OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
So I noticed my cats have been finding a nice spot to sleep next to my series x. I have it laying down and there is probably around 10 inches or so of open air to the right of the vent. Didn't think much of it , but as I went In for a quick pet I was shocked at how warm the air coming out of this thing was .

Obviously a very nice spot for a pet to want to sleep next to ha . Anyway as long as they aren't completely blocking the venting do yall think this may be an issue with it overheating? And does the series x throw a warning if it does overheat ?

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
OP,
how are you gonna create a thread like this and…not post pictures?
I came in here expecting that and I leave disappointed in no cute kitty photos. :(

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
I think as long as they aren't completely blocking the vent it should be fine. The Series X cooling solution is just very efficient, so you get a nice jet of hot air coming out the top

OP
OP
OldDirtyGamer

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
I think as long as they aren't completely blocking the vent it should be fine. The Series X cooling solution is just very efficient, so you get a nice jet of hot air coming out the top
It's on its side cause that's the only way it fits in my stand but the cats don't completely block it so j was thinking it should be ok

Neo_MG90

Apr 23, 2018
No kitty photos

eca.png

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
There is a special place somewhere for people that make cat related threads without pics.

Caeda

Oct 25, 2017
Danbury, CT
Commenting to remember to come back for the cat pics.

Also yeah, should be fine, just be weary of fur getting into the console, though that would happen regardless of where the cats are laying. Make sure to dust it regularly.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
I do not, nor have I ever wanted to, own a cat.
Yet here I am, disappointed because OP did not deliver pictures of said cats by his Series X.
Mods, please. It's time.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Not knowing how to upload and post pics from a phone is like those people who don't know what directories are on a computer. 😛

IzzyRX