that gets rid of all the flying around and caters more to 1v1s, the updated netcode that from what I've heard is mostly smooth outside a handful of isolated hiccups, a BP that takes more cues from other better ones, multiple routes for free premium currency, a PvE mode that appears like an overall improvement from NASB 2's attempt, a revamped UI including a locals flow that actually feels like it was made for a fighting game......shit even their overall marketing the last couple weeks has been leagues better than whatever the fuck they were trying to do the months before. It's frustrating as hell they took until the final hour to get here and we still need an solid idea on how the grinds and content pipeline but overall things are looking incredibly positive, and you can see that in how it's floating around with all the gameplay vids.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Count me in the "pretty much everything they are doing has been positive so far"
if they keep Jason battlepass exclusive that will be the only bad thing, but the pipeline rumores imples he will be the only season 1 character locked there so could be worst

Also, no MK trailer AT ALL at combo breaker.
Ed Boon was there, gave the prize and that was it

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
Yeah, I agree with y'all. I don't blame anyone (except one person in this thread who is ridiculous with it to the point it feels like they have an agenda) who was skeptical of this comeback, I also was, but they appear to have nailed it.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
I really like the original beta and even i was sceptical. The first video they released talking about how they're coming back was worrying and the 2 months or something with barely any game related updates or footage added to my scepticism. But every thing im seeing now looks damn good. I never expected them to give back currency in the BP and they even did it. The ONLY thing still worrying me is, please lord make the BP less grindy. I shouldn't have to schedule out my play hours in advance to make sure I can feasibly finish it in time.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The gameplay trailers have definitely been great. I look forward to future ones. I wonder if they'll go back and make small trailers for the beta cast.

Excelsior

Oct 28, 2017
www.youtube.com

The FULL Multiversus SEASON 1 Battle Pass!

WB Games provided me with early access to the game.Thank you for Leaving a Like! 👍 Ring the Bell to turn on the Notifications! 🔔 ⤴-------------------------...

Full battle pass contents:

Jason Vorhees Unlock

Variants: 9 (Stripe and Steven skins are free)

Badges (stat trackers): 8

Emotes: 7

Profile icons: 9

Banner frames: 4

Ringouts: 9

Gleamium: x1,150 (500 for free)

Fighter Currency: x3,300 (2,300 for free)

Perk Currency: x2,500 (1,000 for free)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Im curious how fleshed out and/or replayable the single player side of things will be. Im not much of a MP gamer (unless its SFVI), but I might be tempted to try this again if the single player offerings are decent. I do quite like what Ive seen so far in this re-launch.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in the same boat. The more I see of this the more I feel like this game might actually pull off the relaunch comeback. I get maintaining healthy skepticism but there's just too many things going right here IMO - the revamped gameplay loop that gets rid of all the flying around and caters more to 1v1s, the updated netcode that from what I've heard is mostly smooth outside a handful of isolated hiccups, a BP that takes more cues from other better ones, multiple routes for free premium currency, a PvE mode that appears like an overall improvement from NASB 2's attempt, a revamped UI including a locals flow that actually feels like it was made for a fighting game......shit even their overall marketing the last couple weeks has been leagues better than whatever the fuck they were trying to do the months before. It's frustrating as hell they took until the final hour to get here and we still need an solid idea on how the grinds and content pipeline but overall things are looking incredibly positive, and you can see that in how it's floating around with all the gameplay vids.
On paper, the launch version seems to be addressing just about everything the beta suffered from: poor netcode, lack of servers, no single-player content, poor post-launch content pipeline, battle pass rewards/progression, etc. The biggest changes came with the base gameplay itself in that it's able to properly scale between 1v1s and 2v2s like other platform fighters instead of pushing the playerbase towards 2v2 as the main selling point. NASB2 was also a big improvement over its predecessor but so many people were burned on what the first game offered such that very few came around to check out the sequel, MultiVersus seems to be avoiding that in the pre-launch since a lot of players who fell off the game are excited to jump back in (myself included).

The biggest test for the game will be whether it's able to retain a solid playerbase six months to a year following launch, by then we'll know if the game has cemented itself as a successful live-service title. Not many service games get second chances with a big 2.0 relaunch to address its previous shortcomings so PFG is trying their best to make Multiversus a game that people WANT to return to time and time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.