• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UpwardRapier

Jan 22, 2020
Help me Era !! I don't understand why she would block me, I didn't do anything wrong. I was invited to her birthday on the 28th of July. We had a great time, I bought her a gift and a cake that day, we got drunk and chilled on the couch till we fell asleep.

Two days later, she texts me and says " I'm hanging out with a friend watching shows, wanna come over and join? ". So I excepted the invitation and the night was going real smooth, we drank, made tacos, karaoke, hell I even slept there for the night because I was too intoxicated to drive home. ( I threw up in the toilet ). I had work at 5am the next morning too.

I texted her Monday afternoon, this was the last convo before she blocked me :(

Me- Hey, I had fun even tho it almost cost me my job haha.

Her- Bruhhh no way!

Her- Really?

Her- you got messed up. I'm sorry!

Me- My manager gave me a warning lol. It's cool, it was my bad

Her- After the first shot you were feeling it huh. That's why I kinda didn't initiate the shots anymore lol

Then I told her about a funny encounter I had with her dad the next morning, I just said how it was awkward and how I needed to grab my car keys from the table he was sitting at and how he gave me a weird look. I said it playfully with a laugh emoji.

She didn't reply back. I didn't think much of it until the next day when I sent her a text, then I realized I got blocked!… what should I do? I can't just let her go because I lent her money that I want back lol

UPDATE: if you guys want I'll keep everyone posted but ima give her a week to reach out to me with no contact. I'll answer more questions when I get the time! Talk soon

Last edited:

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Could be a mistake? Do you have other channels to communicate with her? IG?

Because your side of the story seems super "normal"? Unless you leaving things stuff out.

Try once, no reply. Move on.

Apr 2, 2021
Move on from the money and this friend. I have no idea what went wrong here but the only possible way to make it better or keep the situation from getting worse is to not reach out and respect that this person does not want to talk to you or see you.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Yes you can and you should.
This.

Maybe you did something while drunk. Maybe you didn't, but if you threw up in her toilet and she said you were feeling it after the first shot, you probably did. I don't know why you clowned around with her dad, but either way, you made her feel uncomfortable. Or maybe you made her dad feel uncomfortable. Or maybe you didn't, and she's just not interested for some other reason!

You need to be okay not knowing.

Ripcord

Oct 30, 2017
Going after the money you lent her is a good way to make it worse. Cut your losses.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
When people block you it's more often than not a 'them' thing not a 'you' thing. Don't obsess about it. Do let it go. That money is gone.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Minus points for loaning money to a crush

Minus more points for getting vomiting drunk what a fucking shit thing to do as a guest let alone not knowing your own limits

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
How old are you?
Young enough that her dad catching you boozed up could put her in trouble?

As for the money: anytime you loan something to someone you have to expect you'll never get it back.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Never loan money to people. Always borrow money. Then they'll never want to let you go.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Could be a mistake? Do you have other channels to communicate with her? IG?

Because your side of the story seems super "normal"? Unless you leaving things stuff out.

Try once, no reply. Move on.
nah don't do this. OP should just take the L and move on. Something like that comes off as creeper status. If she wanted to talk to them she would. She doesn't. Take the L and let it go.

Oct 27, 2017
You can try *one more time* to contact her through a social media account or a mutual friend in case it was a random mistake to block you on her phone, but that's it. If you're blocked or get no answer from somewhere else, leave her alone unless she gets back in touch with you.

Definitely forget the money

Lace

Oct 27, 2017
Might have something to do with how much you've been drinking. I'm sure there is a lot more to this story, but I'd just move past it if I was you.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I'd say get in contact with her to talk about getting paid back the money you lent then leave her alone. My ex still has my boots and Xbone and I eventually just let it go and moved ok but I shouldn't have and you shouldn't. But it depends on how much she owes you, if it's less than $100 then probably not worth it.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
lol depends on how much money.

But remember this OP, only lend money if you can part with counting it as a loss.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Message her in Insta and say,

"15 bucks little man put that shit in my hand and if that money doesn't show then you owe me owe me owe"

Yeona

Banned
Jan 19, 2021
OP, take this from an old coot: If a friend of mine who I had a crush on blocked me, the money I lent them would be literally the last thing on my mind.

Maybe start by introspecting on why that's not the case for you.

If it's enough money to make you say that seems like you might know why you're blocked.

I mean, in fairness, don't lend money you can't afford to lose forever. It's like one of the first things we teach children when they start getting lunch money and stuff. I never would lend money to a friend expecting it back to begin with, I'd give it away if I could afford it, or not at all if I couldn't.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I think you need to just befriend the dad. You wanna block me? Fine. I'm going fishing with your dad. Don't wanna pay me back? That's cool-- your old man and I just cleared out your college savings buying tickets to the World Cup. Check and mate.

Real talk though: I'm getting up there in age and all I can say is that I've never seen a situation where someone gets blocked or cut off, thinks that they need to have the decision reconsidered, and have ever made the situation better by pressing the argument. Trying to get the blocker to change their mind always results in the blockee looking worse and worse.

Time to cut your losses, OP. You've already lost this one. Now it's just time to accept it and move on.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
it sounds pretty innocuous so far so are you leaving out an important detail that will flip the entire thread like what happens every time

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
If you truly did share all the relevant details with us, then it's not something you did. Maybe she started dating someone, or maybe she got back with an ex. Regardless, it probably wasn't something you did. I would send one more text, and if she doesn't reply, you can just let it go.

I know it sucks, and I know it's easier said than done, but better to go out on a high note than be overly eager and annoy her or come across as clingy or worse, creepy.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Three things everyone should know:
  • Don't borrow a ton of money to people, especially a crush
  • Don't get shitfaced drunk when around your crush, chances are you're gonna say and/or do something stupid
  • Don't get shitfaced drunk at a friend's place who still lives with their parents unless you know them well and are cool with them
She could have blocked you because of the money, she could have blocked you because you said or did something stupid while drunk, or she could have blocked you because you did something to piss off her dad.

AnimasPaine

Banned
Jun 15, 2022
User Banned (Permanent): Sexism, account in junior phase
Never ever give a woman money for any circumstance if isn't your wife or a family member (and even this is questionable).

Status
Not open for further replies.